Western Border Football League - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To early to call who will play in the GF. All the top six sides have played well at one time or another. West at this stage seem to be setting the pace. But I wouldn't write off Heywood just yet will only take all their big guns to fire at once with the backing of some good local players and Portland have up to eight of their best players out at the moment. Whether they all get back is another matter. Injuries could well play a role come finals time.

Totally agree Sam. Its refreshing that the seson is so open. Will do down to the wire. If your team can make the finals.. even finishing 5th your a chance for the flag imo.

Great to see westies up there, how does steve wenman go in the WBFL i played with him at berri where he calved up sides, i played for west a few years ago now thought he would go not to bad.

Great to see westies up there, how does steve wenman go in the WBFL i played with him at berri where he calved up sides, i played for west a few years ago now thought he would go not to bad.

Shane, He is currently playing full back, but does get around the ground and kick the odd goal. Can play anywhere for the team depending on injuries. He is a little injury prone himself but nothing to serious. Has put on a little weight since you've played with him. How's your football going and where abouts you playing. Not going to go play with Hamilton where Grant Russel is now coaching, see he has got Scott Fiora there . . .

Shane, He is currently playing full back, but does get around the ground and kick the odd goal. Can play anywhere for the team depending on injuries. He is a little injury prone himself but nothing to serious. Has put on a little weight since you've played with him. How's your football going and where abouts you playing. Not going to go play with Hamilton where Grant Russel is now coaching, see he has got Scott Fiora there . . .
wemmo is a std senior player that is over pd.but a nice guy.

After having 10 rounds to have a look at all of the sides I'm interested who you guys rate as the most valuable players in the competition. If all 10 sides were starting from scratch and re-selecting their teams from the pool of players in the league, what do you reckon the order of the draft would be? Any cyber experts interested in a mock draft reply and I'll set one up. Should be interesting to see who rates where.

Good idea.
Jarrod Ryan
Courtney Johns
Justin McConnell
Brad Smith
Scott Flett
Mal Michael
Jon Copping
Jarrod Holt
Glen Gascoyne
James Imbi.

I'll have a crack at the mock draft if that's still in the plans. It would be interesting to who the James Hurds to slip through will be.

little footy battler. i see u have not included marcus england in your list? not worthy or do u not rate him?

That would be that James Hurd I was talking about that slips through! Honestly, an oversight, but then again who does he push out of that group? I think while he probably gets more touches than any other player in the league he probably only hurts sides with half of those and he has no other strings to his bow as yet. All of the other midfield types I've listed there are genuine dangerous goal scorers as well.
He's a very, very good player, no question, but I also feel sometimes the umpires get seduced by midfielders who have the ball in their hands a lot, hence his two B and F's. That said if I got Gold Coast concessions and had 10 straight picks he'd be one of them, but in terms of the players who would add the most value in the top 10, I'd stick with the ones I've got.

After having 10 rounds to have a look at all of the sides I'm interested who you guys rate as the most valuable players in the competition. If all 10 sides were starting from scratch and re-selecting their teams from the pool of players in the league, what do you reckon the order of the draft would be? Any cyber experts interested in a mock draft reply and I'll set one up. Should be interesting to see who rates where.

1, Jarred Ryan :thumbsu: best player in comp by a long way
2, Justin McConnell
3, Tom Holmes
4, Courtney Johns
5, Jon Copping
6, Scott Flett
7, Luke Davey
8, Marcus England
9, Nick Johnstone
10, Glen Gascoyne

i see he got BOG on the weekend not bad for a standard player :D
good to hear hes going well, playing at para hills which was my junior club went to school with most players so good feeling fraser and daisy playing also so good fun. dont think ill be venturing out to hamilton, loved my time at west and wouldnt wanna play against them to tell ya the truth. i saw scotty had gone there is he living there or flying in?

1 jayed ryan
2 courtney johns
3 justin mconnell
4 jarred holt
5 tom gordon
6 rhen( on reputation yet to see him)
7 brad smith
8 marcus england
9 aaron gepp
10 john copping

1. c.johns (hey)
2. j.ryan (west)
3. j.ransom (west)
4. j.mcconell (north)
5. s.berkefield (south)
6. n.johnstone (hey)
7. j.holt (port)
8. m.england (port)
9. t.gordon (hey)
10. j.copping (south)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. c.johns (hey)
2. j.ryan (west)
3. j.ransom (west)
4. j.mcconell (north)
5. s.berkefield (south)
6. n.johnstone (hey)
7. j.holt (port)
8. m.england (port)
9. t.gordon (hey)
10. j.copping (south)

j mcconnell is far the best player in the comp he put west away last saturday himself in the last quarter ..

Are there any Heywood supporters out there concerned about Mal Michael playing in the E.J. Whitten Allstars game - cos there was plenty who argued about him not playing interleague. Same kinda thing don't you think.

j mcconnell is far the best player in the comp he put west away last saturday himself in the last quarter ..

No doubt he is a good player, and would be a top 3 player in the league, but don't know about best. He kicked 3 goals in the last quater that sealed the game, but that was due to how the ball was coming into him. Pretty hard to stop anyone when the ball is kicked to your advantage. He is a reciever, and gets a lot of his possessions from running behind a player who has marked the ball. He uses the ball very well, and if u can can tag him out of the game your on your way to beating them. It showed when he got tagged in the 3rd quater against west how u can stop him. Think they experimented a bit against North and thought west did a pretty good job considering they had 8 players out of there starting team to North who had a full team with Adam Creek and Liam Downs - Wooley and Kingsley Clark ( if u call him an A grader ) playing B Grade.

No doubt he is a good player, and would be a top 3 player in the league, but don't know about best. He kicked 3 goals in the last quater that sealed the game, but that was due to how the ball was coming into him. Pretty hard to stop anyone when the ball is kicked to your advantage. He is a reciever, and gets a lot of his possessions from running behind a player who has marked the ball. He uses the ball very well, and if u can can tag him out of the game your on your way to beating them. It showed when he got tagged in the 3rd quater against west how u can stop him. Think they experimented a bit against North and thought west did a pretty good job considering they had 8 players out of there starting team to North who had a full team with Adam Creek and Liam Downs - Wooley and Kingsley Clark ( if u call him an A grader ) playing B Grade.

A pretty spot on assesment I would say.

What u have said about McConnell is right, but at the same time why doesnt someone tag him out of the game. Every game that i have seen North play this year no club has stopped him yet. He racks up possessions at will.
West still lack a lot of depth, top ten players are guns but are lacking in a big way after that.

Are there any Heywood supporters out there concerned about Mal Michael playing in the E.J. Whitten Allstars game - cos there was plenty who argued about him not playing interleague. Same kinda thing don't you think.

Not concerned,

One game is for charity and gun footballers of the last 20 years.
And the other is a bunch of country footballers.

More importantly, there will be references to Heywood fc during the broadcast. So, from a HFNC perspective, we are not fazed but actually happy that there will be more publicity for our club.

Who were the 8 players out? Only worthy one would have been O Odonovan wouldnt it?

i dont no this obrien but bloke from portland tells me o'brien is in the "IMAGE" group/gang who, apparently are no strangers to violence and assult . maybe this is karma??

this is stephen obrien who do you think you r!!!!!!! apparently you no me!!! cause i have so many assault charges against me ya goose! you may think its karma but the only karma i no is karma sutra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back