2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Review of each player in relative order of performance

-Culley: Very good around the ground marking. Two goals to his name. SHould be next inside mid in.
-Sheed: Made some shocking mistakes but also had 31 touches.
-Baker: Very classy off half back. Scored a very good goal.
-Harvey: Again very classy off half back. big in the last. Shame he didnt play this well on the wing.
-Darling: Good in the ruck with pressure around the contest. Good marking target. Clutch in last 10.
-Chesser: Started very well with his clearance game. Blood nose and being sent off three times derailed his game.
-Reid: Would have been best on if he scored all his easy shots. Serious talent.
-Dewar: Terrible start but recovered to have some very good touches.
-Hall: Accumulated well but disposal pretty mediocre.
-Burgiel: Invisible on the wing. Played quite well on half forward flank and scored important goal.
-Rawlinson: Best game in awhile. Great pressure around the contest when playing in the midfield.
-Bazzo: Good first game back. Looks much more physical than in the past.
-Livingstone: Very good first half competing in the ruck. Removed from ruck in second half.
-Barnett: Probably should be playing WAFL reserves.

Baker / harvey should be in for Jones next week.

I really don't see how Darling fits going forward. He's still reasonable but with Allen, Waterman, Williams and Reid there is no room for him anymore.

He doesn’t fit, unless he’s absolutely bashing the door down and kicking bags each week, the WAFL is where he should stay.

In my opinion the Eagles need keep Chesser, Darling Darling and Sheed in the Beagles. They need to look at the WAFL differently at this point of the clubs history.

Instead of looking at the Beagles as an unfortunate situation. Turn it into a positive, surround the players with more quality ( Players that need more development at lower levels and past champions that can't AFL anymore)

Raise the bottom tier because let's face it without recruiting more mid age players the Eagles are not rising in the next couple of years.

Who is this absolute peanut in the crowd saying Ballll every time an Eagle touches the footy and gets tackled?! Clueless
There is a West Perth supporter who turns up at every game and has voice like a foghorn, how do i put this delicately? I could be wrong but I think he is intellectually challenged, looks like he has a carer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Review of each player in relative order of performance

-Culley: Very good around the ground marking. Two goals to his name. SHould be next inside mid in.
-Sheed: Made some shocking mistakes but also had 31 touches.
-Baker: Very classy off half back. Scored a very good goal.
-Harvey: Again very classy off half back. big in the last. Shame he didnt play this well on the wing.
-Darling: Good in the ruck with pressure around the contest. Good marking target. Clutch in last 10.
-Chesser: Started very well with his clearance game. Blood nose and being sent off three times derailed his game.
-Reid: Would have been best on if he scored all his easy shots. Serious talent.
-Dewar: Terrible start but recovered to have some very good touches.
-Hall: Accumulated well but disposal pretty mediocre.
-Burgiel: Invisible on the wing. Played quite well on half forward flank and scored important goal.
-Rawlinson: Best game in awhile. Great pressure around the contest when playing in the midfield.
-Bazzo: Good first game back. Looks much more physical than in the past.
-Livingstone: Very good first half competing in the ruck. Removed from ruck in second half.
-Barnett: Probably should be playing WAFL reserves.

Baker / harvey should be in for Jones next week.
Great summary. Culley best for mine as well and seriously excited by Archer Reid. Sheed at times was brilliant and looked a class above WAFL level and then almost straight away made a horrific mistake that reminded you why he was in WAFL - probably still our 2nd best but needs to cut out the errors. Really like Harvey Johnston.

Like the positional changes today

Chesser to RR
HJ to HBF
Burgiel to HFF

Can't believe we cant find a winger

Maybe Rubes tomorrow?
Agree with the changes, I still think Chess is best suited to inside mid. Burgiel showed some nice skills to put players into space but still needs 4Q games.

I hope Schofield tweaks the game plan so our wingers actually have an active role to play. Plenty of teams have showed how damaging a winger can be in a good system in modern footy.

Archer Reid showed what he is capable of today, having Darling in the same F50 will make a huge difference for his development. Would love to see him get a go at AFL level if/when his body is ready, enormous ceiling.

In my opinion the Eagles need keep Chesser, Darling Darling and Sheed in the Beagles. They need to look at the WAFL differently at this point of the clubs history.

Instead of looking at the Beagles as an unfortunate situation. Turn it into a positive, surround the players with more quality ( Players that need more development at lower levels and past champions that can't AFL anymore)

Raise the bottom tier because let's face it without recruiting more mid age players the Eagles are not rising in the next couple of years.

if we are to truly embrace the rebuild then we desperately need a competitive WAFL side that helps develop talent

Not seeing where he
if we are to truly embrace the rebuild then we desperately need a competitive WAFL side that helps develop talent
Again, dropping underperforming credits crew is a win win in all scenarios. We reward good performances, therefore everyone's inspired to try hard. We raise standards and accountability.
Also we have a greater chance at winning wafl games, further inspiring inter fully efforts and a winning mentality.
Credits crew get a chance to find form

Fourth win of the year for the Beagles and off the bottom of the ladder

2021 - 4 wins (65.21%)
2022 - 1 win (48.95%)
2023 - 1 draw (39.17%)
2024 - 4 wins (60.29%)

Improvement has come with better availability

Have a bye next week then -
Subiaco (7th) at Leederville
Perth (10th) at MRP
East Perth (2nd) at MRP
Claremont (5th) at Claremont
East Fremantle (6th) at TBC

If they can pinch 2 of those and build their percentage above 65 it becomes a half decent season all things considered

Fourth win of the year for the Beagles and off the bottom of the ladder

2021 - 4 wins (65.21%)
2022 - 1 win (48.95%)
2023 - 1 draw (39.17%)
2024 - 4 wins (60.29%)

Improvement has come with better availability

Have a bye next week then -
Subiaco (7th) at Leederville
Perth (10th) at MRP
East Perth (2nd) at MRP
Claremont (5th) at Claremont
East Fremantle (6th) at TBC

If they can pinch 2 of those and build their percentage above 65 it becomes a half decent season all things considered
Bye not ideal.

Match sim against Peel who have a bye too? They probably would love the bye with finals coming up

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back