Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - LANCE COLLARD!

Remove this Banner Ad

apparantly he said it to a few of the willy players

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nephew said he heard nothing although he played on him for much of the match.
Nothing mentioned in the rooms afterwards to him anyway. Doesn't mean something wasn't said, just not to my nephew and maybe the ones he allegedly said something to wanted to keep it private.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Does anyone really consider c**ks**ker a homophobic slur??
Do gay people???
I’ve never thought of it in that way but then again I never use it, it’s more of an American thing.
Maybe Lance feels the same way?
Maybe I need sensitivity training??

Some 19yr old footy player from nowheresville called a few oppo players a word that 80% of the people criticising probably used liberally growing up and apparently it's crime of the century.

I get why we need to stamp it out, so don't bother with the lecture, but spare us the faux outrage.

Some 19yr old footy player from nowheresville called a few oppo players a word that 80% of the people criticising probably used liberally growing up and apparently it's crime of the century.

I get why we need to stamp it out, so don't bother with the lecture, but spare us the faux outrage.

Yeah tend to agree, though I don’t think there’s much outrage on here at least. Give him his whack, help him realise how he ****ed up and make it clear that he needs to avoid that in future. Then move on.

Why do Aboriginals always get a free pass? The ABC will always report someone is Aboriginal for a good news story but no mention when they are homophobic. Same for Muslims, minorities get a free pass to be homophobic and their culture is never blamed, when often it's part of it. I don't really care personally I'm a straight white male but I don't give a shit about someone's background when it comes to punishment. Same rule for everyone.
What a fine representation of the fremantle football club you are.

Agree. Young indigenous kid already struggling in the big smoke.

A few here seem quick to want to throw him under the bus.

At this stage it’s an investigation into an alleged remark.

Maybe he said nothing. Maybe he said something in his shy voice that was misunderstood. And even if he did say something, how bad was it? People may say that doesn’t matter but perhaps he called someone a fairy and they got upset. There are certainly degrees of hate that constitute hate speech.

Let’s perhaps wait and see how things play out before his club’s own supporters start judging a first year player.
Big smoke? Wtf are you on about. He's from Balga of all places.

Dude lives closer to the CBD than most who get drafted.

Big smoke? Wtf are you on about. He's from Balga of all places.

Dude lives closer to the CBD than most who get drafted.

Well regardless of whether this Balga place is a suburb of Perth or not, he is a young indigenous boy who had his family in tears when he was drafted to play in Melbourne. A city about to become the biggest in the nation.

And for someone like Lance Melbourne would be the ‘Big Smoke’.

That’s WTF I’m on about.

The way people carry on actually borders on hilarious.

What a world we live in.

Well regardless of whether this Balga place is a suburb of Perth or not, he is a young indigenous boy who had his family in tears when he was drafted to play in Melbourne. A city about to become the biggest in the nation.

And for someone like Lance Melbourne would be the ‘Big Smoke’.

That’s WTF I’m on about.
Its Melbourne. Get a grip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So he went to Girrawheen Senior High School, 15km from Perth.

Played junior footy at North Beach and colts at Subi.

The way some people make excuses because of his race, as though he was brought up uneducated in a tent in the middle of nowhere, is disgusting.

I don't know what was said, but don't believe his race has a great deal to do with him stuffing up big time.

Does anyone really consider c**ks**ker a homophobic slur??
Do gay people???
I’ve never thought of it in that way but then again I never use it, it’s more of an American thing.
Maybe Lance feels the same way?
Maybe I need sensitivity training??
I tend to agree with this but I'm sure the sensitive ones who look after our moral welfare these days will see it differently.
To me it's just an insult. I doubt anyone would know the sexual persuasion of someone they're saying it to. Obviously if it was said to a gay person they would take umbrage with it.

It's a bit like the everyday usage by Americans of motherf***er. I'm sure they're not inferring their targets are all doing it with their mum's. Just an insult.

I saw the AFLs Insta post with the words Breaking News on it and a pic of Lance, and was immediately worried he’d asked for a trade already.

Turns out he just said a naughty word or two and will cop a ban for it. Eh.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The way people carry on actually borders on hilarious.

What a world we live in.
I remember, back in the “olden days”, when using the F word was an absolute shocker.
These days it’s a f…g adjective in common usage.
( Yeah, I know I’m dating myself 🤣)

So he went to Girrawheen Senior High School, 15km from Perth.

Played junior footy at North Beach and colts at Subi.

The way some people make excuses because of his race, as though he was brought up uneducated in a tent in the middle of nowhere, is disgusting.

I don't know what was said, but don't believe his race has a great deal to do with him stuffing up big time.

Got nothing to do with his race. I mean there's places 15km from Melbourne where you'd hear this word uttered daily on footy fields, in playgrounds at school, in pubs and so on.

We are literally in the moment of change right now, this last 5 years, let's not pretend we are all ants or Borg or some automatic society of group think where someone decides a change should be made and we all automatically erase the behavioural patterns we grew up with and install new ones.

When Lance got drafted, someone posted a photo of his family. Take a look at the other fella in that photo. I'm a judgemental bloke, but that photo told me a fair bit about Lance and his upbringing. I don't know about Girrawheen High School, they could have an outstanding inclusivity awareness program, but it's just school, not real life.

Anyway, Lance is on a learning curve and I hope his family don't use this as a way of convincing him to return to the familiarity of home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - LANCE COLLARD!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back