Official Team Thread West Coast Wonders Season 37 Team Thread - B&F Crowned 👑 dogs105

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 2032987

This award is voted on by YOU! Yes, that's right as a West Coast Wonder you had the opportunity to vote on three categories, quantity, quality, and simulation and there were actually two winners! Disgustingly, I would say, co-winners :sick:

On the activity vote, Pamcake1 polled strongly alongside AnUltimateRessie.

Quality was a close one with seven individual posters receiving votes but unsurprisingly, it was HARPSichord who led the tally.

Finally, it was no contest in the simulation vote with dogs105 having a clear majority.

Overall, and this season Wonders' Wonders of the season as voted by YOU! was....

AnUltimateRessie and dogs105!

Congratulations.....

View attachment 2032996
Dingster ”sexy dogs” comment incoming.

Congrats folks.

1719571207649.png

West Coast Wonders (17.7 109) defeated by Dragons FFC (20.7 127)

It was a tight start to open the match with just three points separating the two at the first break and while it remained close over the rest of the game the Dragons started to take control, kicking away in the last quarter to defeat the Wonders by 18 points.

dogs105 was dominant yet again with 22 hit outs, 28 disposals, and two goals that could've been turned into four if he was more accurate. DenieD kicked six goals as he chases down sausageroll's goal kicking tally while ClarkeM (24 disposals, 3.1), BFew (27 disposals, 7 marks) and HARPSichord (17 disposals, 10 tackles, 1.0) tried to fight for the win in a disappointing loss.

Wonders BnF (22).jpg

View attachment 2032987

This award is voted on by YOU! Yes, that's right as a West Coast Wonder you had the opportunity to vote on three categories, quantity, quality, and simulation and there were actually two winners! Disgustingly, I would say, co-winners :sick:

Quality was a close one with seven individual posters receiving votes but unsurprisingly, it was HARPSichord who led the tally.

Finally, it was no contest in the simulation vote with dogs105 having a clear majority.

Overall, and this season Wonders' Wonders of the season as voted by YOU! was....

Congratulations.....

View attachment 2032996
also dogs 3-0 (or 3-1?) BFew. West Coast Dogs should be our new name....

View attachment 2032987

Congratulations.....

View attachment 2032996
Dogs Wave Hi GIF by MOODMAN
Fail Doggy Style GIF
Dog Phone GIF

1719571594275.png

West Coast Wonders (15.10 100) defeated by Las Vegas Bears (16.10 106)

It's been a tough run for the Wonders over the last three weeks with another loss, this time by the hands (or paws?) of the bears. We lead at the first two breaks but the Bears were able to wrestle the margin back in their favour as they finished as six point victors.

Would you believe it if I said dogs105 put on a clinic? I hope so because it happened yet again with another 10 hit outs, 22 disposals, 6 tackles, one goal, and a whopping 103 dream team points. DenieD and croweater 41 combined for three goals each while ClarkeM reminded everyone who he was with three of his own.

Wonders BnF (23).jpg

Oh? What's that? Another man that I need to see about a horse? I'll be right back and I'll bring with me one of the biggest awards of the season! The rookie of the season award....

Rookie of the Season New
1719572235925.png

One of the hardest awards to decide this season after a fantastic rookie crop this season.

Oisin_the_Goat and dino_67 were fantastic when they popped their head in!

BigChippa52's stories about his football career and all around presence in the dms and in the threads (especially early season) were fantastic to see and will definitely be one to watch grow next season!

BFew just put hundreds of dollars into my bank account to win this award and very much warmed into the place as the season went on with a late season move to the midfield evidence of his posting activity and quality.

but in the end, I refuse to have co-winners, and with that there must be just one winner.

She should've won the EKA, was elite in every single match thread, led our posting this season, WON the rising star, and was absolutely robbed of an All-SFA position.

Congratulations to our season 37 rookie of the season, Pamcake1

Wonders BnF (24).jpg

...and with that I can no longer call you five 'rookies' congratulations on a fantastic season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2033027

One of the hardest awards to decide this season after a fantastic rookie crop this season.

Oisin_the_Goat and dino_67 were fantastic when they popped their head in!

BigChippa52's story about his football career and all around presence in the dms and in the threads (especially early season) were fantastic to see and will definitely be one to watch grow next season!

BFew just put hundreds of dollars into my bank account to win this season and very much warmed into the place as the season went on with a late season move to the midfield evidence of his posting activity and quality.

but in the end, I refuse to have co-winners, and with that there must be just one winner.

She should've won the EKA, was elite in every single match thread, led our posting this season, WON the rising star, and was absolutely robbed of an All-SFA position.

Congratulations to our season 37 rookie of the season, Pamcake1

View attachment 2033033

...and with that I can no longer call you five 'rookies' congratulations on a fantastic season.

Rounds 14,16 New
1719572724153.png

East Side Hawks (16.15 111) defeated by West Coast Wonders (18.10 118)

Perfect cloudy weather on the day meant it was a high scoring goal for goal affair. Hawks won the first quarter, we won the second quarter, it was a tie for the third quarter, and then we won the fourth by a goal to end up as 7 point victors.

dogs105 was once again one of our best on ground with 17 hitouts, 24 disposals and 3 tackles. DenieD was perfect in front of goals with 6 from 6 kicks. Grand Uncle Horace was instrumental in the win with 18 disposals, 8 marks and 2 goals. BFew took a liking to his new midfield position, putting together a solid game with 14 disposals, 6 tackles and finishing with a goal. JT_the_Man and Pamcake1 both also had plenty of the ball during the day, gathering 21 and 19 disposals respectively.

Wonders BnF (25).jpg

1719572945110.png

West Coast Wonders (18.9 117) defeated Mt. Buller Demons (14.11 95)

We faced the Demons for the second time this season in round 16 and for the second time this season we put them down! This time by 22 points. A slow start was no issue for the Wonders as they found their way back into the match and led by half time. We didn't let up until the final siren.

ClarkeM put his old legs back into the engine room and tore it a new one collecting 27 disposals, 6 marks, and a snag. The ever reliable dogs105 found the ball yet again and also the goals kicking two qootballs in the middle of the big sticks alongside another 17 hit outs and 19 disposals. Grand Uncle Horace (14 disposals, 6 marks, 3.1), Pamcake1 (25 disposals, 5 marks) and AnUltimateRessie (24 disposals, 1 mark, 1.0) are all expected to be among the vote receivers.

Wonders BnF (26).jpg

Alright, just two rounds before another break as we get into the pointy end of the season.... next up: the posting award.

So unprepared for this accolade that I didn't prepare anything.

UHHHHHHMMMM

Well thanks to my folks back at home, thanks to the other half, thanks to all of yoooouuus.
When I first strapped on the boots for the Wonders I was really, really nervous so many questions. Like did I have to put on a show like in WW lie to all of my fellow players, be evil, contaminate the water Root beer supply to get a better position on ground or just stay quaking on the bench. Luckily for me I found my place...Thanks all I think that covers it Ta.

Last edited:
Posting Award New
1719573440540.png

The posting award is quiet simply the poster who posted the most posts....
There were five different posters that yapped the most in a week with Pamcake1, AnUltimateRessie, Cubs2Lions, BFew, and dogs105 having their weeks as the most chatty Wonder.
but overall there is just one name that engaged their team and opposition and kept the match thread alive all season long and maybe it would be a shock to those that looked at the round 1 match thread, where they posted just four times....
Hold off that speech Pamcake1 because with 1480 posts in match threads this season, you win the season 37 posting award!
Congratulations!
Wonders BnF (27).jpg

1719573756896.png

View attachment 2033073

The posting award is quiet simply the poster who posted the most posts....
There were five different posters that yapped the most in a week with Pamcake1, AnUltimateRessie, Cubs2Lions, BFew, and dogs105 having their weeks as the most chatty Wonder.
but overall there is just one name that engaged their team and opposition and kept the match thread alive all season long and maybe it would be a shock to those that looked at the round 1 match thread, where they posted just four times....
Hold off that speech Pamcake1 because with 1480 posts in match threads this season, you win the season 37 posting award!
Congratulations!
View attachment 2033080

View attachment 2033083
my numbers are different to banned_icky oops

Oh behalf of the 5 wonders rookies
I would like to say (Gladys taught me how to say that)
we are the sexiest group of Wonders Rookies ever to have walked this Earth.

(Pamcake and I can write/post alternating sentences/phrases)
Ok. I'll dive in for 2nds seeing as how Pamcake has posted.

More precious than five gold rings.
More creative than the Jackson 5
More Pagan than the five elements: earth, air, fire, water and spirit
More all-round than the five olympic rings
And occasionally more cutting than the five wounds of Christ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back