Western Border Football League - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heading down to the big Portland v Heywood clash today. Weathers good....may see the biggest ever home and away crowd today in WBFL history. Hope the game lives up to expectations.

Well it looks like the five is decided after todays results. Heywood had a real crack against Portland in front of a big crowd but Portland came out on top. Big clash next week between Portland and West which will probably decide third spot. Final series should be a good one.

Well it looks like the five is decided after todays results. Heywood had a real crack against Portland in front of a big crowd but Portland came out on top. Big clash next week between Portland and West which will probably decide third spot. Final series should be a good one.

i wouldnt say the 5 is decided yet.....heywood play hamilton this round at home which would be a penciled in win (no offence to hamilton) and east play north at home and are a chance to knock them off, given their record at home.....if heywood gain a huge percentage boosting win and north get beaten it may come down to heywood vs north in the final round!!!! although there is alot of if's but's and maybes in that scenario

who will win this weekend?
as kickitlong said heywood is still a chance to make the five.
the big guns will need to fire tomorrow if they are any chance.
can anyone tell us why east was so bad last weekend?

Anyone who thinks Heywood is going to make the five are very very optimistic...they are two games out and a lot of percentage. Would have been good to see them in the finals but come on guys you are dreaming.

Anyone who thinks Heywood is going to make the five are very very optimistic...they are two games out and a lot of percentage. Would have been good to see them in the finals but come on guys you are dreaming.

so very true sam...no harm in dreaming though..
my tips for this round:
heywood vs hamilton by 43
casterton vs millicent by 20
west vs portland by 15
east vs north by 13 (east have only lost 2 games at home this season)
imps vs south by 44

Now that the five is set, and some positions in the five that may change - it should make for a very even finals series.
Millicent must be like an annoying itch to west's coach Ransom, as he just cant leave it alone beit the print media or as a team member on 5se's saturday morning football show about continuelly wanting to have another crack at Millicent. He should worry about his own side and not the opposition.

Still think South & Portland (will need luck tho !?) are the side's that may fight it out in the end....north seem to be gaining momentum again !? and the saints & west will be the wild cards; what they have that north & portland don't have is gold and equals the double chance.

fair assesment there bigant
i get the feeling millicent and west will be tough to beat but with that first week of finals off south have to be favourites.
i dont know if port or north have a chance coming from elim final but it has been a close year and if it going to happen maybe it is this year.
can you expand a bit more on this millicent and hooker thing. dont listen to 5se.

fair assesment there bigant
i get the feeling millicent and west will be tough to beat but with that first week of finals off south have to be favourites.
i dont know if port or north have a chance coming from elim final but it has been a close year and if it going to happen maybe it is this year.
can you expand a bit more on this millicent and hooker thing. dont listen to 5se.
In so many words Ransom under-rated Deans coaching & Millicent's game plan.
Interesting you say that about south, as i was talking to a gr8 saints personality tonight.In his own words he said whilst they've been a great side in the past twenty years, the last couple they have really survived by finishing top & the break has got them there success, and thats a mark of a great club at finals time.
Do not discount Millicent & West & i think most will be happy that either North or Portland will be out after week 1 - they are dangers.

Should be a good final series. Anyone of the five sides could win it if things go right for them in the finals series. Be a real boost for a Millicent or West if they can stag a premiership.

Should be a good final series. Anyone of the five sides could win it if things go right for them in the finals series. Be a real boost for a Millicent or West if they can stag a premiership.
Certainly will, and it's gonna come down to on the day & not so much whats happened through the year.
It's not all about the millicent netballers now, a clubs success is built around it's footballers achievements. The netball side of things are just part of the football clubs package.

What's going to happen to Heywood next year. Sinclair has taken a huge swipe at the Heywood Footy Club in todays Spectator. Will they have the finances to buy in players again next year, or has the Sinclair experiment cleaned them out? Are the good young locals going to stick around if they can't bring in more guns next year?

What's going to happen to Heywood next year. Sinclair has taken a huge swipe at the Heywood Footy Club in todays Spectator. Will they have the finances to buy in players again next year, or has the Sinclair experiment cleaned them out? Are the good young locals going to stick around if they can't bring in more guns next year?

the king of big hits experiment hasnt really worked has it
i am interested to hear why you would ask if the young locals would stick around if they cant bring in more guns
imo heywood has to stay around the mark for another year
if they do that then people will sit up and give the club more respect
winning some games loses its touch if it is only a one year thing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reason I wonder what the locals will be doing, is the club had great expectations this year, and the excitement around the club bringing in big name players would have given the local lads hope (expectations) of playing finals and being a real threat (winning a flag). I'm sure the club does not want to slide back down to the bottom, but to be realistic, the club would have to recruit at least 4-5 quality players to stay in touch with the top teams. They have done well to boost the depth of the club, but apart from Nick Johnstone, none of the other locals are top liners.
I personally hope they remain competitve, and can maintain the bulk of their list. They surely won't want to go back to being the whipping boys again, and that's why I ask if they'll stick around?

waiting to see if 'king of big hits' SINCLAIR has anything more to say. maybe he will change to king of hit outs and go on more of a rant?? very poor from a outsiders point of view. i read the article in the boarder watch, what is this going to achive BRAD!!!

waiting to see if 'king of big hits' SINCLAIR has anything more to say. maybe he will change to king of hit outs and go on more of a rant?? very poor from a outsiders point of view. i read the article in the boarder watch, what is this going to achive BRAD!!!

I agree! I think it's a disgrace what he is doing. It's going to ruin the Heywood Football Club. In saying that, things may have been different if the board had of handled the recruiting process different.
But also, I wonder if Brad Sinclair would have a different view if Heywood had've been in the top 5. It seems his whinging and slander talk has all come out after they started losing and weren't looking a very good chance of being in the finals.

After ranting and raving about how good he is and how shit the club of Heywood is, which is pretty much what he said in the papers, the committee, board and players should pack his bags for him tonight and tell him to F off and someone that actually loves the club can coach them tomorrow!

I certainly wouldn't want him coaching my club if he was to go out saying that sort of stuff (there was more on Win news tonight).
Wouldn't think airing his grievences in the Media, slagging the club would help him in future coaching aspirations!
At the end of the day, Heywood landed some big names which was fantastic for the league, but could turn out to be very costly for the club, in more ways than one.
Good luck to Heywood. Hopefully they land a good coach. and some good recruits to help the locals to continue to improve (without the cost of mercenaries).

I Feel for the Footballers,Netballers,Volunteers,Members,and Supporters, of the Heywood FC. They are a great club and don,t deserve this crap at the momment.

Lets not get stuck into the recruits calling them mercenaries...it takes a fair level of committment to come out to the country to play footy week in week out.

What a disgrace Brad Sinclair has been, he hasnt failed to tell the media that since the half way mark of the season he missed 4 to 5 tuesday training sessions, and that for the last game headed back to Melbourne and said that they will have to fly him in with the Melbourne boys. Why wasnt he at training to fullfill his commitments on the last Thursday of the year and in Melbourne? Its ok for him to leave messages for the club to contact him but will not connect when the club rings him, weak as piss the club is better off without him,I hope that at some stage the real truth gets told not just, one sided trash from a disgrace.

Lets not get stuck into the recruits calling them mercenaries...it takes a fair level of committment to come out to the country to play footy week in week out.
Fair level of commitment????????
What, get a chartered flight in Saturday, walk around for 100 minutes pick up a fat cheque and get straight on a plane and dont train??
Hey, i think mercenaries was a good call

Fair level of commitment????????
What, get a chartered flight in Saturday, walk around for 100 minutes pick up a fat cheque and get straight on a plane and dont train??
Hey, i think mercenaries was a good call

I would imagine Mal Michael would have had plenty of opportunities far better than playing with Heywood... for a triple AFL premiership player to play with a bush footy team takes some level of committment. Didn't have to come at all. I would imagine the coffers of clubs in the WBFL have benefited greatly.

I would imagine Mal Michael would have had plenty of opportunities far better than playing with Heywood... for a triple AFL premiership player to play with a bush footy team takes some level of committment. Didn't have to come at all. I would imagine the coffers of clubs in the WBFL have benefited greatly.

You can't seriously beleive Mal Michael was worth his money this year? Courtney Johns, yes, a superstar and won matches on his own. Brad Smith, one of the best ruckmen in the league.. imagine him hitting to a quality midfield, Fuller....well Fuller who? and Mal Michael......he would be lucky to be in Heywoods best 10 and hardly fired a shot of his "triple AFL premiership" ability all year.

You can't seriously beleive Mal Michael was worth his money this year? Courtney Johns, yes, a superstar and won matches on his own. Brad Smith, one of the best ruckmen in the league.. imagine him hitting to a quality midfield, Fuller....well Fuller who? and Mal Michael......he would be lucky to be in Heywoods best 10 and hardly fired a shot of his "triple AFL premiership" ability all year.
Can't comment on his value on the field....didn't see enough of him...talking about the amount of people he bought through the gates along with the other recruits.

when the dust settles this season it will read that heywood fc has won 8 games. That in itself is a great effort by the club.

Even though it has been a tough year for all concerned, the club is in a better position than what it was 12 months ago.

As for the Melbourne recruits, we would be all very optimistic to see them return. From the fence must be new to the club otherwise he would know that on game day our crowd figures were about 100, the aftermatch consisted of 10 drunks and a few cob webs.

let us build on what has happened this year and turn 2011 into a successful one. Players like Marto, T Gorgon, Sailor, Dunny, Bunny etc will be better for the year after being part of a team that won some games.

Bring on 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back