Player Watch Welcome to Richmond Maverick Weller

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if he dropped it, he would have been able to keep it in front and kick the goal or get a free for being held. If he beat the 2 pies players he'd be a hero, but he towelled himself up and Maverick looked the real Goose....

Spectating the ball like that is what scared kids and fat old blokes trying to get an easy kick do

Yeah, if I was the coach I would be concerned why he didn't go for it.

Thats the difference between making it or not. Players have to believe, they have to believe they can improve.

Sure they can get second chances and maybe he thought he could not get there but winners raise the bar and go for it and dare to achieve. That type of baulking at opportunities can only be accepted for so long. If Mav gets that out of his system he could improve again hopefully but he has to believe. Mans gotta know you limitiations but players cannot play shy and very within themselves to the point they lose competitiveness due to a lack of aggression. Even if he gets it on the half volley you gotta force the issue in that circumstance and put pressure on the opposition owning your opportunity

I wrote off CEllis last year and so did the club whilst you totally ruined the thread with stupidity as your were unable to see his limitations. There is a point of supporting the club and players as well as making conversations on improvement and deficiencies on players. Now you couldn’t see these on CEllis and continued to harp on about nothing and ruin the thread. All you demonstrated was your lack of knowledge in football matters and the reality was you were just behaving like a dirty troll. You’ve now jumped on here to have another crack with no supporting matter except that you support the player bc he’s a Richmond player. lol that’s about the simplicity of it and as usual containing no substance.
I’m not sure there is a written law that no matter how shithouse a RFC player maybe you can’t have a discussion about them? Or do you own the internet and your view is only important, no matter how well researched it may be.
As I said IF you are uneducated that you can’t follow posts then don’t waste my time . He will steal games of any other player that is playing VFL if he’s selected to play AFL. Pretty bloody simple. Now I’m pissing off from this thread and will most likely return if anything unforeseen happens to occur.
Where is RT the guy who Trolled the Corey Ellis thread and started to troll this one? Sometimes advice from your enemies can be more constructive than your own.

Which is the whole list then. This was my argument when we got him , yet I was yelled down.
How can the worst player on the list be getting a game if we don’t have the number of injuries reducing our list to 22?
Mind boggling.

mind boggling indeed. it’s not like we have a 22 full of kids and need some hardened bodies out there with a bit of experience. there’s usually near on 18 premiership players out there with a very experienced core. this campaigner is playing on a flank where we could drop in any number of young players from the 2s. that’s how you keep regenerating a list and keep the window open. that’s how you fast track your kids’ development. it has to be done while you have experienced, successful senior players or you are in a world of pain. we’ve been there so many times in the last 40 years.

in two years we’ve basically added higgins and that’s it. mav weller is not tom lynch. he’s a list clogger of the highest order. and blokes like butler, castagna, ellis that have completely stagnated need to be rolled over regularly. we have some very talented juniors that will wither along with everything we have built if the match committee remain this blinkered.

we all know how stubborn and conservative dimma is, but fk me, someone needs to drop a word in his ear. id be interested in seeing how many debutants the top 8 teams have blooded over the last two years.

anyway we will see if he plays this week, but im concerned with the overall thought process that allowed this dud to even be on the list in the first place. jobs for the boys with his midfield coach coming over from St Kilda? there’s no good answer why he’s here. it’s flat out bad list management

mind boggling indeed. it’s not like we have a 22 full of kids and need some hardened bodies out there with a bit of experience. there’s usually near on 18 premiership players out there with a very experienced core. this campaigner is playing on a flank where we could drop in any number of young players from the 2s. that’s how you keep regenerating a list and keep the window open. that’s how you fast track your kids’ development. it has to be done while you have experienced, successful senior players or you are in a world of pain. we’ve been there so many times in the last 40 years.

in two years we’ve basically added higgins and that’s it. mav weller is not tom lynch. he’s a list clogger of the highest order. and blokes like butler, castagna, ellis that have completely stagnated need to be rolled over regularly. we have some very talented juniors that will wither along with everything we have built if the match committee remain this blinkered.

we all know how stubborn and conservative dimma is, but fk me, someone needs to drop a word in his ear. id be interested in seeing how many debutants the top 8 teams have blooded over the last two years.

anyway we will see if he plays this week, but im concerned with the overall thought process that allowed this dud to even be on the list in the first place. jobs for the boys with his midfield coach coming over from St Kilda? there’s no good answer why he’s here. it’s flat out bad list management
POTY right there PTB.

If a player with limited skills such as him shows signs of an unwillingness to go 100% at every contest - then what exactly is he doing in the side.
Average footballer at best. Put him in VFL glass and break only in case of emergency.

Reckon the coaches will give him another game which ain't good.
If that's the case then do something we rarely do and have him tag Coniglio.

i knew we would need a whipping boy and this turnip is it

wasted two games on this bloke instead of bolton or baker

fk we have a premiership half fwd in towner that they have played this shit truck over

what a waste
Weller is filling the role that Caddy would be playing, a role which neither Baker or Bolton are anywhere near capable of playing, Towner was no chance of playing early in the season either given he was coming off an injury.

Make no mistake as soon as Caddy is back playing Weller will revert back to being the depth VFL player he was recruited for.

[QUOTE="_RT_, post: 60078223, member: 30990"]Weller is filling the role that Caddy would be playing, a role which neither Baker or Bolton are anywhere near capable of playing, Towner was no chance of playing early in the season either given he was coming off an injury.

Make no mistake as soon as Caddy is back playing Weller will revert back to being the depth VFL player he was recruited for.[/QUOTE]

Moore or Balta should be the players 'Filling' in that role as Caddy plays as the 3rd tall and not a small which is what Weller plays

Weller is filling the role that Caddy would be playing, a role which neither Baker or Bolton are anywhere near capable of playing, Towner was no chance of playing early in the season either given he was coming off an injury.

Make no mistake as soon as Caddy is back playing Weller will revert back to being the depth VFL player he was recruited for.

he is so far below caddy it’s not funny. he’s a list clogger. his games should be going to someone with a future, ready or not. he should not be on the list. the end.

What is the Caddy role when Lynch and Balta (and Jack) were playing round 1?

Bolton could have easily played instead of Weller. He isnt identical but has far more upside.

Its ok having Weller adding some grunt to the VFL side but playing before decent young AFL standard prospects is a bit embarrassing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moore or Balta should be the players 'Filling' in that role as Caddy plays as the 3rd tall and not a small which is what Weller plays
Caddys role this year is to play midfield and rotate forward. Balta was picked as a second ruck. Moore can't play midfield.
he is so far below caddy it’s not funny. he’s a list clogger. his games should be going to someone with a future, ready or not. he should not be on the list. the end.
Not sure where I said he was as good as Caddy, but anyways, you don't play kids that aren't ready we've done that in the past and kids have failed to come good.
What is the Caddy role when Lynch and Balta (and Jack) were playing round 1?

Bolton could have easily played instead of Weller. He isnt identical but has far more upside.

Its ok having Weller adding some grunt to the VFL side but playing before decent young AFL standard prospects is a bit embarrassing
As I said above the Caddy role is midfield and rotate forward. I'd have liked Bolton to play but he didn't do enough to warrant selection in the JLT so was never a chance for early season games. Hopefully he comes good.

As I've said before I don't expect Weller to play a heap of games but I understand why he is playing at the moment. Hopefully Caddy is back sooner rather than later.

you’re on bad drugs
Why?

It is because I don't think Weller is any more than a temporary replacement for Caddy.

Or

Is it because I don't think playing kids when they're not ready is good idea.

Why?

It is because I don't think Weller is any more than a temporary replacement for Caddy.

Or

Is it because I don't think playing kids when they're not ready is good idea.

jesus christ kids that aren’t ready? he’s playing half fwd flank, any of bolton markov menadue baker moore can play that role and all of them have played senior footy already. all of them we need to see more of at the top level. not to mention the multiple other senior options we can run through that position while debuting a fresh face on the bench. this bloke should not be on the list full stop. he’s a list clogger and he’s doing exactly that. get yr head around it ffs

[QUOTE="_RT_, post: 60078223, member: 30990"]Weller is filling the role that Caddy would be playing, a role which neither Baker or Bolton are anywhere near capable of playing, Towner was no chance of playing early in the season either given he was coming off an injury.

Moore or Balta should be the players 'Filling' in that role as Caddy plays as the 3rd tall and not a small which is what Weller plays[/QUOTE]
Exactly as we’re too small. Weller is a hack small forward and we had half a dozen trotting around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Richmond Maverick Weller

Remove this Banner Ad

Back