2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The ones that don’t play generally play ammos or country footy. Avery for example has played the whole season at North Freo, so if his primary job is on the mines he’s got a very odd roster.
Does that mean they are fully available though? I dont think these guys will rock up whenever we ask becauuse we asked surely?

Id suggest Avery primary employment in a football sense is North Freo and we are like a casual job to him yeah?

The ones that don’t play generally play ammos or country footy. Avery for example has played the whole season at North Freo, so if his primary job is on the mines he’s got a very odd roster.

Not necessarily, could be on a 4/3 so he's back on weekends

Does that mean they are fully available though? I dont think these guys will rock up whenever we ask becauuse we asked surely?

Id suggest Avery primary employment in a football sense is North Freo and we are like a casual job to him yeah?

I’d suggest he’s in our squad and plays for his ammo club when not selected. Which in his case has been basically every week because he seems to be at the tail end of the squad, but others have been more up and down. Kye Barker for example has been in and out of the side and has played at Wickepin when he’s not in the WAFL.

They do train during the week so I assume they’re told whether they’re in, our or maybes and can plan accordingly. I also assume none of them have FIFO jobs because that wouldn’t really work.

Going through the Budgets I've got a total of 57 points, but Levien and/or Henderson might be less than 5 points now as they've been with us for a while and I had to use last year's figures as they haven't been in a squad all year. Wilson I'm assuming is 1 point as he hasn't been in a squad either.

View attachment 2085201
48 NELSON, Jackson 1 15/03/1996 188 86 Geelong Falcons FC 43

You have to go back to round one 2023 footy budget which shows Nelson as a one pointer not a three pointer.
So it is 55 points.

Caller to 6PR’s rumour file says Gillbee has been “sacked”.

Not sure what that means. Pretty sure he was out with an elbow injury anyway, there’s only one game to go, so I assume he’s been told he’s not required for next year?

On the topic of WAFL reserves, is there a reason why the Beagles wasn't set up as a fully fledged WAFL club with reserves and colts?

Feels like it would be really beneficial not only to players like Barnett but also developing the Beagles top ups & keeping them in the Beagles system when they're not playing seniors for us.

On the topic of WAFL reserves, is there a reason why the Beagles wasn't set up as a fully fledged WAFL club with reserves and colts?

Feels like it would be really beneficial not only to players like Barnett but also developing the Beagles top ups & keeping them in the Beagles system when they're not playing seniors for us.

You would need to redo the recruitment zones if the club was setup with reserves and colts.

WAFL clubs would be pissed if that happened

WAFL clubs would be pissed if that happened

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Just go back to dispersing throughout. How many times were we able to actually ‘implement the AFL side’s gameplan’ anyway? More often than not the Beagles are a piecemeal assembly of the only blokes available.

I’m sure the majority of the time the coaches are just making sure the team is semi functional. I doubt the Beagles coaches can put hand on heart and say they believe the current arrangement is of benefit to the AFL side’s performance and player development.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always been a fan of having our own WAFL team, but now I reckon it needs to be a proper team (Reserves and Colts like Peel). Failing that, we need to align with Perth. Failing that, we need to spread the players around again.

Current system just isn't working.

I also reckon an AFL Reserves is inevitable. Expanded VFL 2.0.

Caller to 6PR’s rumour file says Gillbee has been “sacked”.

Not sure what that means. Pretty sure he was out with an elbow injury anyway, there’s only one game to go, so I assume he’s been told he’s not required for next year?

If he’s been sacked I doubt it’s from the WAFL side as that wouldn’t be particularly newsworthy or something that’s even been decided at this stage

I’d suggest that if true, it would be from his off field role - from listening to him on the coast to coast podcast on occasion he seems a pretty loose unit. Nice enough bloke, but a typical 20 year old

It’s not a stretch to think he’s screwed up and upset somebody

But that’s a guess

Just go back to dispersing throughout. How many times were we able to actually ‘implement the AFL side’s gameplan’ anyway? More often than not the Beagles are a piecemeal assembly of the only blokes available.

I’m sure the majority of the time the coaches are just making sure the team is semi functional. I doubt the Beagles coaches can put hand on heart and say they believe the current arrangement is of benefit to the AFL side’s performance and player development.

What if they put their hands on their wallets?

If he’s been sacked I doubt it’s from the WAFL side as that wouldn’t be particularly newsworthy or something that’s even been decided at this stage

I’d suggest that if true, it would be from his off field role - from listening to him on the coast to coast podcast on occasion he seems a pretty loose unit. Nice enough bloke, but a typical 20 year old

It’s not a stretch to think he’s screwed up and upset somebody

But that’s a guess
too much stick cricket

Players available for final WAFL game against East Fremantle who need to win to secure a finals berth :

Reid
Flynn
Trew
Barnett
Baker
Livingstone
Burgiel
Culley

That’s our lowest AFL listed representation for some time and would be close to a season low

Thirteen players unavailable- the 10 named on the injury list plus Ryan (personal), Gaff (retired) and Witherden (this week’s surprise injury)

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back