Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure about lead up finals, but MacDonald Park (East Gambier) hosted last years Grand Final.

East I rekon have had 2 out of the last 3 Grand Finals and now West are hosting a home Grand Final.
Maybe we should just do what the MIDSE do and take it in turns and just swap with the next year if you look like making the Granny.

This is the first time I can remember a competing team actually hosting the Grand Final.

I have heard rumours that West owes the league some money and profits from today will go to them. How true this is is pure speculation though.

This is the first time I can remember a competing team actually hosting the Grand Final.

I have heard rumours that West owes the league some money and profits from today will go to them. How true this is is pure speculation though.
what they should do is make vansittart park the main ground for finals. it is set up for clubs to walk in and out and a night grand final would be great. each club could take turn hosting it. west is not the only club with money problems all 3 leagues have teams in trouble

No new clubs to join the wbfl next year but the kntfl president has come out and said to expect changes down the track, so there is some positives there.
Whats with the rumour with keith ransom going to casterton - any truth to it???

No new clubs to join the wbfl next year but the kntfl president has come out and said to expect changes down the track, so there is some positives there.
Whats with the rumour with keith ransom going to casterton - any truth to it???

Have not heard any news on this. would be very surprised if he does. Would not know what to read into it if he does unless West is set to lose players. Casterton imo will benefit from all the changes that have been made in the WBFL maybe Ransom would like to cash in on it????

Tell ya now Keith Ransom is NOT a money man & never has been ( just ask Heywood or West ). He bleeds for the love of football & has made next to nothing in $$$ in all his coaching stints he has done . My mail tells me he would love to stay at West but unfortunately the mentality of some our SPOILT younger generation who don't like being told how to learn or play the game by an old fashioned tough coach has left West in no win situation of deciding whether to lose a 2X premiership coach or some quality players !! TOUGH CALL

Tell ya now Keith Ransom is NOT a money man & never has been ( just ask Heywood or West ). He bleeds for the love of football & has made next to nothing in $$$ in all his coaching stints he has done . My mail tells me he would love to stay at West but unfortunately the mentality of some our SPOILT younger generation who don't like being told how to learn or play the game by an old fashioned tough coach has left West in no win situation of deciding whether to lose a 2X premiership coach or some quality players !! TOUGH CALL

Hi TC
I was not referring to Ransom cashing in on money rather him cashing in on the opportunity to coach a club that imo will benefit from the changes that have been made in the WBFL with the victorian teams moving out. I have said before that Casterton should pick up players from their region who would prefer to stay with the WBFL region.
I watched Ransom coach during the grand final, and noticed he had a bit of trouble getting some players attention at times, but that was more with an "older" player. He was very quiet with his directions after half time and seemed more disconnected than he was in the first half!
Having said that i thought West done pretty well against a much stronger opponent in North.

trouble is the money all players get that is hurting clubs. MDSE pay for has beens and give them good money, top players at a club dont play for nothing. so player being spoilt is not idealy what a club wants but they will dictate who caches because clubs dont want to lose them.
Hi TC
I was not referring to Ransom cashing in on money rather him cashing in on the opportunity to coach a club that imo will benefit from the changes that have been made in the WBFL with the victorian teams moving out. I have said before that Casterton should pick up players from their region who would prefer to stay with the WBFL region.
I watched Ransom coach during the grand final, and noticed he had a bit of trouble getting some players attention at times, but that was more with an "older" player. He was very quiet with his directions after half time and seemed more disconnected than he was in the first half!
Having said that i thought West done pretty well against a much stronger opponent in North.

seems like West are having trouble finding a coach, players reluncatant to sign and going out chasing money so much for loyality

Is it true brad Wilson is going to penola. If the review is correct it looks like we're heading towards a 2 tier comp between wbfl, kntfl and mid se, at least it's better than a 6 team comp.
Who are the clubs the wbfl has invited to join????

Im reading that the sacfl aren't looking at starting up one new mount club but maybe two. This idea sounds like a ridiculous notion considering this league is going backwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im reading that the sacfl aren't looking at starting up one new mount club but maybe two. This idea sounds like a ridiculous notion considering this league is going backwards.

Could not agree more just smoke and mirrors trying to cover the rear end of a management that has completely dropped the ball here. The WBFL is dead as far as im concerned it will take a major miracle to resurrect this mess!

Heard east are losing a s?!t load of players to pt mac
Any truth to this ???
Have not heard anything but would not be surprised. WBFL clubs are having a hard time at retaining players. Could be that this league might need to disband and join the minor leagues around the district to survive!

Have not heard anything but would not be surprised. WBFL clubs are having a hard time at retaining players. Could be that this league might need to disband and join the minor leagues around the district to survive!

Wbfl clubs need to get together and put pressure on the sanfl. Either get a league together that people are interested in or we're joining another league.

Heard David Stratman's appointment as senior coach has gone down really well with the players & supporters at West .Apparently they had 30+ players out last Wednesday for a run & have also signed a gun recruit from Strathalbyn ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back