2nds Werribee 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went for a look today to see what the future holds and there is quite a bit of potential. Clarke was a stand out and should be a regular member of our midfield next year, if not next match, and for the next 10 years. Preuss was up against Billy Longer and I thought had the better of the duel. Given our need for speed and run, Fordham, Mountford and Wagner all should be putting their hands up next year. The two big blokes, Durdin and McKay, don't look ready for AFL yet but may make it- both took some good marks although not as good as one Black took. EVW could take Firrito's place next year- he was helped from the ground in the second quarter after a heavy knock (corked thigh or knee I think) but came back on and didn't seem to be hampered. He moves well and handled the ball surely

For those saying McKay won't be ready next year.....did you see Petrie in 20 of 22 games this year?

Touching the ball isn't required under Brad. We will be going back to the brilliant Cunnington strategy of giving 50 consecutive games to players that absolutely don't deserve it. In 6 years we have had one 4 week period where players were held accountable.

McKay seems raw as all hell yet still manages each week to take a couple of hangers and kick a goal minimum. Add 15kg's of muscle and 2 preseasons of running and he might be something special. God knows we could use a fluke late 1st round pick that turned into a dominant force in the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Werribee 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back