Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

How did he misjudge it?

When he said it I'm sure he didn't expect to be dealing with an unprecedented injury list that saw a number of our best players sitting in the stands through the middle of the year.

Let's not forget that before that happened we'd beaten Sydney, ran with Carlton all the way with 3 players out due to injury in game and got within 5 goals of Port who were flying at that stage.

Surely a bit of common sense enters this discussion eventually
We were 14 wins off top 4, even with an average run with injuries we were still nowhere near it c’mon

None of us were talking top 4 at the same point even with the most optimistic expectations

We were 14 wins off top 4, even with an average run with injuries we were still nowhere near it c’mon

None of us were talking top 4 at that point even with the most optimistic expectations
So you want a senior coach to tell the media how bad we are going to be for years to come? Really. All clubs should be aiming for the top4 that’s the business. I don’t recall he said we Would make the top4

So you want a senior coach to tell the media how bad we are going to be for years to come? Really. All clubs should be aiming for the top4 that’s the business. I don’t recall he said we Would make the top4
See how you got to jump to extremes to go against the point being made

We’re rebuilding but not taking finals out of the equation is all he’s got to say. Pretty simple

We’re rebuilding but not taking finals out of the equation is all he’s got to say. Pretty simple
Did the club really believe we were rebuilding though? Don’t recall ever hearing it before the season officially started only when the injuries took over.

Did the club really believe we were rebuilding though? Don’t recall ever hearing it before the season officially started only when the injuries took over.
windows still wide open, theres flies getting in

Shoulve kept stack, Townsend, Higgins, butler, caddy. Lost our mongrels. Marlion shouldve got to 100
Towsend lost form early 18.Plodder Caddy lost his spot up fwd, too slow for wing.
Stack? Too ****ing wild off field
Jack the mongrel Higgins? yuk Better off at St Kilda..
Pickett maybe. became a ball butcher
but DAN BUTLER a mongrel?
But I'm blind in one eye can't see out the other. So I missed Dan the Mongrel Butler up our fwd line

Last edited:
That’s true but that’s a club issue not so much Yze.
Which is why nobody’s saying anything about Yze for that. I’m fine with him not going all out rebuilding messaging from the beginning but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t well off the mark in his initial expectations

The whole club got it wrong this year and Yze is a part of that. You can argue on what level but this trying to absolve him of any responsibility is getting out of hand

None of us were talking top 4 at the same point even with the most optimistic expectations
The point is he never guaranteed that we'd finish top 4. He said we'd be aiming for that and in September 2023 when a new coach is appointed and is trying to sell a vision to supporters of course they're going to say that.

If people took it that he literally guaranteed top 4, then that's on them and not Yze.

There were many who expected us to be playing finals this season. Go back and look at the comments early on in this thread as well as the expectations and best 23 threads from late 2023-early 2024. Some of those posters are also the ones most critical of Yzes performance.

I'm fully expecting Yze to once again set the goal of playing finals in 2025, because that's what sells memberships and gets the general supporter base invested. As mentioned imagine the carry on from fans and the media if any club/coach came out and said its bottom 2 for us.

The smart ones will understand that's just PR spin and know that we're more likely to be fighting WCE for the spoon than for a spot in the top 8.

The point is he never guaranteed that we'd finish top 4. He said we'd be aiming for that and in September 2023 when a new coach is appointed and is trying to sell a vision to supporters of course they're going to say that.

If people took it that he literally guaranteed top 4, then that's on them and not Yze.

There were many who expected us to be playing finals this season. Go back and look at the comments early on in this thread as well as the expectations and best 23 threads from late 2023-early 2024. Some of those posters are also the ones most critical of Yzes performance.

I'm fully expecting Yze to once again set the goal of playing finals in 2025, because that's what sells memberships and gets the general supporter base invested. As mentioned imagine the carry on from fans and the media if any club/coach came out and said its bottom 2 for us.

The smart ones will understand that's just PR spin and know that we're more likely to be fighting WCE for the spoon than for a spot in the top 8.
Exactly right its like any business or product. Your selling the ideal. Investors dont invest and buyers dont buy if you present an unattractive product. Imagine if fast food ads had burgers that resembled the smashed lumps of bread and meat you actually get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody’s saying he guaranteed top 4 and nobody’s saying he should have said we’re in the shitter either

Like I said to truetiger the only way to go against what people have pointed out is take it to the extreme one way or the other

Next year he won’t be saying top 4 because he won’t (sanely) believe it’s possible. It’s not all PR spin, good or bad he must have believed it last year to say it. That was the point people were making from weeks/months back and it still holds true

At the end of the day it is what it is and we have far bigger issues. I don’t get this need some have to go to the ends of the earth defending him at every single turn. You got to stop with this preconceived protection racket and just play each ball on its merits

Has Clarkson said they could be top 4 ?

Nobody’s saying he guaranteed top 4 and nobody’s saying he should have said we’re in the shitter either

Like I said to truetiger the only way to go against what people have pointed out is take it to the extreme one way or the other

Next year he won’t be saying top 4 because he won’t (sanely) believe it’s possible. It’s not all PR spin, good or bad he must have believed it last year to say it. That was the point people were making from weeks/months back and it still holds true

At the end of the day it is what it is and we have far bigger issues. I don’t get this need some have to go to the ends of the earth defending him at every single turn. You got to stop with this preconceived protection racket and just play each ball on its merits
It's not defending him so much, it's more about correcting a mistruth that has been taken as fact.

Well Mr Yze has a challenge ahead of himself and fellow assistant coaches

the new broom has swept clean , but when they opened the door a few more players left than they probably bargained for

we will get a bunch of players thru the national draft over the next two iterations

the challenge part is keeping the list together and not going down the North and Gold Coast path over the coming years
where you keep leaking these good young players from the draft in 2 -3 years time

the thing I'm hanging onto is the culture of the club , over the past decade they look like they have been very focused on making the young guys that come into the club very decent human beings as well as good footballers

if we do go to this years draft with a very strong hand in the top 20 picks , we have to make sure these guys don't get ahead of themselves

And we probably aren’t doing better next year but you never know.

I thought we would win it 2016 and 2023. You never know what’s possible and what isn’t.
Think we’ll be better than 2 wins next year. Meehan gone and a bunch of hungry kids playing for the jumper as opposed to veterans getting gifted games who couldn’t give a stuff

At least I hope

Think we’ll be better than 2 wins next year. Meehan gone and a bunch of hungry kids playing for the jumper as opposed to veterans getting gifted games who couldn’t give a stuff

At least I hope
Well ... hopefully veterans won't be gifted games.
Will take a whole mindset change from the last three years.

End of last year, start of this year we weren't rebuilding, we didn't have the draft picks to start rebuilding.
At best it was transition and he wouldn't say that.
Agree though he didn't quite choose the right message, top 4 wasn't right as we just missed finals, he should have said top 8, (with no ceiling!!).
Injuries aside he was given a tough task with so many incumbents in the club.
He has a chance to better forge his own path over the next 12-18 months now. Let's hope he gets a better run with Injuries so we can get a clearer picture of his intended direction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back