His numbers to date:

Rd 1 15 Disposals 5 tackles
Rd 2 9 disp 3 tackles 2 goals
Rd 4 7 disp 2 tackles
Rd 5 12 disp 4 tackles
Rd 6 14 disp 4 tackles 1 goal 1 behind
Rd 7 12 disp 10 tackles 1 goal 1 behind
Rd 9 10 disp 4 tackles 3 goals

Ave: 11 touches, 4.5 tackles, 1 goal a game.

Re-watched the replay today during this horrendous weather.

Dumont was comfortably our best, he was excellent in the clinches. Didn't get as much footy in space like he has done in previous weeks but he was good with his hands in close. Had 7-8 Inside 50's but most were just bombs out of the contest, which isn't a bad thing considering the conditions. Tackled like a mad man.

Mullett was excellent imo. Had a couple of goals kicked on him, but most of those he didn't really have a chance to defend. He was the best kick in the side in the tough conditions.

Fordham was solid, has no worries going into the contest and was quite sure footed when others were slipping over. Turned over a few kicks when going forward, but that was more due to the bee's forwards not providing on option.

Mountford was okay without really being outstanding. Few absolute howlers by foot, and sold his teammates into trouble a few times with some questionable handballs. His tackling and work rate is first class but he really lacked a bit of his usual zip in shit conditions. Spent a bit of time on Aish who he gave too much space to.

You can't question Clarke's work rate. Had a strong body and works really hard between contests. Probably spends a bit too much time finding the ball himself rather than focusing on his opponent. Needs to find the balance a bit more, a few times he got caught out where he expected Werribee to win the contest but they didn't. His kicking wasn't real flash, but it was more to do with his decision making. A few times he tried to kick the skin off it when there were better Options available. Still VERY VERY impressive for a first year player.

Ray was solid defensively, very rarely beaten in the one on ones and kept his feet. Played more on the wing rather than across half back like he has previously. Callopy kicked one goal on him that should have been avoided, if he worked a bit harder defensively.

Hibberd was solid. 7 marks (2-3 of which were contested) was the highlight. Kicked into the middle a few times which resulted in turnovers. His long kicking with a wet heavy footy was impressive. Once he fills out a bit more I can see him being about to roost the footy like Hurn.

Pruess battled manfully in the ruck, but ultimately he got his pants pulled down around the ground by Witts. He looked absolutely cooked in the 2nd half. Got hardly any support from Porter or Durdin.

Lachy was strong and solid in the contest. Took a few clean intercept marks, and laid a few solid tackles. Solid by foot. Liked his game for one our Talls.

Tippett I thought was excellent. He held Gault to one behind while collecting a fair bit of the pill himself.
Was really solid in the aerial contests and provider an outlet when a number of other guys didn't. His kicking was considerably better than the last time I watched him play.

Garner started like a rocket, set the tone early with some really good pressure and composed hand balling. Faded out in the 2-3rd quarters but come again in the last quarter. I feel like he was well held by Goldsack. Good thing is is that he didn't let The experienced Goldsack have any influence. Think he needs to get his hands on the footy more before we rush him in. Would be nice to see him get a 20+ posession game in the VFL.

Wagner was solid. 3 opportunistic goals is a good return for a small forward in those conditions. His tackling and pressure is good. Biggest downside is that he needs to be a bit more accountable. He was opposed to Marley Williams for a large % of the game who racked up a lot of possessions. I really liked his game but don't think he has the body for AFL at this stage.

Black two cheap goals. Thought he was soundly beaten by Brown. Didn't see much defensive effort. Still worked up to the wings. To be fair he didn't really get any good service, the couple of times he did get free on the lead the kicks to him fell short or went over his head.

Nielson bit of a nothing game. Few one %er's and a few nice spoils third man up. Needs to work on his kicking.

Durdin copped a knock and struggled to run out the game. Offered nothing in the forward line and ran under the footy on a few occasions. Looked way too small to be even playing in the ruck. Would like to see him play closer to goal if they play him in the forward line. Didn't see that work rate he was rated for As a junior. Needs time.

Durdin copped a knock and struggled to run out the game. Offered nothing in the forward line and ran under the footy on a few occasions. Looked way too small to be even playing in the ruck. Would like to see him play closer to goal if they play him in the forward line. Didn't see that work rate he was rated for As a junior. Needs time.

I just hope we aren't spending 5 years teaching this kid to play forward, only to realise that he is a defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just hope we aren't spending 5 years teaching this kid to play forward, only to realise that he is a defender.

In the few games I've seen this year I actually think McKay looks like a much more natural forward. Throws himself at contested marks.

Durdin just seems so Laconic in everything he does. Really hope we seen some improvement in him over the next few months.

Anyone know why VIckers-Willis didn't play?

In the few games I've seen this year I actually think McKay looks like a much more natural forward. Throws himself at contested marks.

Durdin just seems so Laconic in everything he does. Really hope we seen some improvement in him over the next few months.

Anyone know why VIckers-Willis didn't play?

He's coming off a nasty injury. He's basically a first year player in reality. I'd be happy if he just gets some footy under his belt this year so he can start to make a real impact next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Werribee 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back