Official Team Thread West Coast Wonders Season 37 Team Thread - B&F Crowned 👑 dogs105

Remove this Banner Ad

Story time

Seven Wonders of the World
A group of students were asked to list what they thought were the present "Seven Wonders of the World."

Though there were some disagreements, the following received the most votes:

1. AnUltimateRessie
2. Dogs105
3. DenieD
4. Grand Uncle Horace
5. BallaratBulldog
6. ClarkeM
7. Harpsicord

While gathering the votes, the teacher noted that one student had not finished her paper yet. So she asked the girl if she was having trouble with her list. The girl replied, "Yes, a little. I couldn't quite make up my mind because there were so many."

The teacher said, "Well, tell us what you have, and maybe we can
help."

The girl hesitated, then read, "I think the 'Seven Wonders of the World' are:

1. to see

ATT1212.jpg

2. to hear

ATT2323.jpg

3. to touch

ATT3434.jpg

4. to taste

ATT4545.jpg

5. to smell

ATT6767.jpg

6. to feel

ATT5656.jpg

7. and to love."

ATT7878.jpg

The room was so quiet you could have heard a pin drop. The things we overlook as simple and ordinary and that we take for granted are truly wondrous! A gentle reminder -- that the most precious things in life cannot be built by hand or bought by man.

Rounds 17,20 New
1719574092311.png

Baghdad Bombers (18.12 120) defeated by West Coast Wonders (19.7 121)

The leaderboard is (probably) heating up as we faced the Bombers for the second time this season and it was a thriller at the prison!

It was eight points the difference going into the final break as the Bombers looked likely to defeat us for the second time this season but it was the unlikely hero of our full back, LukeParkerno1 who booted through the winning goal to ensure that we locked in a season 37 finals berth.

DenieD was starting to get nervous about the FRED medal at this point and was joined by LukeParkerno1 as the leading goal kickers with 4 goals each. HARPSichord was elite with 25 disposals, 9 tackles, eight frees for and two goals.

Wonders BnF (28).jpg

View attachment 2032909

Our first award of the night is the very important, captains award!

This poster took the first couple of weeks to truly figure out what the Sweet F.A was about but quickly became a witty and much loved figure around the club! Getting involved in nearly every aspect of the club since.

Although this poster only won the award because HARPSichord told me I couldn't award myself. It's still very much deserved and we'll hopefully be seeing much much more from you in season 38 and beyond.

Congratulations BFew!

View attachment 2032914
Congratulations BFew !!

View attachment 2033027

One of the hardest awards to decide this season after a fantastic rookie crop this season.

Oisin_the_Goat and dino_67 were fantastic when they popped their head in!

BigChippa52's stories about his football career and all around presence in the dms and in the threads (especially early season) were fantastic to see and will definitely be one to watch grow next season!

BFew just put hundreds of dollars into my bank account to win this award and very much warmed into the place as the season went on with a late season move to the midfield evidence of his posting activity and quality.

but in the end, I refuse to have co-winners, and with that there must be just one winner.

She should've won the EKA, was elite in every single match thread, led our posting this season, WON the rising star, and was absolutely robbed of an All-SFA position.

Congratulations to our season 37 rookie of the season, Pamcake1

View attachment 2033033

...and with that I can no longer call you five 'rookies' congratulations on a fantastic season.

Congratulations Pamcake1!

View attachment 2032987

This award is voted on by YOU! Yes, that's right as a West Coast Wonder you had the opportunity to vote on three categories, quantity, quality, and simulation and there were actually two winners! Disgustingly, I would say, co-winners :sick:

On the activity vote, Pamcake1 polled strongly alongside AnUltimateRessie.

Quality was a close one with seven individual posters receiving votes but unsurprisingly, it was HARPSichord who led the tally.

Finally, it was no contest in the simulation vote with dogs105 having a clear majority.

Overall, and this season Wonders' Wonders of the season as voted by YOU! was....

AnUltimateRessie and dogs105!

Congratulations.....

View attachment 2032996
Congratulations AnUltimateRessie!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1719574538049.png

West Coast Wonders (22.12 144) defeated by Ophidian Old Boys (22.14 146)

The eventual premiership winners, the Ophidian Old Boys, kicked us out of the top four in the last round of the season after an incredibly close match up in fine weather.

The story of the day came from B "Harley Reid" Few as he put in a record breaking rookie effort with a huge day that included 34 disposals, 7 tackles, and six mother****ing goals. What a clinic - 154 dream team points. ClarkeM was nothing in comparison but would've been best on ground in any other week with 30 disposals, 7 marks, 3 tackles, and two goals.

Wonders BnF (29).jpg

That's the end of the home and away season. croweater 41 medal and the elimination final still to come before we award our best and fairest.​

View attachment 2033073

The posting award is quiet simply the poster who posted the most posts....
There were five different posters that yapped the most in a week with Pamcake1, AnUltimateRessie, Cubs2Lions, BFew, and dogs105 having their weeks as the most chatty Wonder.
but overall there is just one name that engaged their team and opposition and kept the match thread alive all season long and maybe it would be a shock to those that looked at the round 1 match thread, where they posted just four times....
Hold off that speech Pamcake1 because with 1480 posts in match threads this season, you win the season 37 posting award!
Congratulations!
View attachment 2033080

View attachment 2033083
Well done Pamcake1!

View attachment 2033096

West Coast Wonders (22.12 144) defeated by Ophidian Old Boys (22.14 146)

The eventual premiership winners, the Ophidian Old Boys, kicked us out of the top four in the last round of the season after an incredibly close match up in fine weather.

The story of the day came from B "Harley Reid" Few as he put in a record breaking rookie effort with a huge day that included 34 disposals, 7 tackles, and six mother****ing goals. What a clinic - 154 dream team points. ClarkeM was nothing in comparison but would've been best on ground in any other week with 30 disposals, 7 marks, 3 tackles, and two goals.

View attachment 2033100

That's the end of the home and away season. croweater 41 medal and the elimination final still to come before we award our best and fairest.​
Harley Reid wishes he was BFew

Leading Goal Kicker New
Wonders BnF (32).jpg

That concludes our count.

Before I crown our best and fairest I would like to thank HARPSichord, Cubs2Lions, ClarkeM, and DenieD on keeping the place running alongside me as my leadership group and to thank you all on a fantastic season. It was truly a very fun season to part of and I hope we can build on the fun aspect of the league and less of the shitty parts in season 38.

Thank you HARPSichord, ClarkeM, and DenieD for also helping me out with some round writeups. I, as per usual, was terribly disorganised. Thanks for the chop out.

Alright, onto the winners.

Fifth Place New
He was dominant at the start of the season in the sim and in the match thread and would've won the Mobbs medal if someone didn't move him to the half back flank....

Congratulations Cubs2Lions on your top five finish.

Wonders BnF (33).jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back