Game Day West Coast Eagles vs Essendon Round 15 @ The Gabba Tuesday 6.10 pm AWST 1st of September 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Might just be me but I have a bad feeling about this one. Heppell and Hurley are big ins and I can see Saad walking it out of our F50. Conventional wisdom says that we are still a stronger, better-drilled side but with 3 of our top 6 most important players (IMO) riding the pine, I have a bad feeling about it.

Someone convince me otherwise - I got a knot in my stomach the size of a bloody rock

Might just be me but I have a bad feeling about this one. Heppell and Hurley are big ins and I can see Saad walking it out of our F50. Conventional wisdom says that we are still a stronger, better-drilled side but with 3 of our top 6 most important players (IMO) riding the pine, I have a bad feeling about it.

Someone convince me otherwise - I got a knot in my stomach the size of a bloody rock

Heppel and Hurley arent going to turn the mediocre Dons into world beaters. They're underdone and have maybe half a game in them before they are cooked.

Saad is quality but he basically has no one worthwhile to deliver the ball to upfield.

Chill out. They're witches hats.

So Draper is rucking solo without Bellchambers. He’s done that in 3 of his 4 games. In those 3 games he’s lost the hitouts by an average of 11 per game. That would put Essendon 2nd from bottom in hut out differential. Ahead of only the feared Tim English/Dunkley ruck combo...

though the bombers actually were ahead in clearances in those games.

Eagles have the best differential in the league in hit outs. Nic Nat needs to, dominate him tonight, and not only in raw numbers but must give our mids first use

Last edited:
Heppel and Hurley arent going to turn the mediocre Dons into world beaters. They're underdone and have maybe half a game in them before they are cooked.

Saad is quality but he basically has no one worthwhile to deliver the ball to upfield.

Thanks man. I do think it's a danger game but I would love nothing more than Bailey Williams clunking a few and TB giving Joey a bath. I'm usually pretty pragmatic and realistic but struggling tonight!

Thanks man. I do think it's a danger game but I would love nothing more than Bailey Williams clunking a few and TB giving Joey a bath. I'm usually pretty pragmatic and realistic but struggling tonight!

Nah, the Bulldogs and Saints games are danger games. This one we should win comfortably without getting out of second gear.

As long as we arent thinking a week ahead as a playing group, we'll piss this one in.

Nah, the Bulldogs and Saints games are danger games. This one we should win comfortably without getting out of second gear.

As long as we arent thinking a week ahead as a playing group, we'll piss this one in.
I think that's where a bit of this anxiety is from - Dogs and Saints games are danger games, which reinforces the importance of getting out there with a W tonight - knowing what's to come

Why would Hurley be underdone?
He's missed one game.

"No one worthwhile to deliver the ball to".
You don't rate Daniher, Stringer, Hooker, Tipper and Mozzie?

For a side which has only beaten 16th and 18th in Qld, I don't see where your (over)confidence is from TBH.

I hope you're right though:)

Why would Hurley be underdone?
He's missed one game.

"No one worthwhile to deliver the ball to".
You don't rate Daniher, Stringer, Hooker, Tipper and Mozzie?

For a side which has only beaten 16th and 18th in Qld, I don't see where your (over)confidence is from TBH.

I hope you're right though:)

Agree, the bombers forward line is pretty scary really (for an average side). Daniher makes a huge difference. Massive danger game.

Hooker will play back, Stewart will start forward

They have some decent KPPs for sure. So do we though

Remember HoneyBadger35 - maximum bias this week. We need to hear how great West Coast is and how sh*t Essendon and the umps are at every single stoppage. Relying on your "Westo Bias" to get us over the line.

I expect you to tell every Bomber and umpire to piss off at least once.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the idea of badge and co. Doing commentary last game it was out of sinc with my povo channel 7 coverage will this be the case tonight?
Probably. I still listened to the commentary though. Was cool to listen to stuff after it happened, like the Richmond 65m kick. Loved the "starts his run up.....thats bullshit".

Love the idea of badge and co. doing commentary. However last game it was out of sinc with my povo channel 7 coverage, will this be the case tonight?
Hey mate - unavoidably, it will be about 15 seconds behind the live Foxtel/Channel Seven feed because of the way it broadcasts. If you can pause your TV, we explain in the call how to sync it up.

Otherwise it should be live to Kayo if you have that option!

Probably. I still listened to the commentary though. Was cool to listen to stuff after it happened, like the Richmond 65m kick. Loved the "starts his run up.....thats bullshit".
Just went and listened to that bit back...not ideal. Gave it a very well disguised oh fu.....oooor god's sake.

I'm quite nervous for tonight's game. Essendon are a dangerous team when they find momentum and we're not running at full strength. It being another night match in Queensland dents the confidence too.

Head says Essendon by 10, heart says Eagles by 27.

Rumours beginning to swirl that a local favourite might be joining us on the call tonight.

ffeb94918e4fae0d34a4bfdf683c398a.jpg

Mute your TV and listen in from 6pm.
Is there a way of playing the commentary back on delay? I'm going to miss the game and will be watching replay later tonight.

Is there a way of playing the commentary back on delay? I'm going to miss the game and will be watching replay later tonight.
Yeah mate absolutely. Follow the same link above, or subcribe to us on Apple Podcasts/Spotify, and you will be able to listen to them after the fact on demand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day West Coast Eagles vs Essendon Round 15 @ The Gabba Tuesday 6.10 pm AWST 1st of September 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back