West Gippy Latrobe

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traralgon would nearlly be due to step up. I have heard they pay there players by how many games there played so alot of them go to the North Gippy league. You look at there reserves and under 18s dominating like they do it is hard to understand why there seniors struggled. Would be a good club to take control of and change there way of thinking (if true) because obvously they have great juniors and good size town also

Someone told me on the weekend that Mark Johnson (as in ex Freo/Essendon) could be coaching Traralgon.

Any truth to this rumour?

Apparently Tgon have threw a shite load of coin his way, from what
im hearing - he declined a job offer down at Coburg (im not sure of the role) because it wasnt as much as he'd be on at Tgon..

Apparently Tgon have threw a shite load of coin his way, from what
im hearing - he declined a job offer down at Coburg (im not sure of the role) because it wasnt as much as he'd be on at Tgon..

Doubt a club that doesn't even pay its players would offer more $$ than what Coburg would be able to?

I am almost 100% sure Steve Hazelman is coaching Trarlgon and jock Mcfarlae is coaching Morwell again. (lets face it he did a pretty good job this year)

VFL players get a set rate per game. $400 or something like that.

No they don't. They all have to negotiate their own contracts. The better player you are the more money you get a game. I know a fair few people and they are all on different amounts. I remember one telling me that when Aaron Edwards was playing he was on something like $2500 a game. They are all on much more than $400.

No they don't. They all have to negotiate their own contracts. The better player you are the more money you get a game. I know a fair few people and they are all on different amounts. I remember one telling me that when Aaron Edwards was playing he was on something like $2500 a game. They are all on much more than $400.

Highest i know of is about 30,000 for the year. The other thing is some players only get 100 a game.

sorry papa i should've elaborated. T'gon don't pay their seniors players as it is is what i was getting at

T'gon maybe should pay some players because they could be a powerhouse year in year out. there Reserves are strong and there thirds which they must loose them every year to North Gippy clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

T'gon maybe should pay some players because they could be a powerhouse year in year out. there Reserves are strong and there thirds which they must loose them every year to North Gippy clubs.

Yeah they're quite strong in the lower grades, after all they did win reserves, thirds and fourths grannies. Maybe they can't afford to pay every player but surely there is a few that deserve it?

Yeah they're quite strong in the lower grades, after all they did win reserves, thirds and fourths grannies. Maybe they can't afford to pay every player but surely there is a few that deserve it?

Its not about affording. They have some ancient player payments system that involves the players getting paid more when they have played more senior games for T'gon.

Is that one of those systems where each game money is put into an account for the player and after a certain amount of games the payments increase. Then when the player retires they get a big payout? I think yarragon did something like that a while back.

Heard that Nick Hider may be a possible canidate for the senior coaching role..

Dont quote me on that tho...

I have heard Hider has the job and Hayden maybe on the move..... possibly Sale. Something to do with a job he has just got out at Longford. Again don't quote me but the whisper is strong.

Its not about affording. They have some ancient player payments system that involves the players getting paid more when they have played more senior games for T'gon.

Look I am not involved with the club but if I was there I would be looking at keeping as many as those thirds kids and having a chat to the Ressies blokes that should be playing seniors. I have got a feeling there would be blokes playing reserves for T'gon that would be more than caple of playing seniors. But the kids are the future and I would focusing on them and telling all the North Gippy club etc to keep hands off. That to me will make T'gon a strong footy club again

Look I am not involved with the club but if I was there I would be looking at keeping as many as those thirds kids and having a chat to the Ressies blokes that should be playing seniors. I have got a feeling there would be blokes playing reserves for T'gon that would be more than caple of playing seniors. But the kids are the future and I would focusing on them and telling all the North Gippy club etc to keep hands off. That to me will make T'gon a strong footy club again

Seems to be a common thread throughout most of these boards.

Kids in the top comps being starved of an opportunity move to a lower league for a few bob and a regular senior gig.

Not too sure how to stop that from happening.

Under 21 Competition, maybe?

That way you keep the kids at your club for another 3 years, playing against kids their own age. They have then been playing together for 5-6 years and can form the nucleus of the senior ranks once they are 21.

The stipulation on coaching could perhaps be a minimum of Level 2 accreditation, focusing on generating well drilled and super fit (ie health, eating habits, strength etc) players ready to be given a run in the Seniors.

Of course that wouldnt restrict 18 yr olds from having a go in the ones, but the others may need more time playing against others their own age. Not every player in the WGLFL that comes out of the U18s is ready for senior footy. Some take a year or 2 more to develop. Doing that in the magoos with the older thugs running around may not be the answer (as much as footy is a lot cleaner these days).

Just throwing that out there.

I have heard Hider has the job and Hayden maybe on the move..... possibly Sale. Something to do with a job he has just got out at Longford. Again don't quote me but the whisper is strong.

there is absolutely no way a burgiel would play for sale.. and as good as he is i don't think sale would take him (with all the politics that'd be involved) i'm not attached formally to either club but from what i've gathered most ppl at sale hate hayden and hayden probably doesn't like them either.. if he ain't playing for maffra next season i doubt he'll be play for anyone

he's had that job for at least a couple of months too (for the majority of the season anyway, so it's not like it wasn't working)

there is absolutely no way a burgiel would play for sale.. and as good as he is i don't think sale would take him (with all the politics that'd be involved) i'm not attached formally to either club but from what i've gathered most ppl at sale hate hayden and hayden probably doesn't like them either.. if he ain't playing for maffra next season i doubt he'll be play for anyone

he's had that job for at least a couple of months too (for the majority of the season anyway, so it's not like it wasn't working)
You're correct Bourkey ,Burgiel would never play at Sale and will be be at Maffra next year.Also heard that Digger's little brother is coming across to the Eagles from Heyfield next year.He is way too good for North Gippy he'll be an asset.

Josh Stubbe would be his name. Find that suprising but not. Suprising because he is Heyfield through and through but not suprising because he's quite a talented footballer and with all respect to the North Gippy league the WGLFL is much stronger.

I am almost 100% sure Steve Hazelman is coaching Trarlgon and jock Mcfarlae is coaching Morwell again. (lets face it he did a pretty good job this year)

Steve Hazelman is the coach of Traralgon, and if my sources are correct Brad Hazelman is back at the club too. I believe that since they are returning players, they don't incur any additional points which will effect the PPS. I would presume that some of the players that went across to Gormandale this season will return with Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back