2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

What's Barnett's speed like? Is he quick enough to make it as a genuine KPD?

Apparently he was CHB in his draft year but we've tried to get him in as a ruck due to his height.

Absolutely. :thumbsu:

Our player development ( or lack thereof ) has worried me and been a concern, just as much as our Senior Coaches effectiveness.

Player development, in our glory years was something that we did exceptionally well.
After the WAFL Eagles winning 4 consecutive wooden spoons a cleanout is long overdue.
What has the existing development crew developed apart from a loser mentality ?

After the WAFL Eagles winning 4 consecutive wooden spoons a cleanout is long overdue.
What has the existing development crew developed apart from a loser mentality ?
The WAFL team has been deliberately shackled. It's hard to generate a winning culture when the majority of the team are kids and amateurs, with a couple of experienced bodies sprinkled in. They need to renegotiate the deal or leave.

The WAFL team has been deliberately shackled. It's hard to generate a winning culture when the majority of the team are kids and amateurs, with a couple of experienced bodies sprinkled in. They need to renegotiate the deal or leave.

Exactly. They've tried the renegotiate angle a couple of times and it still sucks. How many more years of development are we going to waste trying to get it right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We still making these incorrect claims?
The Eagles are the issue. They don’t recruit. They only used 70% of their points this year?? The deal is good right now, it’s the Eagles not doing their part.
The WAFL clubs are not to blame for the terribly low standards at the Eagles.
The Eagles deal is fine, it’s on them to recruit and yo put a professional system in place to develop.
Stop looking to blame others when it 100% sits at the WCE football club.

We still making these incorrect claims?
The Eagles are the issue. They don’t recruit. They only used 70% of their points this year?? The deal is good right now, it’s the Eagles not doing their part.
The WAFL clubs are not to blame for the terribly low standards at the Eagles.
The Eagles deal is fine, it’s on them to recruit and yo put a professional system in place to develop.
Stop looking to blame others when it 100% sits at the WCE football club.

I'm pretty sure you've said yourself, who would want to play for them? Maybe they can't recruit, because the model sucks. It just won't work.

Who cares who's "fault" it is? It simply doesn't work and wasting another 2 years trying to work it out is an horrendous call

Sorry, wrong thread for it

I'm pretty sure you've said yourself, who would want to play for them? Maybe they can't recruit, because the model sucks. It just won't work.

Who cares who's "fault" it is? It simply doesn't work and wasting another 2 years trying to work it out is an horrendous call

Sorry, wrong thread for it

How will it be better in the VFL?

How will it be better in the VFL?

Like I said, wrong thread so I'll make this my last post on it.

I don't think just joining the current VFL as it's set up is much better, but it's a more even playing field. If there was a proper AFL reserves comp every club would be have the same rules. Same number of ammos/top ups

Currently you have men against boys. Fully developed gun WAFL players beating up on underdeveloped kids and ammos. Whether players should be recruited to the top league that young and not ready is another debate entirely. But an underdeveloped 18 year old going up against a fully grown 28-30 year old beast of a man playing ruck for a WAFL team isn't anyway to develop a young ruckman (as an example)

Ideally we'd have the alignment like Freo/Peel and then kids can play ressies if they're not ready. But in our current situation we should just go old school and split them amongst the WAFL clubs until we can sort out an alignment or a proper AFL ressies

Like I said, wrong thread so I'll make this my last post on it.

I don't think just joining the current VFL as it's set up is much better, but it's a more even playing field. If there was a proper AFL reserves comp every club would be have the same rules. Same number of ammos/top ups

Currently you have men against boys. Fully developed gun WAFL players beating up on underdeveloped kids and ammos. Whether players should be recruited to the top league that young and not ready is another debate entirely. But an underdeveloped 18 year old going up against a fully grown 28-30 year old beast of a man playing ruck for a WAFL team isn't anyway to develop a young ruckman (as an example)

Ideally we'd have the alignment like Freo/Peel and then kids can play ressies if they're not ready. But in our current situation we should just go old school and split them amongst the WAFL clubs until we can sort out an alignment or a proper AFL ressies

Agree it’s the wrong thread and respect your opinion. But please stop blaming the WAFL clubs.

I bet a few better WAFL players just dont want to play for us because they are never guaranteed games, if we have a 40 players healthy, thats 17 of them in the WAFL. If we have 5 decent blokes in the WAFL team already why would any more than that want to join? Theyd get booted for the 18 year olds who are still struggling with WAFL level.

Any reason we dont have a reserves wafl side? or why we dont pair with another reserves side? Could keep a few more actual WAFL players around and gives an option for the less developed kids to sit in the reserves for a bit.

I bet a few better WAFL players just dont want to play for us because they are never guaranteed games, if we have a 40 players healthy, thats 17 of them in the WAFL. If we have 5 decent blokes in the WAFL team already why would any more than that want to join? Theyd get booted for the 18 year olds who are still struggling with WAFL level.

Any reason we dont have a reserves wafl side? or why we dont pair with another reserves side? Could keep a few more actual WAFL players around and gives an option for the less developed kids to sit in the reserves for a bit.

The Eagles are an AFL club and hence their reserves play in the WAFL. The WAFL Eagles can’t have a reserves side.

I still believe if the Eagles get their crap together the WAFL side can work well.

The Eagles are an AFL club and hence their reserves play in the WAFL. The WAFL Eagles can’t have a reserves side.

I still believe if the Eagles get their crap together the WAFL side can work well.
Why dont we have or at least align with a reserves side? We wouldnt ever have more than a couple of players in there, but it would give assurance of game time to more actual WAFL players, which would make the side more attractive, and then more competitive

Why dont we have or at least align with a reserves side? We wouldnt ever have more than a couple of players in there, but it would give assurance of game time to more actual WAFL players, which would make the side more attractive, and then more competitive

Doubt any club would want to do it, for the same reason they don’t want to align with the seniors.

We have had alignments, they don’t work either for the Eagles. Work for all other clubs but not for the Eagles. U til the Eagles get their crap together at the top nothing will ever work below that.

We have had alignments, they don’t work either for the Eagles. Work for all other clubs but not for the Eagles. U til the Eagles get their crap together at the top nothing will ever work below that.
I realise the Eagles' WAFL alignment with East Perth didn't really work for either club.

Do you think the fact that Peel were a very young club without set traditions and history etc. when they aligned with Freo has helped their alignment? Whereas for WAFL clubs with a long history and set of loyal members, aligning is not such a great prospect?

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back