West Gippy Latrobe

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations Sale FC. Played there for a year in 2005 and was wrapped to see them come through for a premiership. Great club with good people. Well deserved. Well done!

Will Adrian Cox coach sale again next year?

plenty of buzz about saying he'll go back to Heyfield but i can't really see him leaving after just one season (a bloody successful one at that) you'd think he woulda just gone straight to Heyfield when he came back if he was planning on playing for them

Typical sale response. Amazing after only one gf win they carry such arrogance?
Doesn't matter whether it's one GF or five ,the fact is you Maffra supporters were hoping like hell that we lost which is why the posts i thought were more wishful thinking such is your hatred for the Sale FC .For the record ,i don't think Sale are in for a period of dominance to rival Maffra's recent history ,they will still be strong next year but so will Morwell ,Warragul and due to the fact that they won the other three flags on offer last week ,no doubt Traralgon would have to up there as well.Maffra ,however ,"sadly" enough i feel might be heading for a slow but steady decent back down to the bottom rungs of the ladder where they were for so many years as the Burgiel era comes to an end.Not to worry ,Boisdale look as though they're on the up and up don't they.

Personally ,i hope he does ,there has been rumours that Dylan McLaren might end up back at home as well.

yep have been hearing that one as well.. what about craig flint? since i've moved away i miss out on a little bit more, where did he play his footy this year? and is he any chance of playing for sale anytime soon?

if sale add McLaren and Flint i'd be pretty confident that they'll go back2back

Doesn't matter whether it's one GF or five ,the fact is you Maffra supporters were hoping like hell that we lost which is why the posts i thought were more wishful thinking such is your hatred for the Sale FC .For the record ,i don't think Sale are in for a period of dominance to rival Maffra's recent history ,they will still be strong next year but so will Morwell ,Warragul and due to the fact that they won the other three flags on offer last week ,no doubt Traralgon would have to up there as well.Maffra ,however ,"sadly" enough i feel might be heading for a slow but steady decent back down to the bottom rungs of the ladder where they were for so many years as the Burgiel era comes to an end.Not to worry ,Boisdale look as though they're on the up and up don't they.

more tunnel vision basing a whole team around two players. Sure they contributed majorly in recent years but it was proven this year they can win without one and the other playing below usual standards. Not to mention the younger players coming through.

more tunnel vision basing a whole team around two players. Sure they contributed majorly in recent years but it was proven this year they can win without one and the other playing below usual standards. Not to mention the younger players coming through.

you're right yummy, maffra have already proven they have a better breed of youngsters than sale with 2 easy wins against them this year in the thirds, not to mention the fact only one of the two teams was in finals. And i believe maffra's success and reputation over the past decade gives them greater recruiting power. this is coming from a neutral boisdale supporter, just an opinion.

you're right yummy, maffra have already proven they have a better breed of youngsters than sale with 2 easy wins against them this year in the thirds, not to mention the fact only one of the two teams was in finals. And i believe maffra's success and reputation over the past decade gives them greater recruiting power. this is coming from a neutral boisdale supporter, just an opinion.
Entirely correct ,Sale have had a crap year in the thirds this year mind you it's the first time in a long time that our thirds have not been dominant.You guys have misunderstood me.If you look through the history of the LVFL there have been teams that have totally dominated decades .....Sale in the 50's and 70's ,Traralgon in the 80's and 90's however nothing rivals Maffra's success since 2000 .They have been a cut above the rest.Without the brothers they probably still would've been strong and won maybe 1 or 2 flags but definitely not 5.Good juniors sticking around town will only ever get you so far.It's the players that were good enough to play in the AFL but for one reason or another chose to stay in the bush that are rare.And all i am saying is that Maffra would have to be extremely lucky to have another 2 players of the Burgiels' calibre to A end up in Maffra and B decide to stay there for the long term as the Burgiels have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

which clubs are yet to appoint coaches? Definates im led to believe are ;
Drouin- Soumilas
Moe- Makepeace
Leongatha- Campbell
Maffra- Burgiel
Does anyone know the other clubs?
Warragul-?
Morwell-?
Traralgon-?
Sale-?
Garfield-?

Are Leongatha are show next year, they seem to polish some higher teams off at the end of the season. They should keep there list and I would think add to it

which clubs are yet to appoint coaches? Definates im led to believe are ;
Drouin- Soumilas
Moe- Makepeace
Leongatha- Campbell
Maffra- Burgiel
Does anyone know the other clubs?
Warragul-?
Morwell-?
Traralgon-?
Sale-?
Garfield-?

Hayden Burgiel is not coaching Maffra again. Is still playing on at the club though.

That rumour mill is on o.t. down at the maroons!! right at the end of the home and away season it was Steve Hazelman who was going to go back there. First week of the finals it was Jason Johnson signed sealed and delivered. Now it's Mark Johnson!?!? She's a hard old bird to keep up with Mrs Jessup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back