Hamilton Imperials vs Hamilton 16

Premiers: South Gambier V Portland
Wooden Spooners: Hamilton
League Medal: *
Biggest Improver from 09: Heywood
Biggest Slider from 09: Hamilton Imperials
Goal Kicker: Courtney Johns (102)
Most expensive team: Heywood
Most under-rated player: Cameron Hagget (Millicent)
Most over-rated player: Andrew N (Millicent)
Most loyal player in the league: Steve Duldig
Toughest bloke in the league: Garth Willoughby (North G)
Biggest Sook in the league: Creekey (North G)
Player under the radar: James Imbi

Thought i'd make my own little addition to the bottom in italics . Imbi will be a much needed inclusion to the Tigers den, and not having played for much of 09 and not in his acustom off season stint in NT. Who knows where the lad is at for 10'?

Casterton vs Portland 57
West Gambier vs Heywood 52
East Gambier vs South Gambier 18
Millicent vs North Gambier 22
Hamilton Imperials vs Hamilton 3

[/quote]

Premiers: South Gambier def Millicent
Wooden Spooners: Hamilton
League Medal: Jarrod Holt
Biggest Slider from 09: East
Goal Kicker: Dylan Kent (93)
Most under-rated player: Kurzmann (North)
Most over-rated player: Aaron Gepp (Hamilton)
Most loyal player in the league: Nitschke (Millicent)
Toughest bloke in the league: Waldron (Imperials)
Biggest Sook in the league: Tie; Harvey (Cast) Creek (North)

Casterton vs Portland 7
West Gambier vs Heywood 65
East Gambier vs South Gambier 41
Millicent vs North Gambier 17
Hamilton Imperials vs Hamilton 15

Ive noticed a lot of people have not featured Johns (HEYWOOD) as leading goal kicker in their 2010 predictions.

Does this mean people think he will be easily contained?.

If Johns is fit no one will contain him.

There's no doubt about that, Casterton had Shane Loveless too & whilst dominant against some...others did rise to the occasion and beat him.

Lets all reassess after 4-5 rounds before making any big statements.

Am looking fwd too the Millicent vs North game tho !? Whilst still some deficiencies in the saint's senior line-up, what i've seen over pre-season when having a look; is Dean has closed that gap markedly with selective recruiting.

There's no doubt about that, Casterton had Shane Loveless too & whilst dominant against some...others did rise to the occasion and beat him.

Am looking fwd too the Millicent vs North game tho !? Whilst still some deficiencies in the saint's senior line-up, what i've seen over pre-season when having a look; is Dean has closed that gap markedly with selective recruiting.

Did Shane Loveless play AFL?

I have seen this on some other threads and thought we could get somethin goin seeing the season isnt to far away

Premiers: South Gambier
Wooden Spooners: West Gambier
League Medal: Jon Copping
Biggest Slider from 09: Imperials
Goal Kicker: Dylan Kent (102)
Most under-rated player: Jason Dunn
Most over-rated player: Andrew Nitschke
Most loyal player in the league: Scott Flett
Toughest bloke in the league: Marcus England
Biggest Sook in the league: Jeremy Hales

did you get the bottom two mixed up ?

Take your point Big Ant. Can't really compare Johns and Loveless though. Loveless was rather large and a crock when he played for the cats, Johns is apparently fit and in his prime. Loveless could play though....white line fever when he stepped on the field.

Take your point Big Ant. Can't really compare Johns and Loveless though. Loveless was rather large and a crock when he played for the cats, Johns is apparently fit and in his prime. Loveless could play though....white line fever when he stepped on the field.
Yeah...shud be interesting yr all round. Should Portland be written off Sam !?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll jump in on that one Ant. No, don't write them off. They will have one of the best midfields in the competition. Two questions will tell whether they go from finalist to contender - forward structure and how Shane Keegan's body holds up. If Holt plays up forward next to James Imbi the Tigers will kick big scores, and if Keegan's old body gets through a Western Border season after a couple of years on little bush footy grounds their onballers will benefit.

Don't write Portland Off just yet. Quinlivan will be sadly missed..what a great player he was for the Tigers. Hockley not getting any younger either so how the back line holds up will be interesting. Holt & Falcone back won't hurt the side either.

Well Millicent played poorly, especially in the first half. But got over North by 42 points.

Also see Heywood went down to West??

Very surprised to see heywood lose to west, has everyone under rated west a bit or over rated heywood at this stage

interested in hearing how mcconnell played and what possy

Played on the ball. Good when he gets it, seemed to try and get a lot of cheapies. I mean a lot.

Didnt go too bad. Start of the game no one went near him so he did what he pleased.

Did any1 expect the results that happened today....thought the saints wouldv won....but not by that much !?

East & West's results, do you read too much into that; apparently 1/2 of souths a'grade premiership side was playing in the two's...was Copping making a statement. Duldig relished the freedom of not coaching and all the new boys & juniors aquitted themselves...

And do Heywood still have holes in their side !?

Back to the saint's, good 3 and 1/2 qtr effort by them & still plenty of improvement left in some of the players. Next week south up there will be a good test.

Always hard to tell the first few rounds. Always a lot of talk in the preseason. Until the serious stuff starts its hard to know.

That being said the West/Heywood result was a shock. Just a matter of Heywoods new recruits gelling with the other players? Are the big recruits covering up holes as Ant said or have Wesy been underrated?

East winning was a huge shock.

Thought the Saints would win wasnt sure by how much. However after the furst quarter I said to a few guys that Millicent would win comfortably. First 15-20 minutes were shocking struggled to get it past halfway and to be a point down at quarter time was a fair effort.

Agree Ant Duldig was great and I thought Reece Duncan and Bryant played well. Thought Rehn was very very good with Agnew and Hales. But plent of improvement left. Good effort considering Hosking was off most of the second half. Hope is injury isnt serious.

Thoughts on the Umpiring Ant?

Did any1 expect the results that happened today....thought the saints wouldv won....but not by that much !?

East & West's results, do you read too much into that; apparently 1/2 of souths a'grade premiership side was playing in the two's...was Copping making a statement. Duldig relished the freedom of not coaching and all the new boys & juniors aquitted themselves...

And do Heywood still have holes in their side !?

Back to the saint's, good 3 and 1/2 qtr effort by them & still plenty of improvement left in some of the players. Next week south up there will be a good test.

massive massive holes. Still have a lot of kids that play school yard footy. They may have been fitter than west but west played the smarter footy. All over by half time.

Heard Ransom say this morning that whilst they (heywood) bought in these gun's. That one area that they wud struggle wud be there backline & that wud be 1 area west wud take advantage of thru ryan etc etc...
And it obviously worked.

Umpireing was fair in the saints/north game, i thought one man in orange did'nt have any idea but as a whole the other bloke saw it as he seen it and called it !!
Portland looks like they'll be around the mark again...surely Casterton are'nt overated despite there biig in's !?

Heard Ransom say this morning that whilst they (heywood) bought in these gun's. That one area that they wud struggle wud be there backline & that wud be 1 area west wud take advantage of thru ryan etc etc...
And it obviously worked.

Umpireing was fair in the saints/north game, i thought one man in orange did'nt have any idea but as a whole the other bloke saw it as he seen it and called it !!
Portland looks like they'll be around the mark again...surely Casterton are'nt overated despite there biig in's !?

Yeah one of the blokes in orange had NFI. The bloke in green had NFI either. SOme bafflin decisions both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back