Toast Welcome to St Kilda Jackson Macrae

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad to see him go, but it's best for both parties. I actually don't think he is past his best at all, to be honest. He just didn't match the style we wanted to go with. I feel like the real catalyst for the role change and reduced midfield time for him was the review after the 2022 season, when we implemented a new game plan which saw Adam Treloar essentially play the midfield role from 2023 onwards as he had the pace. In the 2022 season he still averaged: 31 disposals, 4 clearances and 5 inside 50s per game.

Then this year, the 3 VFL games he was played in his best position, he averaged (yes, different level and intensity): 42 disposals (at 80% efficiency), 14 clearances and 6 tackles. I don't know your club and it's players well enough to make stupid statements like him winning a best and fairest or what ever, but I feel like injury permitting (another + is that he just doesn't get injured), he will finish in your top 10.

Thanks to all the good natured posts from WB supporters.

The positive for them is the salary cap relief we (and Geelong) provide just prior to the Tasmanian draft compromises allowing you to target one or two trades at an important phase in the AFL.

Contrast that with Hawthorn's draft hauls this year and next year before the compromised drafts.

Great Job Reaction GIF

Dogs supporters. Fair go.

I'll never have a bad word to say about the Dogs fans, because I'll never forget when they were rattling tins on the streets for our Save Our Saints campaign. I think that big fella from their cheersquad was out and about. Not sure any other club's fans have done something like that for another. This was around when Fitzroy were going under and we were close to being eaten up by Carlton.

He's still got a lot to offer and will be a very handy player for you. Hopefully Ross has a role in mind for him that will rejuvenate his career. I don't think he has declined significantly, I just don't think he suited the gameplan Bevo was trying to implement.
I know so little about this time except that Carlton were apparently cheering on our demise.

Have their been any docos on it?

I watched one on kayo about the Brisbane merger and how close hawks/dee's came to merging. Would be very interested to learn more about that time.

Very happy with the acquisition of Mukraié. He walks into the club and is instantly a starting onballer. With a good pre season and a shot of confidence he could even be our best mid if Steele doesn't regain his top form, though I suspect Maykrea will help elevate Steele if anything.

He's going to be our best mid instantly. To get a 3x AA player for a late pick is really lucky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad to see him go, but it's best for both parties. I actually don't think he is past his best at all, to be honest. He just didn't match the style we wanted to go with. I feel like the real catalyst for the role change and reduced midfield time for him was the review after the 2022 season, when we implemented a new game plan which saw Adam Treloar essentially play the midfield role from 2023 onwards as he had the pace. In the 2022 season he still averaged: 31 disposals, 4 clearances and 5 inside 50s per game.

Then this year, the 3 VFL games he was played in his best position, he averaged (yes, different level and intensity): 42 disposals (at 80% efficiency), 14 clearances and 6 tackles. I don't know your club and it's players well enough to make stupid statements like him winning a best and fairest or what ever, but I feel like injury permitting (another + is that he just doesn't get injured), he will finish in your top 10.

Ed Richards and Sanders need time on ball too. You can see why he's pushed out, he's really a one position mid, you guys are flushed with choice and something has to give. He'll be perfect for the Saints. He'll have FA competition.

Ed Richards and Sanders need time on ball too. You can see why he's pushed out, he's really a one position mid, you guys are flushed with choice and something has to give. He'll be perfect for the Saints. He'll have FA competition.
Yeah he’s definitely the accumulator. I had an Essendon supporting mate (gross, I know) tell me he doesn’t hurt you with his disposal.

You should’ve seen his face when I showed him that Macrae actually averaged more score involvements per disposal in 2024 than Merrett.

Does this have a vibe reminiscent of more recent ex- Carlton recruits, and our #14 and #15?

He has become a fringe player at the Bulldogs as the other two were at Carlton?

And their supporters have come on here to wish us all the best.??

Im worried if he’ll be dangerous ..and also wondering if we’ll give Seb Ross a call for the Supplementary list along with Rhce Stanley.

Does this have a vibe reminiscent of more recent ex- Carlton recruits, and our #14 and #15?

He has become a fringe player at the Bulldogs as the other two were at Carlton?

And their supporters have come on here to wish us all the best.??

Im worried if he’ll be dangerous ..and also wondering if we’ll give Seb Ross a call for the Supplementary list along with Rhce Stanley.

David Rose Comedy GIF by Schitt's Creek

Good luck to Jack with his new club the Saints, he's still got a bit left in the tank. Will always be remembered as a Bullgod that kicked us into a GF!

Wont be booing him, will cheer him playing for you guys.

Yeah he’s definitely the accumulator. I had an Essendon supporting mate (gross, I know) tell me he doesn’t hurt you with his disposal.

You should’ve seen his face when I showed him that Macrae actually averaged more score involvements per disposal in 2024 than Merrett.

People always bag high accumulators but you'd rather have some than none. We are a really bare bones midfield and need an extractor to get the ball to the outside. I think he's the perfect addition at the Saints. He's way to good to play out of position and we need exactly that type of player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to St Kilda Jackson Macrae

Remove this Banner Ad

Back