Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Just my opinion but I think Nank is going to struggle and let’s be honest he isn’t even in the top 12 rucks in the comp. Prestia played quite a few games in the end this year and was ordinary and he won't get better next year even if he plays. Lynch - well it’s 2 years now since he had a meaningful impact so I reckon the odds are against him having a good year.
If Prestia can stay fit and be this ordinary for most of next year I'll take it.
"Injury-free for the last seven games of the season, Prestia averaged 24.9 disposals, 9.4 contested possessions, 3.9 marks, 3.4 inside-50s, 4.9 clearances, 5.1 score involvements and 337.2 metres gained."

I’d be lying if I said I was pleased to read the reports on exit meetings, in fact I’ve just peeled myself from the ceiling Whilst there were some positives that could be found from a diabolical I can’t get away from this being the worst on record for the RFC
For mine 4+ wins is the pass mark for ooze, any less and it would again be in the record books as worst first 2 seasons in football history
I think I have some cred in making this call
I rated Dimma from the get go to r4 ‘23
Kingers as a great asst and senior coaching candidate
FJ as one of the greatest recruiters in league history
And mini would soon be a head coach

Good luck ooze I sincerely hope he makes some progress , if not give Morro a go

From what I’ve heard from many, I’m no fan of Yze. It’s been clear he lost the players not by being hard and disciplined or wanting to change things up but by trying to be mates and have no clear plan and allow players to do what they wanted. Bolton allowed to play where he wanted and do what he wanted and others saw that and said, wtf is going on. Yze has no back bone.

But as I said, we have no choice to get behind him so I will. And the club. But not blindly. I want to see the club invest in football, go hard at turning the list around and have a clear and precise plan to be the best again.

I’m not holding my breath but I’ll support and give the club that. But things have to change from the way things are going.
Spot on, give him some leeway as he’s a first time senior coach. But he’d want to make this team and club his own next season.

If that's true then the blokes going to be gone very quickly. It may not be his fault, but it's definetely his responsibility if the players won't play for him.
Yes, but perhaps these are players that got too used to one coach and system when everything qas going well.
Things looked OK at the start of the season before the huge injury toll.
He is a first year coach finding his way. The key is if he can take this feedback on and improve. It speaks more about those leaving after one year than the coach I think.
Worst case is he's not up to it, but it will leave us at the bottom this year and next while we revamp the list before Tasi come in.
Best case he has found his feet by the end of next year and we can start moving back up to contend.
I really love how so many on here are so definite in their analysis based on media opinions, I certainly learnt my lesson after the last lot of Dusty rubbish that you can't really believe anything you here as being anywhere near the whole truth.

Last edited:
Anyone on here that thinks this is news is not clued in. Go and listen to Benny Gale who has said multiple times that Yze had sat back this year after a successful dynasty with premiership and generational players everywhere after a successful era. They fully expect Yze to take more responsibility and make this team his own next year. It would be pretty daunting to take the reins when the identity of the club is still looking in the rear vision mirror. Next year we expect improvement. The club wanted change and a new identity. Yze is a very capable coach. Senior Players who haven’t bought in and taken the easy out we say thanks for your service and we move forward. 👋
That's a cop out to waste a season on doing nothing. It's actually disgraceful if true bc it already has opened up poor habits and standards. That's culture killing and and basically ranking players above the coach. I'm not buying it one iota.

Rubbish - When Hardwick came in were garbage but the players from the get-go were trying to play for him. I haven't seen any of that at Richmond this season with a much better squad of senior players. We also didn't have players lining up to leave. I only take solace in the fact that we could have one of the strongest draft hands in the history of the football club.
True, but the players weren't playing for Wallet by the end either and were ready for a new coach.
Dimma got up and left to play with some new toys and I feel that there were a lot of players disappointed it was Yze over Minni, hardly the best environment to walk into and stamp your authority on, especially as Yze didn't have the chance to even stamp his own authority on his assistants and support staff.

I fear we overlooked Mini because we were too afraid of being an inuslar organisation and simultaneously clinging on to the hope of a quick bounce with a new coach from the outside and emulating GWS and Collingwood. Think we also got fooled by Yze's presentation in that it was his 3rd or 4th attempt and he had already recieved a lot of feedback/tips compared to it being Mini's first. Wouldn't be surprised if it also hurt the playing group, they seemed pretty wedded to Mini. Half of them are in a horse ownership syndicate alongside Mini
Exactly why I'm glad we went with Yze.
Club needed a rebuild on and off field and it's really starting now.

Anyone on here that thinks this is news is not clued in. Go and listen to Benny Gale who has said multiple times that Yze had sat back this year after a successful dynasty with premiership and generational players everywhere after a successful era. They fully expect Yze to take more responsibility and make this team his own next year. It would be pretty daunting to take the reins when the identity of the club is still looking in the rear vision mirror. Next year we expect improvement. The club wanted change and a new identity. Yze is a very capable coach. Senior Players who haven’t bought in and taken the easy out we say thanks for your service and we move forward. 👋
Why don’t you address the post I was replying to instead of talking about what an out the door ceo was saying

I’d be lying if I said I was pleased to read the reports on exit meetings, in fact I’ve just peeled myself from the ceiling Whilst there were some positives that could be found from a diabolical I can’t get away from this being the worst on record for the RFC
For mine 4+ wins is the pass mark for ooze, any less and it would again be in the record books as worst first 2 seasons in football history
I think I have some cred in making this call
I rated Dimma from the get go to r4 ‘23
Kingers as a great asst and senior coaching candidate
FJ as one of the greatest recruiters in league history
And mini would soon be a head coach

Good luck ooze I sincerely hope he makes some progress , if not give Morro a go
After the 4 depart there will be more info coming out, the worst part was both the senior players and the young players were questioning the “plan”

G'day. Would have posted this in the oppo thread but it's tagged (paradoxically) with a warning against that.

Tell me - should I be happy with McQualter?

Confessedly I wanted Skipworth, because he has a reputation for tactical IQ and my uninformed gut perception of Mini is an affable charismatic guy who the players will play for but who isn't the most analytical or anything. No idea if that's even fair.

What should I see as the plusses and minuses of his appointment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a cop out to waste a season on doing nothing. It's actually disgraceful if true bc it already has opened up poor habits and standards. That's culture killing and and basically ranking players above the coach. I'm not buying it one iota.
It’s not really a waste of a season as it positions us to harvest the spoils of the draft , I don’t reckon anyone else would have won too many more . But I want to see progress , we will have fresh talent on the list , free of divas that want to be fawned over and get the keys to the joint. It’s a big move trading out qty players so my expectations have gone up not down
Im
Not saying it’s wrong direction just that’s it’s a bold step so I’m watching closely

Okay so here's my worry about Yze.

Regardless of player loss and having a year to make the team his own....

He was part of the winning Melbourne grand final in 21 and him and Goodwin left James Jordan on the bench for the whole of the last quarter even when the game was well and truly won.... That tells me that he is an arse

After the 4 depart there will be more info coming out, the worst part was both the senior players and the young players were questioning the “plan”
At this point for me it’s a watch , it’s a massive transition from long term successful coach to novice and in many ways he’s a sitting duck , he’s much better placed to have a fresher than older squad so that will happen , but I want to see progress , that may be be sec half season , here’s hoping for more availability if not we’re fkd

It’s not really a waste of a season as it positions us to harvest the spoils of the draft , I don’t reckon anyone else would have won too many more . But I want to see progress , we will have fresh talent on the list , free of divas that want to be fawned over and get the keys to the joint. It’s a big move trading out qty players so my expectations have gone up not down
Im
Not saying it’s wrong direction just that’s it’s a bold step so I’m watching closely
In that sense i think we can all understand this, but have the poor standards and sulking of 24 had a long term affect on the remainder of the playing group? It's like at HS where kids would say you've got Yze for Maths and he's a bludge or we have Malthouse and he's a prick and gives us too much homework? Interesting times next season.

Okay so here's my worry about Yze.

Regardless of player loss and having a year to make the team his own....

He was part of the winning Melbourne grand final in 21 and him and Goodwin left James Jordan on the bench for the whole of the last quarter even when the game was well and truly won.... That tells me that he is an arse
That’s a pitiful contribution to the discussion, if you were astute you would have seen how he performed 2 days ago and confirmed they were bang on leaving that dud off the ground

In that sense i think we can all understand this, but have the poor standards and sulking of 24 had a long term affect on the remainder of the playing group? It's like at HS where kids would say you've got Yze for Maths and he's a bludge or we have Malthouse and he's a prick and gives us too much homework? Interesting times next season.
I don’t think so , of the senior players that were ordinary
Bolton, occasionally good but late was avg
Baker , worse as season went
Graham never got warm

They prob at pointy end of it others are getting toward clapped out stage or like say broad or nank or vlas played solid footy

Proof will be in the pudding TI. Would have been tough to walk in and change much imo, given the success we’d just come off. Next year and the year after will determine his fate. Need to show improvement, not necessarily wins as we will be so much younger and inexperienced, in game plan and development of the players/team.

agreed - but in my uneducated opinion, the rot set in earlier than Yze, he just let it keep going-
training standards had dropped amongst the older players Shed, Reiwoldt, Cotch, Grimes - no coincidence it started showing on the field pretty quickly.

He needs to stamp his authority on this team immediately otherwise it will get away from him very very quickly. He's had the years grace, write it off and move on hopefully with an influx of generational talent.

I dont like what ive seen or heard but prepared to give him a chance.

We're absolutely ****ed if we stuff this draft up though, no pressure Toce

I don’t think so , of the senior players that were ordinary
Bolton, occasionally good but late was avg
Baker , worse as season went
Graham never got warm

They prob at pointy end of it others are getting toward clapped out stage or like say broad or nank or vlas played solid footy
That's seeing it too simple Bo as in general a lot had their moments . Balta i thought was disappointing towards the end.

Proof will be in the pudding TI. Would have been tough to walk in and change much imo, given the success we’d just come off. Next year and the year after will determine his fate. Need to show improvement, not necessarily wins as we will be so much younger and inexperienced, in game plan and development of the players/team.
Agree as I don't think anyone could've imagined a disaster like this year, but as tony__montana said it's really the draft and i will add the trades that count this year. I hope Caracella can work with Yze and the assistants to get us back off the bumpy road and onto the tarmac. I'm very concerned still with where we are atm.

G'day. Would have posted this in the oppo thread but it's tagged (paradoxically) with a warning against that.

Tell me - should I be happy with McQualter?

Confessedly I wanted Skipworth, because he has a reputation for tactical IQ and my uninformed gut perception of Mini is an affable charismatic guy who the players will play for but who isn't the most analytical or anything. No idea if that's even fair.

What should I see as the plusses and minuses of his appointment?
Positives - he's been around success. He knows what it takes.

Negatives - for us he was a Harwick the 2nd. Didn't change anything, sticks with selecting the same old players (has his favourite's). Once he has his best 22 its hard to break into the side unless someone gets injured. Reluctant to take risks on game day and slow to make moves.

Ooze will lead this club back into contention.
Copped a rotten set of circumstances last year but persisted with getting games into kids and teaching them the sacrifice required. Loved his ultimatum to those senior players that were looking around. You're IN or you can **** off. And with the departures we gain an incredibly strong draft hand and the list is full of eager kids and senior guys that have decided to commit 100%.
On field leadership, off field improvements, everyone pulling in the one direction.
It's going to be fascinating to watch it unfold. Won't be linear improvement, for sure, so I hope supporters are mature enough to understand.

oh and btw, you might want to believe that crap from the exit interviews. One day the club might leak it's side of the story.
How many of these clowns will man up and accept that their own effort actually contributed to game plan breakdown? (for example).

On the departures, Bolton is obvious, Graham probably got sick of the abuse Castagna style, Rioli stuck at it, but the curious one is Baker. His output was a shadow of previous years. He'd checked out, knowing he was heading home. How the hell can a team function when a heart and soul player like him drops off? Especially when most of the other leaders were in the sick bay.
We saw what happened to Sydney on Sat when the intensity was below par.

Anyway. Ooze has all the attributes to be a great coach and judgement is still a season away. I reckon we'll see an exciting young Tiger side in 2025, with some fantastic wins but a few beltings also as they tire out. Bring it on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back