Toast Welcome to the SUNS, Bailey Humphrey

Remove this Banner Ad

Should we be worried he is sitting around alone in his room, when in the past he’d be hanging with friends?
He didn’t really get drafted with anyone else his age. A few years ago we were taking a whole swag of picks and putting them in a house (or CEO’s house) together.

He’s also seems very honest.

Yeah I think you're right, probably every draftee at the beginning has some sort of loneliness/ separation issues. He just is very open and honest with his feelings and is trying to make others be the same.

He seems like a terrific young man with a lot of potential as a player. I do worry a bit about how he can handle/manage his mental health long-term. I would expect he gets all the assistance he can get from the club, and he will settle and get used to AFL life away from home. No guarantees. Good luck to him.

Last edited:
He seems like a terrific young man with a lot of potential as a player. I do worry a bit about how he can handle/mange his mental health long-term. I would expect he gets all the assistance he can get from the club, and he will settle and get used to AFL life away from home. No guarantees. Good luck to him.
I think playing will make a huge difference.
Seems like he would be very competitive on field.
Can't wait to see him out there.

A star is born this weekend! My first choice in his draft year, super excited to see The Bear play!
I think you are right if he kick straight rising star award I think and the kid is a hard footballer aswell love the way he goes about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does he get the rising star this week
Hope so;
20 touches, 5 marks, 5 tackles 70%, 1 goal WIN

Seamus Mitchell had 27 touches, 8 marks, 63%, 7 turnovers LOSS
Arthur Jones had 14 touches, 4 marks, 5 tackles, 86%, 1 goal WIN

The Undroppable: Young gun Bailey Humphrey proving himself

Only six games into his AFL career and Bailey Humphrey is cementing himself as a walkup starter in this Gold Coast side.

Spending more time further up the field in the middle, Humphrey was able to find more of the footy, gathering 20 disposals while creating opportunities for the taller forwards with five inside 50s.

Also snagging a goal for himself in their standout victory, Humphrey’s strong performance will almost certainly put him in the starting squad for Gold Coast next weekend against Brisbane.

We really have to keep this kid. Rowell is a contest beast, Ando runs all day but neither of them have the x-factor and power Bear has. Will end up our most damaging mid.

Maybe not X Factor but Rowell has power in spades. You're drunk, go to bed.

We really have to keep this kid. Rowell is a contest beast, Ando runs all day but neither of them have the x-factor and power Bear has. Will end up our most damaging mid.

Sounds like he's pretty happy up here though :bearface:

Screenshot 2023-05-15 190940.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back