2nds Werribee 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Garner ? You'd be game after the time he has missed to play him v Crows. Let Wags have another go.
Need Garn's hamstrings come October.

Not the greatest perfotmance v * at home either.
Preuss is a monster and can only learn from Goldy.
McKay showed a bit thank goodness.

Was asking because he was extremely poor in the last Q. Turnovers and bad play in the clutch.

Just curious.

I agree. I thought he was better than that. Undisciplined, no awareness. I didn't know who he was at first. I was relieved when I discovered he wasn't Roo-listed.

McKay 3.1 and 7 contested marks.
The scary thing is he is going to get alot bigger and stronger. We finally have a player in the gorilla forward body type mould ala Hawkins.
Petrie, Waite, Brown are all jumping /athletic types. Hope we can develop McKay into someone that is unstoppable in the one-on-one.

FT Stats

ClNweLMWgAARCXj.jpg

Awesome work GR :thumbsu:

Do any Werribee watchers have an opinion on how Gribble is going? I was hoping wed pick him up late in his draft year. I havent been able to get to many Bees games this year but notice that he seems to be getting a few stats. Any thoughts on whether he'd be worth a rookie spot?

Do any Werribee watchers have an opinion on how Gribble is going? I was hoping wed pick him up late in his draft year. I havent been able to get to many Bees games this year but notice that he seems to be getting a few stats. Any thoughts on whether he'd be worth a rookie spot?
Always rated him was in vfl team of the year in pretty sure last year or year before reminds me of a ruggles

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2016-06-18/werribee-report-card-round-11

Jed Anderson – 9 disposals, 2 marks, 3 tackles
Aaron Black – 16 disposals, 7 marks, 7 tackles, 1 goal
Ryan Clarke – 20 disposals, 10 tackles
Will Fordham – 7 disposals, 4 marks, 1 goal
Lachlan Hansen – 4 disposals, 2 tackles (limited game time)
Mitch Hibberd – 15 disposals, 3 marks, 3 tackles
Ben McKay – 8 disposals, 7 marks, 3 goals
Declan Mountford – 14 disposals, 7 tackles, 1 goal
Braydon Preuss – 7 disposals, 42 hit-outs, 1 goal
Joel Tippett – 13 disposals, 5 marks, 4 tackles
Ed Vickers-Willis – 14 disposals, 5 marks, 5 tackles

Ben McKay

In his return to the VFL senior side, McKay was dominant early. Three goals came through his aerial ability, out-marking the Essendon defence regularly.

“Getting my hands on the ball early definitely helped me with my confidence throughout the game,” McKay said post-match.

“Especially in that last quarter I felt like whenever the ball was in the air, I could back myself in to force the contest and I was happy to take a couple of marks.”

1. Jed Anderson made his much-anticipated return after 12 weeks out with a hamstring injury. Playing normal game time with regular rotations, Anderson was able to run out the match well.

“I thought he was understandably rusty, but he looked like he was getting into some pretty good spots, especially when the long ball came in," development manager Ben Dyer said post-match.

“You just want to see them playing the four quarters and getting the touch back. His pressure and intent to tackle was really strong, which was pleasing.

“His effort and his urgency was up, which is obviously a really important part of his game.”

RELATED: Jed's comeback complete

2. Although he’s only played a handful of games in his return from a long-term injury, Ed Vickers-Willis continues to progress rapidly.

While his stat line may not jump off the page – 14 disposals, 5 marks, 5 tackles – he was extremely impressive playing off the half-back line.

“He looked so comfortable in his decisions about when to impact and when to stay at home and defend,” Dyer said.

“That ability gives him the chance to intercept. He knows when his opponents are relevant.

“Given the way teams defend at AFL level these days, it just suggests his game is going to stand up to that level. He played an AFL-type game today.

“It’s a credit to his preparation, he’s so diligent in the work he does both off and on the field. If there’s a part of his game he’s not happy with, he’s really proactive in working out a way to address it. Things can be fast-tracked with him for that reason.”

3. Faced with an Essendon team which rotated its ruckman constantly against him, Braydon Preuss stood strong early. With 42 hit-outs for the afternoon, the big man also spent some time forward.

“His tap work and his body work in the first half was really good,” development coach David Loader said.

“He really influenced a couple of contests where he got across, starting to play like a big body.

“They ran two ruckmen on him, so it was always going to be a good challenge for him. His mark and goal was what we hadn’t seen too much from him.

“It’s a learning curve from Preussy, to be able to deal with that and learn to still impact the game.”

4. With 10 tackles to go with his nine clearances and 20 disposals, Ryan Clarke had a well-rounded game in the middle of the ground.

“He was really good again,” Loader said.

“What I’m really liking about his game at the moment is his continuity to turn up every game and put in a good solid performance.

“That’s a sign of a good player, who can be in your best contributors every week win or lose.

“He’s setting up really well and giving us a lot. He continues to run all day, running as hard late as he does early.

“He’s a talented kid and works really hard.”

5. With another five-day break between Werribee’s match and North’s clash against Adelaide, the game time of players was closely monitored.

Hansen only played the first half before coming out of the game, perhaps with an eye to being included to take on the Crows on Thursday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see EVW playing good footy. The way things are panning out either McDonald, Hibberd or EVW will have to move into the midfield eventually. We seem to have soooo many half back flankers

I'm not a Werribee watcher but I did watch the game and Gribble caught my eye in a positive sense. Smooth mover, seems to have time when he has the footy. Nice kick. I'd like to see him again.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Werribee 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back