Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

1/ Lambert gone as he has been in football for how long and wants change.

2/ Maric has been as an assistant now for awhile and is time we upgrade him anyhow.

3/ Most of the players that want out are taking the easy option? They had their success and for most part that’s all they cared about.

4/ Hardwick left us with an average list hence why he left. The list is on him not Yze.

So what if Maric wants out. He has been working with Samson Ryan and Mate Colina and previously with Soldo.

Not too worried if that amazing progress is stalled.

Our three best mid-age players request trades, add it to the list of absolutely disasters this year.

Yze couldn't talk around even one of them?

Not sure there has been a worse first year coaching appointment at any club?

Worst results in 120 years and has now gutted the club of its top line talent.

Rioli especially, no. 17, how bad do you have to mismanage things to have him request a trade away from Richmond?

Are you really suggesting, that everything that has happened this year is on Yze?

Are you really suggesting, that everything that has happened this year is on Yze?
He might be but it's been coming for years now. I don't really know if his any good I have my doubts. All players wanting to leave WTF is going on? We have no playing list assistants dropping like flies medical staff probably the worst in afl history how are people are saying quick turnaround based on draft well I don't know.

Our three best mid-age players request trades, add it to the list of absolutely disasters this year.

Rioli especially, no. 17, how bad do you have to mismanage things to have him request a trade away from Richmond?
i think it has nothing to do with the coach... look at WCE and how it got out that the players wanted him gone. Nothing has come out to even suggest that this is the same for our players.

you could insert any coach into this season and they would finish bottom 3

The more people want out (players & coaches) the more worrying this is for the club. There are now three prime players requesting to be traded, one ultimate club man (Lambert) officially gone and big rumour the Maric also wants out. Maybe the senior coach has by default (cleared the decks) with his less than inspiring first year. This all appears to be catching up with the club in a real hurry. Hope they still review the FD at seasons end like GOOD clubs do even if only into his first year.
Pushing Balme out was step 1 .
Unnecessary and stupid

I think the club made a huge mistake with the Yze appointment.
I may be reading too much into it but I sense the players don't respect him.
Look at Kingsley you can tell the players fear him and he demands respect.
Yze was a soft player and now proving to be a soft coach.

Dimma fisted us before leaving us in a ****ing great big hole.
If he was honest we could have tried to keep Kingsley as a back up.

The other issue is he can't sell a vision if he doesn't have one.

i think it has nothing to do with the coach... look at WCE and how it got out that the players wanted him gone. Nothing has come out to even suggest that this is the same for our players.

you could insert any coach into this season and they would finish bottom 3
It's at least partly related to the coach/this year. They might not have a particular problem with Yze, but is there a clear vision that they are sold on, are they inspired to play for the coach? It's not particularly common 3 of your best want out at once.

From the outside I can't see a plan or vision, both game plan wise or more broadly.. Yze came in and was like this is a club that hasn't played finals in a few years..we need to get back to that, we "want players feeling like they can make top 4." 12 months later it's our worst season ever and we seem to be going the full rebuild. By choice or was our hand forced? Seems the latter.

It is what it is I guess. Hopefully we nail this draft.

I think the club made a huge mistake with the Yze appointment.
I may be reading too much into it but I sense the players don't respect him.
Look at Kingsley you can tell the players fear him and he demands respect.
Yze was a soft player and now proving to be a soft coach.

Dimma fisted us before leaving us in a ****ing great big hole.
If he was honest we could have tried to keep Kingsley as a back up.

The other issue is he can't sell a vision if he doesn't have one.
That was my concern - do players respect a coach who was a pure outside player . Maybe reading too much into that but are there examples of successful coaches who were outside players

Having said that now we appointed him we need to give him more time than his first year

And the contracts these coaches had at the time. I’m tipping they all aligned with Hardwick tenure and when he quit early, we were left having to honour the assistant’s contracts
That’s correct, it’s a shame some people can’t see this. I would like to think when the others are out of contract, they are next to go

Last edited:
That’s correct, it’s a shame some people can’t see this. I would like to think when the others are out of contract, they are next to go
True, but sometimes you need to use commonsense and sack people of destructive incompetence and culture breakers. Meehan for instance and Hardwick after 2020 respectively. It's all about recognising the moment to act.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True, but sometimes you need to use commonsense and sack people of destructive incompetence and culture breakers. Meehan for instance and Hardwick after 2020 respectively. It's all about recognising the moment to act.
I've lost count how many organisations I have worked at where one individual usually in upper management has the power to destroy moral and culture.

Often even when the problem is raised by multiple staff members it gets swept under the carpet.
So the outcome is team members will leave due to the lack of action by management.

The irony is that in most occasions that destructive individual will be promoted to a GM role.

The moral is that the lack of action at the appropriate time will destroy cultures and work environments.

Yes like the share market or the property market. The best people/clubs are the ones who get it right more often. We have been struggling of late there

That was my concern - do players respect a coach who was a pure outside player . Maybe reading too much into that but are there examples of successful coaches who were outside players

Having said that now we appointed him we need to give him more time than his first year

The vast majority of players wouldn’t even know what club he played for or when he played.

Most players don’t know footy history that well from what ive heard, nor do they follow it much.

I remember Dimma once saying he had a few players who didn’t even know he played in an premiership.

I doubt they are thinking too much into what position he played

The vast majority of players wouldn’t even know what club he played for or when he played.

Most players don’t know footy history that well from what ive heard, nor do they follow it much.

I remember Dimma once saying he had a few players who didn’t even know he played in an premiership.

I doubt they are thinking too much into what position he played
Yeah Yze stopped playing like 16 years ago

Means the 18 year olds looking to get drafted were around 2 when he hung up the boots

Anyone saying on here Yze can take the year off and relax are joking. He needs to get the most out of the fit playing list as possible. Our kids most of them have a lot of deficiencies with skill, execution and tackling etc etc. He with his team of assistants and fitness staff need to iron them out individually and this is the best time to do it. He has to give the kids the opportunity to improve on their weaknesses otherwise they need moving on. He’s got more problems than the early explorers as our list is not only old and slow, but full of young blokes with way too many deficiencies. I look at the Eagles they last won the flag in 2018 and they’ve basically done the full bottoming out rebuild and I think their flag contentions will be around 27/28. So that’s a 9/10 year cycle. So we’ve already lost two years of drafts for nothing and the 21 draftees maybe Brown and Clarke are the likely stars, but nothing near the ilk of DH cream in 2010. This means our cycle should’ve started at end of the 20 season , but delayed bc of TT and JH so Yze will need to wait until 31/32 for success if list Management is done properly with guns being picked. I can’t see him surviving that long unless he does a baby bombers 93 or Hawks 08 which is very difficult nowadays.
It will really be what he gets out of the next two years and how he goes about it. ATM he worries me that he’s played Kmac, Pickett and JGTi all year if fit. Injuries have saved them, but after yesterday I’m sure banks and Smith could’ve replaced two them as they couldn’t have contributed any less. He needs to tell certain people in the FD that Grimes, Kmac, Pickett and Prestia need to retire. Lynch one more year as we can’t have him playing bugger all games on his coin. Trade Broad , Baker, Short and JGTI for picks. Delist Dow , HRS and Kosi whether they have contracts or not as we need only guys that can take our list forward and grow with the remaining nucleus of players who are the heart to the next generation. Dusty must either retire or go as he’s not needed anymore for the same reasons. It sounds radical, but the longer we sit on our hands thinking that we can be competitive and play finals we will fall in that vortex of Ninthmond again. Best way to avoid this is to be total rubble and collect the early picks like wallet did. If he doesn’t then he will probably go early in his third season if he’s lucky. Can he coach is the $1 million dollar question? I’m not certain, but i don’t like he’s shown faith to stagnate old players when he’s had opportunities to drop them. It appears trivial, but it sends the message mediocrity is acceptable at the club and creates favourites as well as discernment among the playing group. Some of Dusty’s efforts yesterday were poor as well as Pickett’s last week and they both will get away with it. I think if he can do most of what I’ve said he will start to build a list possibly in faster time and getting more respect and trust from the younger group. I wish him good luck as he’s going to need it.
White spaces please..

Unlikely to survive the rebuild unless he really turns things around in the W/L record. Just the reality of a the business

He’s a development coach not a messiah by any stretch so he’s landed in the right spot for that. Doubt he’ll be the coach of our next serious tilt
W/L record will be harder due to most of our side are kids. He deserves to see it out after the rebuild.

Are we sure that it wasn't Richmond that wanted to move on a few of these players, none of them are in the age range to be around for our next flag and we desperately need to get heavily into the draft what with Tassie coming in a couple of years.

Probably the best thing that could have happened, there is going to be a bit of pain for a few years, but better now than in a year or two when the drafts are compromised.

Love what is happening at the club at the moment. Yze has asked for full commitment from everyone and those that want to depart are allowed to make their moves. The only way we get back to being the club we were during the premiership years is with everyone on board and fully engaged.

Thankfully this year has happened and has opened up the eyes of those in charge to see that change was needed and not just subtle tweaks, but a major overhaul.

Get the off field appointments sorted now, with regards to assistants and fitness, let Hartley do his thing at the trade table and then Toce can pick the eyes out of the draft and give Yze the players that can be developed as a group to execute the game plan.

ted-lasso.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back