Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s a pitiful contribution to the discussion, if you were astute you would have seen how he performed 2 days ago and confirmed they were bang on leaving that dud off the ground
They were 60 points up with 10 minutes to go. What possible harm would it have done making the sub?

If he's a dud don't pick him as sub. Don't leave him on the bench when the game is in the bag ... Just a dog act.

I am starting to become more and more worried with the club as information and people speak. New CEO has come out and proudly said we are well run off the field No we are not. I am 100% certain if Gale had the discussions he said he had last year with O'Rouke with Peggy as President, Peggy would of started a soft search for his replacement earlier than announcement date. Also the new CEO thinks we are so well run off the field that we don't need a 10 year plan. The fact he said this as some badge of honour baffles me. Why be blind and proud.

Now as the players have seemingly ripped into Yze for being too close it has me worried. For subordinates to say that means that it is far worse than we thought. I have defended him when he stuck up for players in the media because I believed that he was probably harsher and more stern behind closed doors. Seems I was wrong to assume this so now it seems there is a rot that has taken hold.

It is time to send Yze to the Harvard courses we flew Dimma to constantly so he can get some academic learnings and hopefully take reigns.

Okay so here's my worry about Yze.

Regardless of player loss and having a year to make the team his own....

He was part of the winning Melbourne grand final in 21 and him and Goodwin left James Jordan on the bench for the whole of the last quarter even when the game was well and truly won.... That tells me that he is an arse
He was also part of the Melbourne Tanking culture

Anyone on here that thinks this is news is not clued in. Go and listen to Benny Gale who has said multiple times that Yze had sat back this year after a successful dynasty with premiership and generational players everywhere after a successful era. They fully expect Yze to take more responsibility and make this team his own next year. It would be pretty daunting to take the reins when the identity of the club is still looking in the rear vision mirror. Next year we expect improvement. The club wanted change and a new identity. Yze is a very capable coach. Senior Players who haven’t bought in and taken the easy out we say thanks for your service and we move forward. 👋
The question needs to be asked not on Yze , but why the hierarchy had the view Yze had to sit back pure stupidity utter bs ? If true it's ridiculous you tell a coach that. Explains why he was given dimma assistant coaches to, and Livingstone more hands on. Simple give the coach the keys to coach not hold him back. I found that comment by Gale puzzling it's like saying your in training wheels this year.

Last edited:

He was part of the winning Melbourne grand final in 21 and him and Goodwin left James Jordan on the bench for the whole of the last quarter even when the game was well and truly won.... That tells me that he is an arse
A lot of historical revisionism here. In 2021 the Sub was not a tactical sub but a medical sub. Yes it was abused constantly but you wouldn't want to risk a granny being the first club the AFL decides to come down on for it.

Also Vandermeer was also left as the sub.

Before we pile on Yze I have on good authority an observation that happened at training I think it was the week we played hawks.

A training watcher observed Yze tell the playing group to play a certain way and what was required and some of the senior group didn't and we're stopped and given a bake on one certain occasion. Then game day that week , the first quarter some of the players went away from what was required again and we're told to adjust as hawks blowed us away, and we we're back in the game in the second quarter.

Me personally I still maintain we had a few bad apples in the senior group pulling the opposite way. Not to say Yze needs to be harder , but anyone who's not on board needs to go.

Last edited:
They were 60 points up with 10 minutes to go. What possible harm would it have done making the sub?

If he's a dud don't pick him as sub. Don't leave him on the bench when the game is in the bag ... Just a dog act.
Oh well , drawing in the asst coach to that decision is a stretch , wgaf what’s transpired at Melb

Before we pile on Yze I have on good authority an observation that happened at training I think it was the week we played hawks.

A training watcher observed Yze tell the playing group to play a certain way and what was required and some of the senior group didn't and we're stopped and given a bake on one certain occasion. Then game day that week , the first quarter some of the players went away from what was required again and we're told to adjust, and we we're back in the game in the second quarter.

Me personally I still maintain we had a few bad apples in the senior group pulling the opposite way. Not to say Yze needs to be harder , but anyone who's not on board needs to go.
Possibly, I think it comes back to that awkward dynamic that followers long successful period under someone else you’re damned if you do or don’t . He ll get his way coz they’ll be fa left from dynasty years

Rubbish - When Hardwick came in were garbage but the players from the get-go were trying to play for him. I haven't seen any of that at Richmond this season with a much better squad of senior players. We also didn't have players lining up to leave. I only take solace in the fact that we could have one of the strongest draft hands in the history of the football club.

Lol lol lol much better squad Surely you jest we just won two games for the season. Yes injuries played apart but those better players that you mention are all older and many of our top end talent have retired. Whereas when Dimma took over We had the making of our dynasty team with young top end talent in Cotchin, reiwoldt, Edwards, Martin, Rance, and very good players in grimes, Astbury, Houli, Deledio, foley, Newman, tuck, Jackson etc

If players want to leave then cya we will cash in with a bounty of first round picks which will turbo charge our rebuild. .

A training watcher observed Yze tell the playing group to play a certain way and what was required and some of the senior group didn't and we're stopped and given a bake on one certain occasion. Then game day that week , the first quarter some of the players went away from what was required again and we're told to adjust, and we we're back in the game in the second quarter.

Which backs up what Vlaustin said at the start of the season. The senior players had pushed against Yze at the start of the season, due to them all only having been coached by Hardwick during there whole career & didn't want change.

I am sure Goodwin has the final call.

Which backs up what Vlaustin said at the start of the season. The senior players had pushed against Yze at the start of the season, due to them all only having been coached by Hardwick during there whole career & didn't want change.
Any players with that a view a cancer to the club. They don't run the club full stop. Mini was given a opportunity and let's be honest players still gave little at times to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am starting to become more and more worried with the club as information and people speak. New CEO has come out and proudly said we are well run off the field No we are not. I am 100% certain if Gale had the discussions he said he had last year with O'Rouke with Peggy as President, Peggy would of started a soft search for his replacement earlier than announcement date. Also the new CEO thinks we are so well run off the field that we don't need a 10 year plan. The fact he said this as some badge of honour baffles me. Why be blind and proud.

Now as the players have seemingly ripped into Yze for being too close it has me worried. For subordinates to say that means that it is far worse than we thought. I have defended him when he stuck up for players in the media because I believed that he was probably harsher and more stern behind closed doors. Seems I was wrong to assume this so now it seems there is a rot that has taken hold.

It is time to send Yze to the Harvard courses we flew Dimma to constantly so he can get some academic learnings and hopefully take reigns.

I'm not getting stuck into Yze, his year does have big question marks though, however with the senior players leaving like they have this offseason after Taranto asked these guys to stay together indicates to me they are in it for themselves. Their performances as leaders of the club werent up to scratch except perhaps Rioli, Rioli leaving is the only one im surprised by.

I think not having Lynch in the team for the past 2 years hasnt helped either, some of our senior players have obviously ridden on the coat tails of Lynch, Cotch, Reiwoldt and grimes the past few years and now they were no longer able to lead on the field these group who we wanted to become leaders werent buying in.

It's disappointing all round, Yze has probably upset a few with a few words on changes and looking at the future and some players who were more highly regarded under Hardwick have not bought what he was selling. It's going to be tough for Yze now, most coaches dont survive a rebuild.

Last edited:
If the article is true it hardly fills me with confidence.
He'll take charge in 2025 will he? WTF was me doing this year. He sounds like a peanut and won't last.
I have a slightly different view and I'm no Yze fan either but if I was Yze, I'd now be crystal clear on what I have to do and the changes I need to make. Direct and honest feedback, usually leads to immediate change especially in positions of significant power. I fully expect Yze to be a much better coach next year, 2 fold. We might not get the results but we should see improvement.

But.... If he doesn't change then you're right, he's toast

All good mate! What didn't you agree with or what's your take?
Grechy summed up that we basically played for DH from the start and we actually improved as the season progressed. We even beat the Swans ;) . Unlike our 24 team where we had 17 senior players and 15 of them Premiership players. Whereas the DH 2010 TEAM was riddled with an average ability and low number of senior players with a handful of young guns , topped up with lots of C graders of mixed ages. We actually were very excited after 2010 and i think Yze's list hasn't botommed out yet and he may or may not get the time to get the team to the 2010 level as results may not improve quick enough. I hope i'm wrong, but my concerns are the midfield and Tall forwards as we need some to just step up very young to be competitive.

Last edited:
I say lay off Yze.

Few players that were given premiership medals from our veterans are a little sad they can’t get their own way so they wanna pack up the bags and leave the club that blessed their lives….

So be it. Yze is our guy now, so let’s start backing him in.

Imagine the pressure the guy is under, he came into the club and tried to be respectful as possible to the past. The team had already been set in their ways having been coached under a structure for so many years.

He backed in Bolton and always praised him in the media. Baker too. Even allowed Graham a walk up start after putrid performances. Now they wanna leave and we are blaming Yze?

Bolton had good leaders around him early days. now that he is considered a leader himself, he is a culture killer. Imagine young kids coming in and seeing how easy Bolton gets to play footy.
Even Taranto has put the club on his back more than Bolton ever did. (Should have played him back pocket for the last few games of the year, earn those $$ like a Vlastuin)

Let's judge Yze on his 2nd year. Way too much has gone on that he couldn’t control and some of it will be a blessing in disguise…

Dimma, Bolton shat on us.

Baker and Graham got good deals, both considered moving when Dimma was coach.

let’s not be like the Port supporters. Give Yze a chance.

Grechy summed up that we basically played for DH from the start and we actually improved as the season progressed. We even beat the Swans ;) . Unlike our 24 team where we had 17 senior players and 15 of them Premiership players. Whereas the DH 2010 TEAM was riddled with an average ability and low number of senior players with a handful of young guns , topped up with lots of C graders of mixed ages. We actually were very excited after 2010 and i think Yze's list hasn't botommed out yet and he may or may not get the time to get the team to the 2010 level as resultsmay not improve quick enough. I hope i'm wrong, but my concerns are the midfield and Tall forwards as we need some to just step up very young to be competitive.

I think mainly the midfield and key forwards are everyone's concerns that we know and this draft is a midfielders Paradise!

Who knows maybe after our dynasty some of these players felt entitled
Can't make judgements in his first year, gotta give him a chance.

When mini took over from Dimma we had some early wins but as the season went on we got smacked in games and felt like the players weren't playing for him.

Of all the stuff rumoured and said the only guy really worth listening to is Gale. If you read between the lines it’s pretty obvious Yze wasn’t assertive enough this year and Gale himself was disappointed by that.. Any player can smell that from a mile away but especially premiership winning veterans. And so you see the drop off.

I am behind him and think we can rebound if we can get things right - but he needs to whip things into action quick smart.

While it's not great reading I can't understand the desire for people to just blame Yze for all that has gone wrong. There were circumstances beyond his control for somethings and others are clearly on him with his constant chopping and changing of the line up and game plan. That doesn't excuse some of the players who have seemingly not brought in for varying reasons, whether it was because they weren't being played in the roles/positions they wanted to be played or weren't given the opportunities they believed they were deserving of, they're professional athletes and shouldn't be sulking and for lack of a better word sabotaging their teams chances by doing their own thing within games.

As for Yze, he is going to have to become more ruthless in his approach to team discipline and it's not just about things like selection, but also having the players become more disciplined on the field. Too many times we'd shoot ourselves in the foot by giving away undisciplined free kicks through frustration or poor technique. He is also going to need to become more committed, himself, to what he wants in regards to the structure and roles that players play. No more chopping and changing from week to week. He needs to lock in the structure and foundation of his ideal line up from now.

What I mean by that he has his senior core that should be locked in to the roles that Yze wants them to play, then over the course of the preseason he can fill in the supporting cast with those players whose performances over preseason warrant being selected in the best 23 heading into the season. Along the way he needs to let players know the roles that he wants them to play and then stick to them through 2025 where possible. Obviously if we have a year from hell injury wise again we may need to make changes, but that's unlikely to happen, so we should hopefully see a more settled line up in 2025, which should make it easier for the players to buy in and get on board.

If not then the club is going to have a big call to make in 12 months time, but we'll get to that if things aren't going the way we'd all like them to go next year.

agreed - but in my uneducated opinion, the rot set in earlier than Yze, he just let it keep going-
training standards had dropped amongst the older players Shed, Reiwoldt, Cotch, Grimes - no coincidence it started showing on the field pretty quickly.

He needs to stamp his authority on this team immediately otherwise it will get away from him very very quickly. He's had the years grace, write it off and move on hopefully with an influx of generational talent.

I dont like what ive seen or heard but prepared to give him a chance.

We're absolutely ****ed if we stuff this draft up though, no pressure Toce
So what we go do hire shit Kildas recruiting guy 😂

Gonna be a wasted 3 years , ummm yeah ummm ummmmm , ummm yeah played good , kick it the boundary every 2 mins ummm yeah ummmm
nah no way 3 years collecting picks for griggs is a waste

thank you yze and we move on

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back