Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - LANCE COLLARD!

Remove this Banner Ad

Its Melbourne. Get a grip.

Oh yeah?
Haven’t seen YOU moving here…
😉🤣
a9IFUSg.gif

I remember, back in the “olden days”, when using the F word was an absolute shocker.
These days it’s a f…g adjective in common usage.
( Yeah, I know I’m dating myself )
You mean the other, original F word?

Funnily enough, you hear that word now and then in modern music played on radios everywhere here; Doctor surgeries, school fêtes, supermarkets, family entertainment TV shows. It always gets a double take from me, but the Frenchies don't notice, or care.

I tend to agree with this but I'm sure the sensitive ones who look after our moral welfare these days will see it differently.
To me it's just an insult. I doubt anyone would know the sexual persuasion of someone they're saying it to. Obviously if it was said to a gay person they would take umbrage with it.

It's a bit like the everyday usage by Americans of motherf***er. I'm sure they're not inferring their targets are all doing it with their mum's. Just an insult.

And Bastards have dads. And Bitches are not female dogs.

I'm genuinely interested if anyone knows the answer to this
Maybe they need a list of examples with corresponding penalties. I wonder what happens when you call an opponent an "umpire"? I'm also curious as to whether those who were targeted were actually offended, or is it a just a gotcha moment?
Either way, if he's done it, he's a silly boy and will cop a whack.

Maybe they need a list of examples with corresponding penalties. I wonder what happens when you call an opponent an "umpire"? I'm also curious as to whether those who were targeted were actually offended, or is it a just a gotcha moment?
Either way, if he's done it, he's a silly boy and will cop a whack.

Yeah he'll cop a whack... but 6 weeks or so?

I'd just like stuff to make sense and be consistent.

Is ret*rd ok? That's offensive to an entire group of people. How many weeks for that?

Can you insult someone's gran?

I too am curious as to whether the person copping the insult was offended, and if the AFL think that matters.

The word used (multiple times) was the F word that rhymes with maggot. Always will be a homophobic slur and he deserves a suspension. If that sends him home, so be it. AFL have been strong on this (OK, they have since Clarko) and should continue to be so

FFS it was Pride Game day

Sorry to play devils advocate (well actually I'm not) but there's a definite "we have to look for excuses cos hes one of ours" vibe going on in this thread now.

I hope he's thoroughly educated on the hurt his words can have

Nearly had a heart attack when I read that!

It's like when you read the Onion, they make political jokes and it could be straight out of a newspaper. Satire has been usurped by insanity. You can totally see the AFL throwing some totally over the top sentence or letting him off with education and anything in-between.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing that I’d like to know is if he’s said it to multiple players, surely some of his team mates heard it and should’ve shown some leadership.

Regardless I reckon Ross will handle this in typical fashion

The word used (multiple times) was the F word that rhymes with maggot. Always will be a homophobic slur and he deserves a suspension. If that sends him home, so be it. AFL have been strong on this (OK, they have since Clarko) and should continue to be so

Sorry to play devils advocate (well actually I'm not) but there's a definite "we have to look for excuses cos hes one of ours" vibe going on in this thread now.

I reckon throwing weeks at players who make any slur is regressive. The media trial, the obvious absence etc. 50% of the people will rile and not understand the punishment.

It would be far better to take players aside and put them into a program away from media. Get someone like Jason Ball into talk about their experiences and why it matters. If it repeats then make it punitive. Punishment is meant to be a deterrent but doesn't seem to work.

If Lance got to know a guy like Jason Ball he's going to know a person that he hopefully respects and doesn't want to hurt. That's a much better system.

One thing that I’d like to know is if he’s said it to multiple players, surely some of his team mates heard it and should’ve shown some leadership.

Regardless I reckon Ross will handle this in typical fashion
It's not like he's running around hitting blokes and you can put in him a bear hug.
Do you want them to put their hand over his mouth or run round putting their fingers in the opposition players' ears?

I tend to agree with this but I'm sure the sensitive ones who look after our moral welfare these days will see it differently.
To me it's just an insult. I doubt anyone would know the sexual persuasion of someone they're saying it to. Obviously if it was said to a gay person they would take umbrage with it.

It's a bit like the everyday usage by Americans of motherf***er. I'm sure they're not inferring their targets are all doing it with their mum's. Just an insult.
People taking offense to crap said on the field is a joke.

Toughen up - I have been called far worse - but who cares

People taking offense to crap said on the field is a joke.

Toughen up - I have been called far worse - but who cares
Nicky Winmars own son quit footy early due to shit like this. We complain about no father sons well theres one that never even tried due to the footy community accepting that kind of crap.

It's not like he's running around hitting blokes and you can put in him a bear hug.
Do you want them to put their hand over his mouth or run round putting their fingers in the opposition players' ears?
I’d expect some of the more experienced guys to pull him aside and calm him down or give him some direction. Yes , is that so unreasonable?

Nicky Winmars own son quit footy early due to shit like this. We complain about no father sons well theres one that never even tried due to the footy community accepting that kind of crap.
It has been going on forever , impossible to stop and in most cases it's his word against his - calling someone a c/cksucker --- really bad and imo who cares

No, I’m not looking for excuses. You can’t say that these days and he’ll cop a punishment.

I’m commenting on the sheer hypocrisy of the AFL when dealing with an experienced coach who has allegedly already had some history at his previous club, and has in fact definitely made homophobic slurs to our players, getting a slap on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf.

It’s a shocking look.

Last edited:
Send this man to live in Footscray for a month!!!

I rented in Footscray when i first moved to Melbourne. Figured i might as well live near where i work and drive everywhere else.
Wasn't bad. Good food around, the market was good, they had strip bars back in the day.

Never got beaten up once walking home from the Gym at night, so i satisfied my masochism by re-involving myself with the Saints.

If it was rugby it wouldn't be their ears to watch out for.

Knoffler changed the lyrics. LOL

I reckon throwing weeks at players who make any slur is regressive. The media trial, the obvious absence etc. 50% of the people will rile and not understand the punishment.

It would be far better to take players aside and put them into a program away from media. Get someone like Jason Ball into talk about their experiences and why it matters. If it repeats then make it punitive. Punishment is meant to be a deterrent but doesn't seem to work.

If Lance got to know a guy like Jason Ball he's going to know a person that he hopefully respects and doesn't want to hurt. That's a much better system.
Yep agree, but he can do all that while hes serving a suspension

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - LANCE COLLARD!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back