Welcome To Richmond Ben Darrou

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 25: Ben Darrou (Sandringham Dragons)
DOB: 25/11/1993
Height: 190cm
Weight: 97kg

Jackson says: "He's a really strong-bodied defender - one of those position types that seems to succeed off the rookie draft. We went though all of his vision and found him to be really strong defensively and very brave. He's got good composure when he's got the footy and he's also a really efficient kick."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/127102/default.aspx

Looks like Mr cool in defence :cool:

very happy we picked this kid, i wanted him, i like his style, and how he kicks off one step, he's got that midas touch about him, he may be an awkward height, he can still grow but i wouldn't worry about that very much, he's very much like gwit, personally i think he will make it, i seriously think he wasn't picked in the ND because of his height

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember seeing his video a couple of months back and liking it. How come players such as Darrou, Wright, Verrier, O'hanlon didn't get taken in a supposedly weak draft?

I remember seeing his video a couple of months back and liking it. How come players such as Darrou, Wright, Verrier, O'hanlon didn't get taken in a supposedly weak draft?

Felt the same way about Hicks and Contin...why do teams overlook these champions in the making in the main draft...go figure!

I guess this time next year we will find out...for me all fingers are crossed;)

Felt the same way about Hicks and Contin...why do teams overlook these champions in the making in the main draft...go figure!

I guess this time next year we will find out...for me all fingers are crossed;)

I've never been half as excited by our rookies like this before. Hicks was a jockey and Contin didn't have any real weapon. There's alot more to like about our latest rookies

I've never been half as excited by our rookies like this before. Hicks was a jockey and Contin didn't have any real weapon. There's alot more to like about our latest rookies

I agree. In the past Rookie selection a(t Richmond at least) seemed to be nothing more than an after thought...... even though players like Grimes and Foley came through this system, but this may just have been out of luck rather than planning. Even though it's unlikely that most will make the grade, they look to have a lot more potential than those from previous years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome To Richmond Ben Darrou

Remove this Banner Ad

Back