West Coast Team of this Century (So Far)

Remove this Banner Ad

For mine the focus would very much be on the 2006 Premiership team
FB: Wirrpanda Glass Waters
HB: Hurn Hunter A.Selwood
C: Fletcher Cousins Braun
HF: Embley Kennedy R.Jones
FF: Lecras Lynch Ph.Matera
R: Cox Judd Kerr
Int: Chick, Stenglein, Banfield, Naitanui

Possible additions in 2015: S.Selwood, Masten, EMac, Darling, Gaff, Spangher, Rosa, Priddis, Shuey

FB: D.WIRRPANDA D.GLASS* S.HURN*
HB: B.WATERS* G.JAKOVICH M.BRAUN
C: A.SELWOOD D.KERR* C.FLETCHER
HF: A.EMBLEY* Q.LYNCH L.SHUEY*
FF: PH.MATERA J.KENNEDY* M.LE CRAS*
RR: D.COX* C.JUDD (vc) B.COUSINS (c)
INT: M.GARDINER M.PRIDDIS* T.STENGLEIN A.HUNTER
COACH: JOHN WORSFOLD*
Maybe switch A Selwood and Worsfold for Chick and Judge

current forward line, 06 midfield and 94 backline?

Soo....

B: Brennan - McIntosh - Hart
HB: Worsfold - Jakovich - McKenna
C: Braun - Cousins - Embley
HF: Shuey - Kennedy - LeCras
F: Hill - Darling - Naitanui
R: Cox - Judd - Kerr
Int: Waterman (94) - Banfield (94, 06) - Stenglein (06) - Priddis (Current)

??

Glass to captain, Cousins to VC.

I disagree with this. Although Glass is a stand up guy, and a good solid captain, he does his job each week but doesnt inspire the team or drag them over the line like Cuz did. Say what you want of the bloke off the field, but onfield, very few captains gave thier all for thier team onfield and pushed so hard for the win like Cuz.

hi guys,
i've come up with this team as your best of this century so far. this is not taking into account anything any player done prior to the year 2000, even if they played in both eras i was only considering their performances post 2000-. this is for a book i am one of the contributors for due to be released in 2015. thoughts?

Impressive effort. I'd probably look to move Hunter to CHB because I'm not sure exactly how well Jacko played 2000-2004 (early season retirement iirc?). I'd get rid of Gardy just because I used to love the bloke and he just ruined himself, he could do anything but just pissed it all away.

Also, if ASel is in the team he's on the bench.

Glass for skipper too.

Gardy was only good in the early years of the last decade and even then he was always injured...he was a gun in the early parts of his playing days though.

I have to still chose Cousins as captain over Glass as he was injured in the last few years of that decade. Cousins on field was just so awesome to watch and you knew he would if the team if we were down.

I disagree with this. Although Glass is a stand up guy, and a good solid captain, he does his job each week but doesnt inspire the team or drag them over the line like Cuz did. Say what you want of the bloke off the field, but onfield, very few captains gave thier all for thier team onfield and pushed so hard for the win like Cuz.

I absolutely love Cousins, don't get me wrong, but he did bring the club to its knees and we are still paying the price to this day. Glassy has also captained the side for longer and has also captained the AA squad. For these reasons I think he should be in over Cuz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soo....

B: Brennan - McIntosh - Hart
HB: Worsfold - Jakovich - McKenna
C: Braun - Cousins - Embley
HF: Shuey - Kennedy - LeCras
F: Hill - Darling - Naitanui
R: Cox - Judd - Kerr
Int: Waterman (94) - Banfield (94, 06) - Stenglein (06) - Priddis (Current)

??

lecras (11),
and replace shuey with nicoski (11) [only to get a more instinctive goal sneak in there]

I absolutely love Cousins, don't get me wrong, but he did bring the club to its knees and we are still paying the price to this day. Glassy has also captained the side for longer and has also captained the AA squad. For these reasons I think he should be in over Cuz.

See, I disagree with that Sw3et. Sure he did some stupid sh1t (I mean what person hasnt in thier life?), and he could of done a lot of things better off field, but the thing that brought our club to its knees was the AFL and Vlad's persecution of us for the so called bad image we were giving the AFL (which is funny considering what is happening right now with Essendon and the AFL havent said a word about the disrepute thing). My opinion is that footballers are there to win you games as thats thier job, and i know a lot of people disagree with me there, but i think this whole role model thing is just a cop out. If i got up to mischief as a young bloke it wasnt because someone on tv was doing it, its a decision you make on your own based on how you feel at the time. Its more likely to be friends and social circles that lead people astray than anything else. Anyway, i digress, but my point is any team of the century or hall of fame decision should be based on footy imo, as its not the Australian Nice Guy & All Round Good Bloke team of the century. based on purely footballing alone, Cuz should be captain imo.

See, I disagree with that Sw3et. Sure he did some stupid sh1t (I mean what person hasnt in thier life?), and he could of done a lot of things better off field, but the thing that brought our club to its knees was the AFL and Vlad's persecution of us for the so called bad image we were giving the AFL (which is funny considering what is happening right now with Essendon and the AFL havent said a word about the disrepute thing). My opinion is that footballers are there to win you games as thats thier job, and i know a lot of people disagree with me there, but i think this whole role model thing is just a cop out. If i got up to mischief as a young bloke it wasnt because someone on tv was doing it, its a decision you make on your own based on how you feel at the time. Its more likely to be friends and social circles that lead people astray than anything else. Anyway, i digress, but my point is any team of the century or hall of fame decision should be based on footy imo, as its not the Australian Nice Guy & All Round Good Bloke team of the century. based on purely footballing alone, Cuz should be captain imo.

Agree 100%. I know we were royally ****ed over by the AFL, but still, it is as a result of Ben's actions. People make mistakes, I do love the bloke and he's an absolute champion of the game, but I just think it's a bit inappropriate to have him be the captain of a side which has been through hell and made it out of the other side without him. I feel Glassy is the "redeeming" captain and is the figurehead for our rise from the bottom and should be the main man in our best 22 of the 2000's. For a respectable side, you need a respectable captain.

hi guys,
i've come up with this team as your best of this century so far. this is not taking into account anything any player done prior to the year 2000, even if they played in both eras i was only considering their performances post 2000-. this is for a book i am one of the contributors for due to be released in 2015. thoughts?

Would replace Shuey and Gardiner with NN and Banfield. Other than that this side would win a premiership.

I'll second or third Glass being Captain and Cuz being VC. If not then Glass should at least be VC.

Would like to fit Daniel Chick in there somehow for his 2006 GF exploits.

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast Team of this Century (So Far)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back