Club Focus West Coast Eagles 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Wonderful. You know that it takes time and effort to convert money into a functioning academy, right?

You think an academy is the same as a clinic? Good grief. There's no point continuing this conversation.
Dodged my post like a pro

You don't think 22 mill in extra cash per year might help with Gold Coasts academy?

A quick calculation shows in last 6 years ie. trying to include COVID years Gold Coast received a extra 138 million dollars than West Coast from the AFL

If the choice is a first round compensation pick or 138 million dollars into the club's coffers give me the 138 million please

Dodged my post like a pro
I didn't get the notification, but keep thinking you're the most important person on earth if it makes you happy.

You don't think 22 mill in extra cash per year might help with Gold Coasts academy?
I'm sure it does, and I acknowledged so in a post above. You don't think it takes time and effort to turn money into a functioning academy?

A quick calculation shows in last 6 years ie. trying to include COVID years Gold Coast received a extra 138 million dollars than West Coast from the AFL

If the choice is a first round compensation pick or 138 million dollars into the club's coffers give me the 138 million please
Good thing it wasn't offered to you. Let's also give Gina Rinehart welfare while we're discussing the rich being given handouts.

I didn't get the notification, but keep thinking you're the most important person on earth if it makes you happy.

I'm sure it does, and I acknowledged so in a post above. You don't think it takes time and effort to turn money into a functioning academy?
You said the gold coast go it alone and AFL plays no part in the academy. You also asked for proof the AFL fully fund the academy

I gave it to you. AFL 100 percent funds the academy. The end

You said the gold coast go it alone and AFL plays no part in the academy.
Where?

You also asked for proof the AFL fully fund the academy
You didn't actually provide any, you just cited Gold Coast's distribution from the AFL. And I already acknowledged that academy funds could be drawn from that.

I gave it to you. AFL 100 percent funds the academy. The end
Yawn. You don't think it takes time and effort to turn money into a functioning academy? By all means keep crying about how poor West Coast are and how they deserve cash handouts.

Haha. Brisbane Lions receive 28 million dollars from AFL yet hold 85 million in assets. Assets were from the 1990s when AFL purchased these for them during the initial creation of the team. Brisbane only hold 29 mill in assets less then the Eagles but get DOUBLE the funding.

Heres a good one. Brisbane has 85 mill in assets. North Melbourne has 30 mill. Brisbane gets 28 mill. North got 19 mill...... I wonder where that extra 9 mill went huh

AFL funds the Lions academy too :D

Last edited:
Prove it.

At best they're given more money from the centralised distribution to cover the cost. The fact remains that they have to hire staff and expend the time and effort to make the academy run and perform.

I don't care what you're happy for.

Go on then, give us the full numbers if you know everything.

So you admit the funding for state junior delopment does not come from the club.

Well that's a step in the right direction at least.

How could clubs on their own run state junior developmwnt.. That is not the clubs job.

The clubs get additional funding. Then the clubs employs people to deliver what the funding is for. But they add their brand for marketing.i.e walk around wearing Lions or Swans shirts.

Not a difficult concept.

And perfectly logical.

The Suns have never turned a profit so how the he'll can they run state junior development without external funding?

I apologies for providing logic and examples to this discussion that does not suit your views on how you think it works.

Where?

You didn't actually provide any, you just cited Gold Coast's distribution from the AFL. And I already acknowledged that academy funds could be drawn from that.

Yawn. You don't think it takes time and effort to turn money into a functioning academy? By all means keep crying about how poor West Coast are and how they deserve cash handouts.

Please provide a link to the last cash handout the Eagles received/ needed?

One thing the Eagles are not is short of cash. They aren't allowed to use it to get better so that is the only issue they have with cash.

You admit academy funds could be drawn from AFL funding.

COULD?

How else do the Suns pay for it? They lose money every year. They don't have any of their own cash to fund an academy. Currently the most successful academy producing talent.

Same goes for the Lion's, Swans and GWS.

They couldn't fund it themselves. AFL funding and sponsors bankroll junior development. The clubs are subcontracted to run it.

Please provide a link to the last cash handout the Eagles received/ needed?

One thing the Eagles are not is short of cash. They aren't allowed to use it to get better so that is the only issue they have with cash.

You admit academy funds could be drawn from AFL funding.

COULD?

How else do the Suns pay for it? They lose money every year. They don't have any of their own cash to fund an academy. Currently the most successful academy producing talent.

Same goes for the Lion's, Swans and GWS.

They couldn't fund it themselves. AFL funding and sponsors bankroll junior development. The clubs are subcontracted to run it.
Brisbane Lions is ridiculous though. They are one of the richest clubs in the land. They would be top 5 on wealth and AFL give them a extra 15 mill a year compared to Eagles to run there club.

Also for some reason Eagles/Freo fund the WAFL but AFL fully funds the QFL. This is despite the fact Brisbane hold millions of cash in hand and get all these insane cash handouts.

Last edited:
Brisbane Lions is ridiculous though. They are one of the richest clubs in the land. They would be top 5 on wealth and AFL give them a extra 15 mill a year compared to Eagles to run there club.

Also for some reason Eagles/Freo fund the WAFL but AFL fully funds the QFL. This is despite the fact Brisbane hold millions of cash in hand and get all these insane cash handouts.

Created a thread in the main board to discuss further.

I still think the answer lies in 2 end of first round picks that Eagles must ontrade.

Pick 21 for Baker + future 2nd rounder, Pick 22 for Peatling

A good start to a rebuild which no one can cry about since we didnt use the picks

If anyone wants to cry they can instead even up the competition by giving us 138 million dollars. Im happy with either

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus West Coast Eagles 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back