Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - LANCE COLLARD!

Remove this Banner Ad

If he said it as many times as was reported I'm guessing the entire Williamstown team dobbed him in. From what I've seen reported what he did wasn't exactly subtle.
Posted before, my nephew played on him most of the game and heard nothing, and also said nothing was said in the change rooms afterwards.

Doesn't mean it wasn't said, just the nephew was surprised when asked, so it wasn't a whole team thing. Maybe the players involved wanted to remain private, maybe the umpires heard it and are duty bound to report it.
I don't think he was calling every player stuff all game is all I am saying.
Look not making excuses, but I have seen him coming off the ground swearing at himself and sit on the bench mumbling to himself.
None of us know, and I wont hang draw and quarter a kid, before we know, or even once we do. We all make stuff ups, he hasn't murdered anyone.

Well without wishing to downplay anything.

And without looking to excuse Lance, or to “get him off”.

I would still like to hear his story, his version of what took place, before deciding how harshly to judge him.
I would imagine ( hope) that’s what the afl investigation will do.

St Kilda draftee Lance Collard could face the longest penalty handed down by the AFL for homophobic comments after the extraordinary nature of his outburst on Saturday.

The Herald Sun revealed on Monday that Collard was under investigation for homophobic comments to multiple opponents while playing for VFL affiliate Sandringam against Williamstown.

It is understood Collard made those comments to at least two and as many as three Williamstown players, and used the “f*****” term as many as 10 times.

The Saints are bracing for a suspension that could be well in excess of the five weeks that Gold Coast’s Wil Powell received for his homophobic slur on an AFL opponent earlier this year.

FULL STORY: bit.ly/466p9Qi

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

St Kilda draftee Lance Collard could face the longest penalty handed down by the AFL for homophobic comments after the extraordinary nature of his outburst on Saturday.

The Herald Sun revealed on Monday that Collard was under investigation for homophobic comments to multiple opponents while playing for VFL affiliate Sandringam against Williamstown.

It is understood Collard made those comments to at least two and as many as three Williamstown players, and used the “f*****” term as many as 10 times.

The Saints are bracing for a suspension that could be well in excess of the five weeks that Gold Coast’s Wil Powell received for his homophobic slur on an AFL opponent earlier this year.

Looks like the media are setting him up for crucifixion.

Same insult ten time????
Can someone please send Lance an insult generator he needs to change it up a bit.
Eg
"Ah, Oppo player, you exhibit all the charm of a malfunctioning outhouse in the middle of July—and twice the stench. Bless your heart."
Or maybe

PIE-EATING DUCK DRAGON​

Maybe

You intolerant cockburger​

That one might be a bit homophobic
So
Ah, the Oppo player, the unsung hero of the audio world, often overshadowed by its more boisterous siblings, the Bose and the Beats. It's like bringing a knife to a gunfight of sound, but the knife is so sharp, it slices through the noise with such elegance, you almost feel bad for the bullets that never had a chance.

Anybody on here know the kid?
Is this the way he would normally talk? Without any actual knowledge of him he appeared to be a shy, fairly reserved kind of guy.

What I’m wondering is whether this is his usual go or out of character? I mean to use the word repeatedly in one game is strange, considering no one’s ever called him out on it in any other games he’s played.

Is this the way he would normally talk? Without any actual knowledge of him he appeared to be a shy, fairly reserved kind of guy.

What I’m wondering is whether this is his usual go or out of character? I mean to use the word repeatedly in one game is strange, considering no one’s ever called him out on it in any other games he’s played.
Won’t be surprised if he was baited somehow. Not racially, but other stuff. Seemed to have provoked an emotional response. Seemingly out of character.

Same insult ten time????
Can someone please send Lance an insult generator he needs to change it up a bit.
Eg
"Ah, Oppo player, you exhibit all the charm of a malfunctioning outhouse in the middle of July—and twice the stench. Bless your heart."
Or maybe

PIE-EATING DUCK DRAGON​

Maybe

You intolerant cockburger​

That one might be a bit homophobic
So
Ah, the Oppo player, the unsung hero of the audio world, often overshadowed by its more boisterous siblings, the Bose and the Beats. It's like bringing a knife to a gunfight of sound, but the knife is so sharp, it slices through the noise with such elegance, you almost feel bad for the bullets that never had a chance.

"Greetings chap, I hear you enjoy salivating over erected instances with the hole in your face, granted, the direct assumption is then a preference for the other hole upon you body also which I truly find reprehensible. I dare say, this is painfully obvious to most, and rather, it is easy to see, and must suggest that you cease such actions post haste so that you may truly find pleasure in your being through self flagellation."

Then when they cry foul, you can simply state they enjoy the sugar sticks that they get during a match, and suppositories exist for medical use and they are quite pleasurable since otherwise that'd be entirely uncomfortable. As such nothing untoward was then stated and how dare they make assumptions instead of making a query as to their medical history so as not cause foul & can then be the aggrieved party in the convo.

As that should be in the rooms, not on the bench or field.

If the statement that he came off an admonished himself is factual, there would likely just be a comforting situation with word use and the assumption of it being demonstrative for example would be speculative, as lets not forget, "gay" used to mean "happy" before society twisted it to be a derogatory instance towards a certain section of the populace.

IF, and big if, you draw that sort of bow and he was admonishing himself, someone walked by or stood by him as you do on a footy field and he's just cussing up a storm, I'd imagine some would infer "is he talking to me?" and summarily take offence.

For me on this for example, I'm waiting for context. Per Joffas statement on his nephew as "heard nothing, no one spoke about it" as someone there, until others there speak up, there's nothing but speculation and let's state it openly, a biased media reporting on an AFL investigation that previously enjoyed releasing people who assault others in the wild. aka hot air blowing.

I'll also just state it openly; do be aware that the word filter exists for a reason, let it do the job that was intended, no need to be emphatic in your statements on the matter and self filter it. That just muddies the water a little.

Interesting from Joffa's relation...that there was not much of a fuss from the players regarding Lance's behaviour and outburst.....so where is the great societal issue....that his utterances have created for mothers to shoo children away from such morally reprehensible behaviour.

So if you say ****$er in the forrest and no one hears you are you part of Robin Hoods merry men?

Teacup and Storm...slow news day. We need someone to take another shot at Trump but not miss this time.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Give him the rest of the year off doing an education program, and helping less advantaged kids in the community. Give him his two year contract with light (tut tut) provisions and make him realise it's a chance to grow and develop as a human being...and be a better more professional footballer.
Get him primed for next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing up to 14 weeks. Interesting that if my mail is even close to correct, that opposition players must have taken offence, umpires must have heard it and then lodged reports and that teammates must have been acutely aware of several verbal interactions. Could any one of the stakeholders done something to stop him? Up to 10 sledges directed at different people gives everyone enough time to alert Saints coaching staff that he needed to be removed from the field I would have thought

Last edited:
Hearing up to 14 weeks. Interesting that if my mail is even close to correct, that opposition players must have taken offence, umpires must have hard it and then lodged reports and that teammates must have been acutely aware of several verbal interactions. Could any one of the stakeholders done something to stop him? Up to 10 sledges directed at different people gives everyone enough time to alert Saints coaching staff that he needed to be removed from the field I would have thought
I heard he called up Clarko and got him in a 20 minute F-bomb ping pong match from the bench and is looking at life imprisonment, Clarko will get off with a $100 fine and one priority pick

Hearing up to 14 weeks. Interesting that if my mail is even close to correct, that opposition players must have taken offence, umpires must have heard it and then lodged reports and that teammates must have been acutely aware of several verbal interactions. Could any one of the stakeholders done something to stop him? Up to 10 sledges directed at different people gives everyone enough time to alert Saints coaching staff that he needed to be removed from the field I would have thought

Bull :poov1::poov1::poov1: go back to your own site you clown!

Hey, Magnets, guess what? North Melbourne released their designs for the 2025 AFL season guernsey online today, here's a sneak peek. Pretty stylish mate you must be rapt 174e9aa21ce5330aa34a193240fbde45.jpg

Kids at schools tend to say the words that are least accepted, so as to impress their mates.
My kids went through a "that's so gay dad" phase. Not in the context that it was gay, but in the context of "gay = crap"
Yeah just mentioning that even though something may not be directed at you, hearing it thrown around with no regard can still be a bit shit

To be fair, you were probably listening to Tim ‘Sausage’ Gossage and Scotty Cummings on SEN WA this morning, they said that Lancey boy had been rubbed out for 14 weeks, and even the SEN WA newsreader was running with it in the bulletins.

Personally, I’d give him 6 weeks and tell him to pull his head in.

To be fair, you were probably listening to Tim ‘Sausage’ Gossage and Scotty Cummings on SEN WA this morning, they said that Lancey boy had been rubbed out for 14 weeks, and even the SEN WA newsreader was running with it in the bulletins.

Personally, I’d give him 6 weeks and tell him to pull his head in.

So those geniuses were running off an obviously fake X account?

I mean if you couldn’t tell it was fake/parody from the “channel 17” link, then a quick look at some previous tweets should’ve given a hint to these “journalists”

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - LANCE COLLARD!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back