Preview West Coast vs Essendon, Perth Stadium, Thursday 21/06/18 @ 8:10 PM AEDT

Who will score more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree. The math is kind of irrelevant, the issue is form and ceiling. Our recent form has been slowly improving (I thought Brisbane were pretty good), and our ceiling is up there with the contenders. That means there is nothing stopping us having a really good second half of the season. Sure it's more likely that we fall away again, but i think there is a fallacy in extrapolating from one half of a season and presuming the outcome. Winning 7 games out of 9 is perfectly achievable for a good side in good form.

Well you're sort of contradicting yourself. On one hand you're saying we shouldn't 'presume the outcome' based on a half a season. But then you're saying our 'recent form' (assuming you mean the past four rounds) is slowly improving, giving us a chance.

Not having a go or wanting to rain on your parade or anything, but we'd need to win 7 or 8 out of the remaining 9, with 6 of those remaining games coming against top 8 sides. It's quite simply not going to happen. I'd rather have a realistic outlook, hope to win the games we should win and finish off the year as best we can.

I would have thought Saad would go to one of the quicker players like Ryan or Rioli

Saad can play on all 3 by himself

Your forms been good since sacking Neeld. Add the fact eagles key forwards out and you guys fresh off the bye.
My biggest concerns are
- We dont have any decent tall forwards at the moment.
- Whether or not we will run defensively/ pressure around the ground.
- If we will keep bombing long straight into defenders like last week.

I would have thought Saad would go to one of the quicker players like Ryan or Rioli
Watching Ryan closely against Sydney last week he seemed a bit lazy and not much of a defensive game. I'd have Saad go to him and hopefully exploit him going the other way.

Well you're sort of contradicting yourself. On one hand you're saying we shouldn't 'presume the outcome' based on a half a season. But then you're saying our 'recent form' (assuming you mean the past four rounds) is slowly improving, giving us a chance.

Not having a go or wanting to rain on your parade or anything, but we'd need to win 7 or 8 out of the remaining 9, with 6 of those remaining games coming against top 8 sides. It's quite simply not going to happen. I'd rather have a realistic outlook, hope to win the games we should win and finish off the year as best we can.
We can beat four of the teams in the top 8. We beat cats. Tigers we can't beat. Unlikely we get 7 but if we win tommorow it's game on. Go bombers

We can beat four of the teams in the top 8. We beat cats. Tigers we can't beat. Unlikely we get 7 but if we win tommorow it's game on. Go bombers
We need some luck. We need some teams to drop off, get injuries ect. Best to bring in our new kids into an exciting, winning team. If we finish 9th no worries.

We can beat all the teams in the top 8 including Richmond...... We can also lose to all the teams in the bottom 8. WE ARE ESSENDON.

But no we're not making finals.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every team in the competition is capable of winning one week and losing the next. Hardly worth mentioning. Pretty sure it was the tigers not that long ago that would never win, that would always finish 9th? Why even follow a team if you have zero optimism?

Losses to Carlton and Bulldogs killed any finals chances we had on that note I wouldn't be one bit surprised if we beat the Eagles and then lose to North the following week.

WE ARE ESSENDON

Please B4L I have epilepsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back