2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Perth makes the most sense but oh well.

Bring on the AFL Reserves.
That's not happening, pretty sure they wanted us to foot the travel bill for the eastern states teams to bring their reserves teams over (similar to what they did with the Western Reds which eventually lead to the them folding)

Swans Sign Zane Trew​

Swan Districts is delighted to announce strong and crafty midfielder Zane Trew has agreed to return to the club on a two year contract.

The 22 year old was drafted by West Coast Eagles in 2021 and debuted in his second season playing a total 13 AFL games across 4 seasons.

Swans Sign Zane Trew​

Swan Districts is delighted to announce strong and crafty midfielder Zane Trew has agreed to return to the club on a two year contract.

The 22 year old was drafted by West Coast Eagles in 2021 and debuted in his second season playing a total 13 AFL games across 4 seasons.
Biggie 's mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Jones has gone to Souths and Trew to the Swans

I hope we can somehow retain Baker for our WAFL side - was from East Perth originally which would be a tough side to crack. Would be handy in the Beagles

So Jones has gone to Souths and Trew to the Swans

I hope we can somehow retain Baker for our WAFL side - was from East Perth originally which would be a tough side to crack. Would be handy in the Beagles

Any idea what Ruscoes plans are? Kids been doing heaps of offseason work already. Training down houses etc.

Not ideal, but can't blame him wanting to go back to his roots.

This is the problem with the Beagles however, loosing/not being able to recruit sold WAFL level players who will play the majority of the season and bring stability/class to the team, which by its nature should be a very fluid line up week to week.

Any idea what Ruscoes plans are? Kids been doing heaps of offseason work already. Training down houses etc.

No idea, however whilst he’s still working for the club in community development he’ll be either playing for the Beagles or not at all

If he goes to another WAFL club he loses his job

I actually wouldn't be opposed to dumping Witherden and replacing him with Trey

Witho survived this far because he is compliant to structures and sets us up vocally behind the ball. Despite his physical shortcomings he has a good footy brain.

The problem for him now is convincing Mini he can digest and relay the new game plan over the course of a preseason. Changing of the coach has come at an inopportune time for Witho, he might be a prime candidate for a WAFL spot if he chooses to stay in WA. Seems like a nice fella and well liked by his teammates.

Witho survived this far because he is compliant to structures and sets us up vocally behind the ball. Despite his physical shortcomings he has a good footy brain.

The problem for him now is convincing Mini he can digest and relay the new game plan over the course of a preseason. Changing of the coach has come at an inopportune time for Witho, he might be a prime candidate for a WAFL spot if he chooses to stay in WA. Seems like a nice fella and well liked by his teammates.

I’ve posted before that I think there’s a role for Witherden as a playing assistant/development coach for the WAFL side

It would be a similar path into coaching that McQualter followed - he was originally a playing development coach for the Richmond VFL side from 2014 according to Wiki

The few times I've listened to Witherden he sounds like quite the intellectual. Definitely not some yobbo mouth breather. Unfortunately his on field skillset doesn't match his intellectual ability. But he may even craft out a decent career under Mini for all we know.

I’ve posted before that I think there’s a role for Witherden as a playing assistant/development coach for the WAFL side

It would be a similar path into coaching that McQualter followed - he was originally a playing development coach for the Richmond VFL side from 2014 according to Wiki
Agree, he is the best bet to sign on at WAFL eagles if delisted.

No ties to any other WAFL club, from all reports loves living in Perth, and is highly respected at the club in regards to his footy brain and links to being a future coach.

If you can secure him along with Rusco, Nelson (who knows where his body is at), Sparks and recruit 2 or 3 other quality WAFL players you are on your way to improving our issue.

If we compare with Peel, they have a couple quality older local leaders, few ex AFL players and then young kids who have missed the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back