• Yes

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • No

Votes: 37 24.7%
  • Brad Sheppards hair

Votes: 28 18.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like the logo and the guernsey. Our logo was long over due for a change was never a fan of the old logo. I always thought half of the eagles head was missing against the dark navy. Now it really sh*ts me reading all the negative comments on facebook and how its similar to hawthorn.... you do realise the eagle and hawk are very similar animals?!? for the love of god watch some animal planet when you get the chance. We need to change and this is a big step in the right direction. Now all we need is Shuey as captain and a new club song, heck I would like our old team song.

A lot of people saying our logo looks like Hawthorn's.

I don't see it myself, but I suppose we should apologise for not having a manatee instead of a bird of prey?
It's not that it's too similar to the Hawks FC design, but more that the bird looks like a hawk and not a wedge-tailed eagle. The beak is just too short.

That said I feel a bit silly pointing this out again as it seems a pretty minuscule matter when so much about the overall design hits the spot.

Love it, they’ve done well.

New song and Shuey as skip next.

Shuey Curtain for Captain!

I really like the logo and the guernsey. Our logo was long over due for a change was never a fan of the old logo. I always thought half of the eagles head was missing against the dark navy. Now it really sh*ts me reading all the negative comments on facebook and how its similar to hawthorn.... you do realise the eagle and hawk are very similar animals?!? for the love of god watch some animal planet when you get the chance. We need to change and this is a big step in the right direction. Now all we need is Shuey as captain and a new club song, heck I would like our old team song.

Shuey isn't gonna be captain next year.
More chance we return the ochre.

Shuey isn't gonna be captain next year.
More chance we return the ochre.
one can only hope..

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The logo needs to be simpler in structure.

If you can't get the inverse of the logo working (i.e. the way they look to have abandoned having a blue logo on the yellow jumper), it usually indicates the logo is overly complex.

Not many teams even use an inverse of their logo, FWIW.

I like the font and the prominence of Eagles over West Coast.

It is very Hawthorn but then we've been yoyo-ing with them for years. Our 1999-2017 Eagle head looks like their 80s logo, and their current logo was introduced in 2007. The Crow, Eagle and Hawk logos in the AFL all looks pretty similar.

I like that we only have the Eagle head now and not a mix of some logos having the wing and others just the head. The colour simplicity is great for the jumpers.

What's this ISC nonsense, though? Puma or GTFO.

Just bought a new Guernsey. Come at me bitches.

Was gonna buy one for the new season anyway.

as an outsider i like it... then i look at hawks and see similarities.
but its a major step up from carton animals of old...

Well all white people look the same don’t they? At high, ignorant level, yes, they do.

Well they are both predator birds and both clubs have yellow in it and to be honest they are very similar birds.

I am not sure how different it can be unless you decide to put in a pigeon as your logo.

As an outsider, no excuse for ignorance.

What a load. Its the typical corporate route... Change the logo every couple of years on the pretex that it needs "freshening up", then sit back and rake in the merchandising cash.
Every couple of years?

It was last changed in 2000...

...and what wrong with keeping the brand and logo fresh. This makes sure the club you support is financially viable. Don't like it, don't buy the merch

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion West Coast Eagles new logo

Back