Game Day West Coast Eagles vs Essendon Braves

Who will win?

• Eagles

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • Essendon

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • It doesn't matter, Jobe was so brave....

Votes: 73 65.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

142357_e3a1f0231412cb10e6fc77f3ba9bc973.jpg

Welcome to the Jungle, Long Live the King .

McKernan would be playing if he wasn't on the rookie list. And he's only on the rookie list because we ballsed up and didn't place David Myers to the LTI list even though he had a shoulder reconstruction.

Pretty frustrating.

I might need this ran by me again.....

Is it a mandatory 8 weeks off once placed on the LTI? And because you didn't put Myers there initially, to do so now, when he'll be fit within 8 weeks, would result in him being fit to play but not allowed?

Is that close in any way?

I might need this ran by me again.....

Is it a mandatory 8 weeks off once placed on the LTI? And because you didn't put Myers there initially, to do so now, when he'll be fit within 8 weeks, would result in him being fit to play but not allowed?

Is that close in any way?
Yeah, they must be not be playing at any level (so no VFL either) for at least eight weeks. And correct, to put him there now would mean he isn't available until about Round 20- again, at any level.

Very, very frustrating. We knew Myers would be having a reco by halfway between the Round 1 and 2 games from memory. He's still 2-3 weeks away from playing even at VFL level.

Should have been on the LTI list.

Watson is a top bloke, was one of the only people who went to Priddis and shook his hand after he won thew Brownlow, hope he isn't booed. He copped it two years ago, no more need to boo him again.

Hird on the other hand, surprised he's still coaching to be honest, should have taken responsibility and stepped down.

Watson is a top bloke, was one of the only people who went to Priddis and shook his hand after he won thew Brownlow, hope he isn't booed. He copped it two years ago, no more need to boo him again.

Make no mistake, he'll get booed right out of the ****ing ground.

Hird on the other hand, surprised he's still coaching to be honest, should have taken responsibility and stepped down.
Booooo

It's high time we started spelling Hird's name with a "T".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't actually think he should take it personally. He will be booed for sure, but as you say he is a good bloke, just he is the face of a lot of what the broader AFL community has grown incredibly frustrated and tired of. Plus, there has probably been a healthy rivalry between the two clubs for a very long time. They boned us in 07 with Hird's and Sheedy's last game with Lucas going nuts in the last, that game at the dome where Hird hugged the fan and everyone thought he was awesome (he wasn't as good as they say), NLM with his cheap shot on Kerr, White hitting Johnson behind play, jacket waving, booing Jobe ect.

To be honest, I think the boos only spur him on. Look at last time; he led his team to a massive comeback victory away from home. Hopefully there isn't a repeat performance.

Sounds a bit melodramatic to me but each to his own I guess.

Melodrama has been the Essendons forte for the last two years, with Hirdy taking the role of Ridge, his Missus playing Brooke, Little channeling Paul Robinson and Bomber doing his best Harold impersonation.

Its Days of Lives rolled into Breaking Bad with the players winning best supporting actors.

Melodrama has been the Essendons forte for the last two years, with Hirdy taking the role of Ridge, his Missus playing Brooke, Little channeling Paul Robinson and Bomber doing his best Harold impersonation.

Its Days of Lives rolled into Breaking Bad with the players winning best supporting actors.
my mum used to watch that show its sad we know those characters

Yeah it's racist to boo Watson.

Or is it that other bloke

Agree. Booooos reserved for dog acts, umpires and anytime hird is on the big screen. And overzealous opposition celebrations, though they may only kick 2 goals so we should expect soccer style celebrations

If he's such a top bloke why hasn't he handed in that Brownlow?

Hird should cop it more though

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day West Coast Eagles vs Essendon Braves

Back