AFLW West Coast Womens 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

On recent form we should beat Port, lose to the Hawks and Freo, then beat the Cats and Swans. Especially if we get a few of our better injured players back.

If that happens, we'll finish 7 from 11. Sure, pretty easy draw, but even so, crazy turnaround from every previous season.

Is Zippy now out of reach? 😅

She may be but I don't think its a certainty that she will be gone, as there is a lot of good talent in the first this year.

The WA kid who I would take ahead of Zippy is Molly O'Hehir , I rate her very highly and think she has a skill set that suits where the AFLW is going.

This opinion will most likely place me in the minority, but thats not unusual ;)

On recent form we should beat Port, lose to the Hawks and Freo, then beat the Cats and Swans. Especially if we get a few of our better injured players back.

If that happens, we'll finish 7 from 11. Sure, pretty easy draw, but even so, crazy turnaround from every previous season.
Cats playing so far below their ceiling, that will be a very big game. Win that and we’re absolutely ready.

7 from 11 for a program that had won 8 games in total in the first five years would be beyond anyone’s wildest dreams.

Cats playing so far below their ceiling, that will be a very big game. Win that and we’re absolutely ready.

7 from 11 for a program that had won 8 games in total in the first five years would be beyond anyone’s wildest dreams.
Agree about the Cats, but the thing is, previous seasons we've been the team that plays badly because our fundamentals are poor. This season, other teams are playing badly against us -- GWS was pretty ordinary, Richmond in Round 1 were attrocious, there's something about the way Daisy has them playing that other teams don't like. It might just be the scouting job she does, she was talking post-game about how they disrupted GWS's handball game.
She may be but I don't think its a certainty that she will be gone, as there is a lot of good talent in the first this year.

The WA kid who I would take ahead of Zippy is Molly O'Hehir , I rate her very highly and think she has a skill set that suits where the AFLW is going.

This opinion will most likely place me in the minority, but thats not unusual ;)
I think they're both terrific, but I'd still take Zippy over Molly. The only other player I've seen with Zippy's attributes is Conti, and we know how that turned out. And sure, Zippy might slip in the draft because she didn't have the most amazing State Champs, she showed she can be shut down a little when the game's not going her way, while the other top picks probably won't be. But there's no way either of them will be available for any team that makes finals, outside of the usual pre-draft horsetrading.

Which is fine, because it means the AFLW will start equalising very quickly over the next few years with all the talent coming through in a proper national draft. Collingwood aren't too bad when their stars aren't injured, but this draft they might land Ash Centra, which turns their midfield from okay to scary. The next three years will see the standard of play transform -- Hawthorn are the obvious example, loaded with brilliant kids, have a great coach and a few Irish stars and they're thrashing everyone except the very top teams.

I'm hoping as her Fourth club she actually is done with her adventures and sees our her career here 🙏 😀 Drenno has been immense for our improvement and an experienced head thru the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roberts would have to be in the conversation for the league BnF atm right? Or am I just biased because I don't really watch any non WCE games
She's 7th in the coaches votes atm. Don't think she could win the B&F but she should finish top 10, maybe top 5 if she finishes the year well

Roberts would have to be in the conversation for the league BnF atm right? Or am I just biased because I don't really watch any non WCE games
AA but not league B&F

I tell who you will go close

Aisling McCarthy. She’s been exceptional this season and kicking goals

maybe top 5 if she finishes the year well
Mad Max Reaction GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW West Coast Womens 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back