Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

The Exodus says a lot about Yze, everyone thinks these picks in the draft are just automatically going fix all our issues & problems.
But we going to have to develop them amazing. and the people have queries on the coaching staff they are the ones that it's up to.

What it says is these players probably can’t adapt to the change. The club is bigger than Yze, they wouldn’t let someone come in and destroy it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What it says is these players probably can’t adapt to the change. The club is bigger than Yze, they wouldn’t let someone come in and destroy it.

Or maybe the club is bigger than the senior players who didn't want change and all they had to do was accept that Yze would be a different voice to Dimma Hardwick.

Steve Morris promoted to Backline coach

Watch this space

What’s he actually done? Is he a development coach besides VFL coach? Because you could argue our kids haven’t come on as hoped

What’s he actually done? Is he a development coach besides VFL coach? Because you could argue our kids haven’t come on as hoped
He got the absolute max out of our VFL squad considering who had available due to all the injuries

Will be well deserved for sure

Or maybe the club is bigger than the senior players who didn't want change and all they had to do was accept that Yze would be a different voice to Dimma Hardwick.
Unfortunately some people can’t accept change. AFL and clubs are a business, often most companies change managers or leaders you just accept it, If you don’t like it move on.

Last edited:
I for one Daka agree: 3 senior players of which 2 had long term contracts before he arrived.
Baker ok - does seem like hes been offered a good deal with good money -- even with the RFC captaincy.
Does seem very very very coincidental....
Dusty retires with 3 games left ---- now to GC
Graham has an offer - would rather wait to see who coaches WCE?

Has he brought the shit melbourne culture here?

It does give off that sort of culture, miserable looking place

There are some alarm bells ringing for me now
We have 4 players leaving in their prime, David Teague left before seeing out his contract. Kane Lambert left, Dusty has retired now is looking at Gold Coast. Came last with worst season ever. Taranto did not look happy in his interview .There is more wrong than injuries. We can bring in a bucket load of youth but unless the culture is strong we will have a repeat of the fab 5 from 2004

you do realise the camel was Not his idea, anything for an excuse. Also Dimmas final year we struggled as well. So how about we blame him and give a first year coach time to resolve the list.
This aged well ... Dusty going to play for $300K elsewhere ... basically taking a $1million dollar pay cut not to play for Yze

We have 4 players leaving in their prime, David Teague left before seeing out his contract. Kane Lambert left, Dusty has retired now is looking at Gold Coast. Came last with worst season ever. Taranto did not look happy in his interview .There is more wrong than injuries. We can bring in a bucket load of youth but unless the culture is strong we will have a repeat of the fab 5 from 2004
Teague got the ass and Lambert is leaving football.

Bolton leaving for family reasons, Baker going home. Graham maybe leaving for money and guaranteed game time. Rioli under the thumb.

LOL taranto looking sad in a video 🤦🏻

Balta backed Yze in his video...

Also no one in the media is saying its because of Yze they are leaving... its as easy clickbait as possible yet no one is BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING

Just individualist players looking after themselves.. easy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately some people can’t accept change. AFL and clubs are a business, often most companies change managers or leaders you just accept it, If you don’t like it move on.
Yep, and clearly Yze has been the one to struggle with change the most.

Step up has been way beyond him. Too early to claim the Peter Principle in action here.

Let’s see if he can find his feet at this changed level, before the business claims him.

Step up has been way beyond him. Too early to claim the Peter Principle in action here.

Let’s see if he can find his feet at this changed level, before the business claims him.
Would be nice if Richmond allowed him to bring in his own team of Assistant coaches which never happened. So not purely him, then again unavailable of players and a dud of a medical team.

This aged well ... Dusty going to play for $300K elsewhere ... basically taking a $1million dollar pay cut not to play for Yze
Good luck to him, anyone that doesn’t want to be there can go.

Do you follow Richmond?
Get games into Brown with a broken wrist!!
Why not. Tea spoon of cement and harden the **** up eh?

Probs shoudda got JVR. Anyhow, Brown has slotted into Grimes spot nicely in 2024. Along with Tresize back.
Debate over Short's form & Smith non selection. D. Rioli departure makes it easy to slot Smith there. If they want Rioli's sprint efforts play Hugo there.
Do I follow Richmond?
Good question buddy, here’s a couple of questions for you.
Who is our best recruit over the last four years?
Here’s a list of the top 40 players under the age of 24, how many Richmond players can you find in there?
How many finals have we won in the last four years?

40th. Oliver Dempsey
39th. Trent Rivers
38th. Logan McDonald
37th. Joshua Rachele
36th. James Rowbottom
35th. Jye Caldwell
34th. Jack Ginnivan (as a Hawthorn fan, I have no idea how he's here)
33rd. Sam Durham
32nd. Riley Thilthorpe
31st. Jye Amiss
30th. Nic Martin
29th. Jordan Clark (seriously underrated)
28th. Will Ashcroft
27th. Cody Weightman
26th. Harley Reid
25th. Mac Andrew
24th. Joshua Weddle
23rd. Kysaiah Pickett
22nd. Jai Newcombe
21st. Sam De Koning
20th. Luke Jackson
19th. Matt Rowell
18th. Massimo D'Ambrosio
17th. Joshua Treacy
16th. Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera
15th. Sam Darcy
14th. Tom Green
13th. Sam Flanders
12th. Hayden Young
11th. Noah Anderson
10th. Will Day
9th. Max Holmes
8th. Caleb Serong
7th. Jamarra Ugle-Hagan
6th. Chad Warner
5th. Jason Horne-Francis
4th. Harry Sheezel
3rd. Errol Gulden
2nd. Zak Butters
1st. Who else? Nick Daicos.

IMO We sold the farm because of Hardwicks ego, that’s my point.
I dont really give a fk if you dont agree with it.
By the way it’s not really about who others have picked when it comes draft selections you have traded away, it’s who you could have picked.
To say that Taranto and Hopper are doing what they’ve been traded in for when you consider four potential players we could have had is as stupid a comment I’ve read.
I hope the club doesn’t settle for mediocrity as easily as you do.

Vfl games
Brown 26
Sonsie 34
Banks 36
Clark 21

Here’s another question for you.
Our recruits from the 2021 draft have played 117 VFL games while we haven’t won a final.
* this isnt all of them
Vfl games
Brown 26
Sonsie 34
Banks 36
Clark 21

Go through that list of 40 players and see how many players you have to select to equal 117 VFL games.
How many do you think it will be?

We’ve drafted 21 players from the 2021 draft to now.

Very easy to look at the exodus and say it points to Yze not being good enough as a coach, but I see it differently.

IMO Yze has put it to the playing group that we're in for a tough couple of years as we rebuild the list and that could mean a few years where we're not in contention for the finals, so anyone who isn't committed to going through the rebuild can ask to be traded and they club will do their best to facilitate the move, but won't be simply letting players walk. That is why reports say that both Bolton and Rioli understand that both could remain with Richmond in 2025 should we not get adequate compensation for them.

That is why you see reports coming out that the Dockers & Suns have both said that they understand that they will need to pay the price to get both players across. I have no doubt that both clubs and Richmond have been in deep discussions over the past fortnight since the requests became official and that the framework to both deals is pretty much set and it's probably just the finer details that need to be sorted.

As for Martin reversing his retirement decision, who cares? He is an unrestricted free agent and probably has 2 years left in his career if he does go on. It's no shock to see that he wants to play for a side possibly in contention for the finals. Not many players at the same stage of their careers are going to want to play for a rebuilding side, where wins may be few and far between.

I wouldn't be shocked to see in a couple of years, when we're back in contention for finals, that reports come out stating that Yze went to the board in late 2024 and that he presented a plan to rebuild the list and that the club gave him full support to do so.

Very easy to look at the exodus and say it points to Yze not being good enough as a coach, but I see it differently.

IMO Yze has put it to the playing group that we're in for a tough couple of years as we rebuild the list and that could mean a few years where we're not in contention for the finals, so anyone who isn't committed to going through the rebuild can ask to be traded and they club will do their best to facilitate the move, but won't be simply letting players walk. That is why reports say that both Bolton and Rioli understand that both could remain with Richmond in 2025 should we not get adequate compensation for them.

That is why you see reports coming out that the Dockers & Suns have both said that they understand that they will need to pay the price to get both players across. I have no doubt that both clubs and Richmond have been in deep discussions over the past fortnight since the requests became official and that the framework to both deals is pretty much set and it's probably just the finer details that need to be sorted.

As for Martin reversing his retirement decision, who cares? He is an unrestricted free agent and probably has 2 years left in his career if he does go on. It's no shock to see that he wants to play for a side possibly in contention for the finals. Not many players at the same stage of their careers are going to want to play for a rebuilding side, where wins may be few and far between.

I wouldn't be shocked to see in a couple of years, when we're back in contention for finals, that reports come out stating that Yze went to the board in late 2024 and that he presented a plan to rebuild the list and that the club gave him full support to do so.

Agree, seems like a case of correlation v causation
The reasons behind these players wanting out aren’t directly linked to Yze and would of happened either way no matter was the head coach

He’s been a massive disappointment. Clearly not a leader of men or one that can create a strong culture. Might be good at match day tactics but hasn’t even shown that yet. Massive heck up by the club. Just add it to long list of late

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back