2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Wafl used to play 20 games a few years back but decided to cut it to 18 games to save costs.
Anyone who looks at attendances will see how woeful attendances are at west coast games.
Any team playing West coast three times in a year and two being at home will most probably not break even.
Also means you play very team twice
Lets' face it Eagles supporters don't attend Wafl games.

Perhaps if they were made competitive, they would.

Restrict everything so they are belted and then complain there are no attendances. I would go and take my young bloke but I won’t given it is usually a 65-120 schlacking. If I am one of those, then there are others.

Someone mentioned they noticed the balaconies empty during the match and wondered if there were players there watching the Beagles.
There were.

View attachment 2047327

they were just out of the telecasts view.

So was Rotham held over then?

Who locked down on Keitel to keep him to 6 after he kicked the first 4 of the match?

Did they persist with Ruscoe or use someone else, Bazzo maybe?

The last quarter Ruscoe was still marking him, but after that initial flurry he didn't do a great deal.

A Reid with 3.4 seems a good return. Didn't watch the game, anyone think he's a chance to sneak a game later this year? Or build him up through the preseason and maybe debut next year?

Fair draw seems enough. No reason if the Eagles and Dockers want game time for their ressies they don’t just organise an unofficial game between them
No problem with all teams playing twice so 18 games. And thus a five game difference between 1sts and 2nds (i.e. only 78%).

Beagles v Peel also okay. But not five times.

I don’t know if WCE is zoned with half the state but if so playing scratchies there could assist in talent identification. (And I don’t think the dollars would be an issue.)

Just purely trying to think outside the box to find ways to make the Beagles (and hence Eagles) better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pleased with that (just from looking at the stats like a reporter from The West), seems all the forwards contributed, solid signs from Reid, Culley pushing for a recall, Chesser played in a position that allowed him to actually touch the ball.

A Reid with 3.4 seems a good return. Didn't watch the game, anyone think he's a chance to sneak a game later this year? Or build him up through the preseason and maybe debut next year?
He was very very good, just the finishing let him down early. Could have easily finished with a bag.

Bless you Beagles you beautiful bastards. Young bloke was starting to wane on the side lately.

He's right into the AFL app at the moment, checking the recent W/L record etc. Started to suggest he might jump off the train.

Such an awesome win to watch today, huddled around the laptop with him. Spent plenty of time in the red and I kept telling him there was game to play. Full time, YouTube fired up and Eagles (shitty) song on blast.

He was so geed up he almost took his Eagles bear to the rugby this arvo. Thankfully he did not.

Up the bloody coasters!! Regardless of tomorrow the chests are puffed out over here and we got the Dub

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back