Player Watch #23 Judson Clarke

Remove this Banner Ad

Edwards’ hands were always an elite but his disposal by foot was never elite early days. I remember in his early days kicking 30m wormburners that got all of 30cm off the ground multiple times a game.
I distinctly remember Edwards in his first few games hitting every single target that he went for. I guess inconsistency will play a part with young players but if you go back and watch his early games you'll see there was a lot of elite traits there

Very good game from Juddy today

Just 19 years old and 12 games
Can’t wait for another two or three pre seasons when he is able to put on a few more kg’s along with some match experience

Such a great kick and does a **** ton of off the ball running

Can’t wait for another two or three pre seasons when he is able to put on a few more kg’s along with some match experience

Such a great kick and does a * ton of off the ball running
Kane Lambert is going to be a fantastic teacher for Clarke , Campbell & Coulthard

Kane Lambert is going to be a fantastic teacher for Clarke , Campbell & Coulthard
Don’t forget Green
Had a great game back in the vfl earlier today as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarke, Sonsie and Banks must be played to get them to 50 games. Surely Graham, Mansell and Ralphsmith are due to be sent back soon?

Would love to see those three play more but not sure why they deserve to get better treatment than Mansell and Ralphsmith who have played 26 and 28 games respectively.

Would love to see those three play more but not sure why they deserve to get better treatment than Mansell and Ralphsmith who have played 26 and 28 games respectively.

Because in their 26 and 28 games thus far both have shown SFA. Wouldn't take much for the 3 mentioned to leapfrog them. Wouldn't call it better treatment. More like opportunity. Underperforming players should get demoted, but that's been lost at Punt Rd as Premiership players never are.

Because in their 26 and 28 games thus far both have shown SFA. Wouldn't take much for the 3 mentioned to leapfrog them. Wouldn't call it better treatment. More like opportunity. Underperforming players should get demoted, but that's been lost at Punt Rd as Premiership players never are.

Well I’d push back pretty strenuously on the Hugo not showing much but that isn’t the point.

If Banks, Clarke or Sonsie in their first 26 or 28 games are underperforming, should they make way for the next group of players?

That’s what I mean by special treatment. You are suggesting one patch of young players to get to 50 games and not another, seemingly on the basis that one group we won’t be able to tell how talented they are until they play 50 games but the other group we will be able to tell in half the time.

kid has delivered with key goals now in 3 or 4 close "big feeling" moments. He should be named for the rest of the year, just ride games into him now
Absolutely in the same boat
I’ve been on the Juddy train for a while

He just has “it” imo
Classy skills and the ability to impact in moments

Like all players and especially young ones not every decision will be perfect and he’s going to have some down games but at this point the juice is worth the squeeze in terms of getting afl match experience into him

I really trust him with the footy, which is something I can't say about too many of our players at the moment.

Meatball I trust, Grimes, DRioli, usually Dusty, Shai (when it's not kicking for goals), Broady and maybe one or two others at most.

We have so many blokes at present that I'm finding really difficult to trust that the next possession will be a Tiger one. Clarke seems to have what it takes though. Made up for his mistake with about 10 seconds to go in the 3rd quarter with a follow up tackle that killed the ball on the siren.

Why don't all players attack the footy always as if they've just made a bad mistake?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back