Preview West Coast vs Essendon, Perth Stadium, Thursday 21/06/18 @ 8:10 PM AEDT

Who will score more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennedy listed as doubtful and may miss a few weeks. What does that do to our backline? Would we be too tall with Hurley and Hooker down back?

Kennedy listed as doubtful and may miss a few weeks. What does that do to our backline? Would we be too tall with Hurley and Hooker down back?
No, they still play tall. Waterman, Brander, Lycett/Nic Nat and probably McInness (didn't play for EP on Sunday, probably held over for JJK). With that in mind, I don't see us dropping Dea.

Dea-Waterman
Francis-Brander
Hooker-McInness
Hurley-NN/Lycett
Saad-Ryan
McKenna-Rioli
Goddard-LeCras

its been too quiet on the positive reinforcement and the parochial crowd v umpire thing - we need it to kick off again in the media so the umpires can swing violently our way to make a point
Last time we played them in Perth the free kicks were 20 to 12 in West Coast favour. This is better than how we usually fare against them.

And it is not just the number of frees. Their frees are early in the game and tiggy touchwood in front of goal.

Ours are in the back pocket etc. And despite the same tiggy touchwood tactics by West Coast backs on our forwards, the umpires turn a blind eye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The general mood around here is that we have blown it and wont make the finals. The interesting thing is though that one half of a season doesn't necessarily tell you much about the other half. Form is a big factor of course so you sort of have to look at whether a teams form is representative of the teams ability from the available list. In our case i think we can all agree that we have under performed, particularly given that injury wise we are not too badly off. People also tend to think that we should win the easy games and lose the harder ones, but i don't think that rule applies very well to a good side. A good side can beat anyone on their day and yet the competition is even enough for a poor team to beat a good one if they don't turn up.
If you look at the season as starting again this week with those points in mind, i personally would expect us to do better than in the first half. That would get us at the very least, really close to playing finals. A win this week would be massive in that context.

The general mood around here is that we have blown it and wont make the finals. The interesting thing is though that one half of a season doesn't necessarily tell you much about the other half. Form is a big factor of course so you sort of have to look at whether a teams form is representative of the teams ability from the available list. In our case i think we can all agree that we have under performed, particularly given that injury wise we are not too badly off. People also tend to think that we should win the easy games and lose the harder ones, but i don't think that rule applies very well to a good side. A good side can beat anyone on their day and yet the competition is even enough for a poor team to beat a good one if they don't turn up.
If you look at the season as starting again this week with those points in mind, i personally would expect us to do better than in the first half. That would get us at the very least, really close to playing finals. A win this week would be massive in that context.

Effectively three games out. Take into account Roos and Port remaining soft draw ( and even Pies) and very unlikely

Let's hope we pull a Melbourne 2000 last half of the season, winning 11 of our last 12 games before losing to Essendon by 60 points in the Grand Final.

... Wait what

No, they still play tall. Waterman, Brander, Lycett/Nic Nat and probably McInness (didn't play for EP on Sunday, probably held over for JJK). With that in mind, I don't see us dropping Dea.

Dea-Waterman
Francis-Brander
Hooker-McInness
Hurley-NN/Lycett
Saad-Ryan
McKenna-Rioli
Goddard-LeCras

Extremely inexperienced forward line without Jack and Josh, If we let that forward line kick over 80 points we haven't really tried.

Extremely inexperienced forward line without Jack and Josh, If we let that forward line kick over 80 points we haven't really tried.

They may swing Gov forward as they have done in the past. I rate our backs over the rest of the team and I think WC might too.

They may swing Gov forward as they have done in the past. I rate our backs over the rest of the team and I think WC might too.

Yeah Gov forward would be a decent option for them as we don't have a forward who can really take the game apart.
If Gov stays back then this game could end 70-55 or something like that, No way one team should be conceding over 100 points (providing the Js are missing) and if they did it's a work rate issue.

I wouldn't be shocked to see them play Nic Nat majority forward.

They have like no fit key defenders either though. Barrass has injured his back, Schofield I believe is still out and Mackenzie won't get up due to it being a Thursday game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back