well well well, good ol' rex is full of ****

Remove this Banner Ad

FuManchu said:
If anyone caught the ACA bit on Rex in Byron Bay, the one thing that stands out is that the young kids are certainly more lucid, more articulate and probably telling a better version of the story.

It wouldn't be like Rex to barge his way thru ,what he would consider, "lesser beings" and mouthing off, now would it?????

Kids deserve a medal, rex deserves another stiletto heel in the head from his relo again
ACA, of course, being the most trusted media source in all of Australia. They'd never twist the truth for a bit of controversy.
Not saying I believe one side or another, but geez it is gutter journalism.

iameviljez said:
ACA, of course, being the most trusted media source in all of Australia. They'd never twist the truth for a bit of controversy.
Not saying I believe one side or another, but geez it is gutter journalism.
when you have a willing participant like rex, you got to take notice, methinks he protests too much.

I can imagine him starting it, getting a cuffing and then going off on his moral tangent.

cant you????

Vulcan said:
Oh dear they've conned some of you lot as well.

The loverly lads don' drink,don't do drugs,don't smoke **** and are just the opitomy of great up and coming good living citizens and sporting great works of art in the form of colourfull tattoos.

You have a valid point there.
The kids claim to be 'straight edge' so sure they don't do drugs, don't drink etc, however the majority of edge kids I have dealt with are arrogant, self-righteous, violent thugs. I dont think they are to be believed but having said that neither is old Rex.

docker_azza said:
I have always been suspect thet Rex had shot his mouth off before getting attacked. He's not the angel that all of a sudden many people make him out to be.

I've met Rex on a number of occasions - informally. Introduced as a friend of a friend. He's both racist and shoots off with a number of the 'F' words.

I don't know the facts of this case but I'd be willing to bet that Rexy is exercising the jaw muscles for publicity.

Vandal said:
You have a valid point there.
The kids claim to be 'straight edge' so sure they don't do drugs, don't drink etc, however the majority of edge kids I have dealt with are arrogant, self-righteous, violent thugs. I dont think they are to be believed but having said that neither is old Rex.

I didn't actually see the story, but if they claimed to be straight-edge, it must be their fault.

I really don't like straight-edgers.

FuManchu said:
If anyone caught the ACA bit on Rex in Byron Bay, the one thing that stands out is that the young kids are certainly more lucid, more articulate and probably telling a better version of the story.

It wouldn't be like Rex to barge his way thru ,what he would consider, "lesser beings" and mouthing off, now would it?????

Kids deserve a medal, rex deserves another stiletto heel in the head from his relo again
Hey I wouldn't jump so quickly on it. He was assaulted by kids who were drunk and under the age of 17.

showdownhero said:
wtf is a straight edger?

They are people who dont take drugs, dont drink and are often into the hardcore punk scene. There has been a number of incidents in america, where they beat up people (when they have more with them) for partaking in things that they don't.

prankster_bateman said:
Hey I wouldn't jump so quickly on it. He was assaulted by kids who were drunk and under the age of 17.

I hope someone jumps quickly on your head.

Sealen said:
I hope someone jumps quickly on your head.
WTF is your problem? I know that you sent me a rather rude pm telling me that you didn't like me but you have to learn to grow up here and not turn this into a personal attack on me.

prankster_bateman said:
WTF is your problem? I know that you sent me a rather rude pm telling me that you didn't like me but you have to learn to grow up here and not turn this into a personal attack on me.

Sorry prankster, but it's just my belief that I would want someone too. Who are you to dare question my beliefs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sealen said:
They are people who dont take drugs, dont drink and are often into the hardcore punk scene. There has been a number of incidents in america, where they beat up people (when they have more with them) for partaking in things that they don't.

So what you are saying is that straight edgers are just another mob of angst ridden teenagers intolerant of anything that does not accord to their skewed moral orthodxy?

A bit like ****ter bashing teenagers and christians?

Joffaboy said:
So what you are saying is that straight edgers are just another mob of angst ridden teenagers intolerant of anything that does not accord to their skewed moral orthodxy?

A bit like ****ter bashing teenagers and christians?

Unfortunately, from what I know about them without researching further, within the ranks of straight edgers, there are people who behave in that manner.

Sealen said:

You missed the no promiscuous sex bit haha. The basic idea bout straight edge is to take nothing that will alter your mind but it has evolved a fair bit. Anyway i found this article sums up straight edge pretty well.

Vandal said:
You missed the no promiscuous sex bit haha. The basic idea bout straight edge is to take nothing that will alter your mind but it has evolved a fair bit. Anyway i found this article sums up straight edge pretty well.

Geez, no promiscuous sex? No wonder they turn violent.

Baby Blue said:
Can't believe Rex actually compared Byron with Bali...what a tool. He was going on tonight about how he thought he was going to watch his son killed in front of him... a bit over the top and he seemed hysterical. The kids on the other hand actually seemed believable despite some of them looking 'rough,' their story seemed more truthfull than Rexs.

One punch killed David Hookes.

The Hunts probably were mouthing off a bit but I'm not sure that warrants a hiding!

Sundog said:
I've met Rex on a number of occasions - informally. Introduced as a friend of a friend. He's both racist and shoots off with a number of the 'F' words.

I don't know the facts of this case but I'd be willing to bet that Rexy is exercising the jaw muscles for publicity.

Does the same thing out on the Bay.
Tells people to F off, tells them to move from 'his' spot.
Thinks he owns the Bay.

Didn't his son say the kids were all pi.ssed and carry 6 packs of Bourbon and Coke.
Turns out none of them drink

I believe the kids.

Mr Reliable said:
One punch killed David Hookes.

The Hunts probably were mouthing off a bit but I'm not sure that warrants a hiding!

According to the kids Hunt's son king hit one of them.
That then started the brawl.

I agree, even if the kids were mouthing off that is no reason for Hunt to hit one of them

No winners out of this lot. Appears Rex was asking for trouble, the kids were happy to oblige, Byron Bay loves tourist dollars but hates tourists, and ACA is still a poor joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

well well well, good ol' rex is full of ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Back