Welcome Welcome to Richmond pick 40 Kane McAuliffe

Remove this Banner Ad

Come back on and finished the game so that's a positive sign you would think.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Oh that's a good sign, I didn't see that. Hopefully sending him back on hasn't made it any worse, though

How’d he look for the 7 seconds of footy he got beforehand?

Are we not *in cursed or what atm.
Looked decent

Won a free kick for his first possie (got taken high) but got around the ball a few more times

A couple of massive kicks inside 50 (they got picked off by Saints defenders) but that was neither here nor there

Main thing he was getting his hands on it and felt he didn’t look below the level

By my calculations if he had played the whole game he would have at 74 possessions.
That's also taking into account running out of steam in the 4th. Once he's got a tank built, should be closer to the 90s

Looked decent

Won a free kick for his first possie (got taken high) but got around the ball a few more times

A couple of massive kicks inside 50 (they got picked off by Saints defenders) but that was neither here nor there

Main thing he was getting his hands on it and felt he didn’t look below the level
Build wise looks a spitting image of a young Dusty.

The touches which he did have were sublime.

We have a real real potential gun here.

Robert Harvey vibes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ashamedly I haven't been able to watch any of the VFL games this year so going into yesterday I only had my BigFooty bretheren's knowledge of him.

Even though he has been pumped up a ton, from what little we saw of him I reckon he backed up the hype. Clearly has great kicking skills and good penetration on his kicks (take note, J.Short).

The other thing that impressed me was his aggression. First centre bounce he gets his head taken off because he was first to the footy, and then a little later I saw him put Battle (?) on his backside with a nice bump too.

Surely, SURELY we just have to keep playing him, only to give him a rest if he needs it if he ever hits the wall which can happen to first year players.

Again, such a small sample size but he really impressed me.

It was a good weekend to give him a taste with the VFL having a bye.
I wonder if he would of played if they didnt have the bye.
I'm not against sending him back the the 2s now and giving him a solid run of 7-8 games at one level.

there is no need to rush him and we have players playing ok in his position.

there is no need to rush him and we have players playing ok in his position.
I'm not sure if we do though? Without Prestia and Hopper I think we actually do need someone like him in the side at least until one of them comes back. Good opportunity for him if we give him the next 3 full games to show his wares IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back