West Coast Team of this Century (So Far)

Remove this Banner Ad

kreuze control

Team Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Strathmore
AFL Club
Carlton
hi guys,
i've come up with this team as your best of this century so far. this is not taking into account anything any player done prior to the year 2000, even if they played in both eras i was only considering their performances post 2000-. this is for a book i am one of the contributors for due to be released in 2015. thoughts?

FB: D.WIRRPANDA D.GLASS* S.HURN*
HB: B.WATERS* G.JAKOVICH M.BRAUN
C: A.SELWOOD D.KERR* C.FLETCHER
HF: A.EMBLEY* Q.LYNCH L.SHUEY*
FF: PH.MATERA J.KENNEDY* M.LE CRAS*
RR: D.COX* C.JUDD (vc) B.COUSINS (c)
INT: M.GARDINER M.PRIDDIS* T.STENGLEIN A.HUNTER
COACH: JOHN WORSFOLD*

By 2015 Naitanui will be comfortably ahead of Gardiner, if he's not already :D

Would like to see Banfield in there somehow, not sure who goes out though. Maybe Shuey, not sure he's done enough to this point.

Other than that it's a good effort. I'd have Braun on the wing, Hunter in the backline and Selwood on the bench.

hi guys,
i've come up with this team as your best of this century so far. this is not taking into account anything any player done prior to the year 2000, even if they played in both eras i was only considering their performances post 2000-. this is for a book i am one of the contributors for due to be released in 2015. thoughts?

FB: D.WIRRPANDA D.GLASS* S.HURN*
HB: B.WATERS* G.JAKOVICH M.BRAUN
C: A.SELWOOD D.KERR* C.FLETCHER
HF: A.EMBLEY* Q.LYNCH L.SHUEY*
FF: PH.MATERA J.KENNEDY* M.LE CRAS*
RR: D.COX* C.JUDD (vc) B.COUSINS (c)
INT: M.GARDINER M.PRIDDIS* T.STENGLEIN A.HUNTER
COACH: JOHN WORSFOLD*
Nice team. :thumbsu:
Would maybe remove Braun and put in Rowan Jones (much to the chagrin of some of my fellow posters). Maybe Daniel Chick too, but I'm not sure on that one.

217915_266943183416461_1493690128_n.jpg

I would have nic nat ahead of Gardiner. Better ruck man, had a greater impact in a shorter time and a better bloke.
Hasn't crashed his car yet either ;) Isn't it amazing that Gardy was the man and Cox was seen as the understudy in 2003 ish.. how the tide turned and how quickly it did so.

Davis Gaspar B Wilkes
J Jones Spangher Stevenson

Houlihan Cockie McNamara

Mckinley McDougall M Morton
Neates T Notte S Armstrong

Ruck: P Johnson Adkins C Chambers

Bench: K Green, Haynes, C Jones, Munro
JON misses out?
PETER MATERA NOT GETTING A GIG?!?!?!
Although he was great I don't think his impact in the period referred to was the same as the 90's? Maybe that's why? Else I would agree..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FB: swiftsaaaaaa swiftsaaaaaa swiftsaaaaaa
HB: swiftsaaaaaa swiftsaaaaaa swiftsaaaaaa
C: swiftsaaaaaa swiftsaaaaaa swiftsaaaaaa
HF: swiftsaaaaaa swiftsaaaaaa swiftsaaaaaa
FF: swiftsaaaaaa swiftsaaaaaa swiftsaaaaaa
FOL: swiftsaaaaaa swiftsaaaaaa swiftsaaaaaa
INT: swiftsaaaaaa swiftsaaaaaa swiftsaaaaaa
SUB: swiftsaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast Team of this Century (So Far)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back