Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins
D60D8A04-6564-4BDF-93A7-423CEDD55151.jpeg

Congratulations and welcome to Nic Reid and Jamaine Jones. Both of these lads have brilliant stories, Nic coming from the ammos to being listed as a WAFL Eagles top up player and has now made his way onto the rookie list. And Jamaine’s story has been covered but a tough up bringing and then axed by Geelong, he now gets a second chance at an AFL career. Good luck to them for season 2020 and beyond. :westcoast:

Last edited:

Surely one of Treacy, Jones and Reid should be playing in the round 1 to play alongside Ryan, Cripps and Petch. Treacy might be dropped back to the WAFL Eagles, while Jones should be added to the AFL squad. Huge opportunity for him to stake a claim for a round 1 berth with a big game since Treacy was pretty quiet against Essendon. Can't see much of a chance for Reid for round 1. Disappointing that we didn't/couldn't add Humphries. Just happy that we didn't add Grey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would think with Camouflage out with OP, we’ll get our first look at JJ in the wings this Saturday. Agree with above posts, should be pushing for a round 1 debut.

Well done to the two new players.

Really like the Jones pick, not sure with Reid, he had his WOW moments in the WAFL and also had some moments that where a bit questionable.
That said Reid should benefit big time, from becoming a full time professional player and the training load that, that presents.

Also like the fact that they are both quick and nippy lefties.

As I posted elsewhere, the Jones story is one that is inspiring and I give a nod to anyone who, having been dealt such shitty cards early in life, who is then able to overcome the odds.
Jones really IMO deserves a second chance and I will be fingers crossed backing him.

The sick side of me also likes the possibility of that anti Eagles campaigner Dwayne ******* Russell having to listen to another commentator rubbing it into the Cattery with a line straight out of the Dwerp Russell book of play calling.......

Setting........ West Coast V Geelong ...... and this is the call.

" Jones the new Eagle swoops in, front and centre, rovers the pack for his fourth goal, against a Club that didn't want him and told him to move on."

Now that, fellow posters would bring a tear to my eye.

Really like the Jones pick, not sure with Reid, he had his WOW moments in the WAFL and also had some moments that where a bit questionable.
That said Reid should benefit big time, from becoming a full time professional player and the training load that, that presents.

As I posted elsewhere, the Jones story is one that is inspiring and I give a nod to anyone who, having been dealt such shitty cards early in life, who is then able to overcome the odds.
Jones really IMO deserves a second chance and I will be fingers crossed backing him.

The sick side of me also likes the possibility of that anti Eagles campaigner Dwayne ******* Russell having to listen to another commentator rubbing it into the Cattery with a line straight out of the Dwerp Russell book of play calling.......

" Jones the new Eagle swoops in, front and centre, rovers the pack for his fourth goal, against a Club that didn't want him and told him to move on."

This will add more ammunition for my Eagles v Pussies Preview in round 3.

In a warped sort of way it brings a bit more balance to the Kelly trade

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome to the West, Nic Reid and Jamaine Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Back