Western Border Football League - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come to Portland. We have money, win games and premierships.
Something you guys dont.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
go the mighty tigers.

Maybe if we had pokies, and were able to draw on the biggest population in the comp, 10000 people and only 1 club, not all that fair no wonder the Hamilton clubs are allways jumping up and down.

Was it, or was it not you that bolded Shane Evans and Mary Anne's name? You're a hypocrite and you may think you're fooling some, but not me.

Clubs imploding, players not coming back (that did), players not being paid are all posts u've made. You call that constructive comments do you? Go back over the pages and you'll find it was you that got the ball running inregards to Heywoods finacial problems.

Since i pulled you up as to your identity, thats when the Heywood bashing finished. Once again, people that read this board arn't the dills you think they are, you fool no-one.

I totaly agree with you.
What I dont understand though is why the last few pages of this thread are people not giving constructive comments for the club to go fwd next year. Brad Sinclair has gone and 2010 is behind us now, we all get that so stop boring us with it (shavedham). I can only think that the comments of those people are committee members of the club which is disappointing because they should be looking to the future.

That was when Sinclair was coaching you ding dong. I am referring to the last few pages since the season has concluded.
Why are you so bitter anyway, unless your Shane Evans or Maryanne King.
This is the third time you've brought it up?

Maybe if we had pokies, and were able to draw on the biggest population in the comp, 10000 people and only 1 club, not all that fair no wonder the Hamilton clubs are allways jumping up and down.

Forgot to mention, that laughing stock of the comp, another thing you got wrong, most clubs sold out of food prior to the 1st bounce of the main game when the Heywood train rolled into town, try getting a steak sanga at your ground, sold out befor 1/2 time of the reserves. What Heywood did this year has left each club with $1000`s of dollars more than what has previously been deposited into the coffers.

Forgot to mention, that laughing stock of the comp, another thing you got wrong, most clubs sold out of food prior to the 1st bounce of the main game when the Heywood train rolled into town, try getting a steak sanga at your ground, sold out befor 1/2 time of the reserves. What Heywood did this year has left each club with $1000`s of dollars more than what has previously been deposited into the coffers.
Good call ProudtobeaLion. I wonder if the pokie money kicked in if the Heywood train had,nt rolled into town?

Good call ProudtobeaLion. I wonder if the pokie money kicked in if the Heywood train had,nt rolled into town?

You guys are a joke. comparing steak sangas to premierships.
no wonder your club is a rabble.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
go the mighty TIGERS

would`nt be enough meat between your ears to bait a hook mate!
You guys are a joke. comparing steak sangas to premierships.
no wonder your club is a rabble.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
go the mighty TIGERS

All those criticising Heywood.....should think about this:
how much interest was there in Heywood as soon as they announced the coach, and players?
look at their attendance this year.
they won far more games than in the past few years
young players gained some valuable mentoring

Sure some mistakes were made...but at least they had a go and thats what we like in football....blokes having a go...and not just sitting back and saying we have no hope.

And if i recall this was not about buying a premiership otherwise 8 players would have been shipped in.

And for the future....Heywood needs:
a coaching team
some experienced players who can mentor the younger dudes
supporters and a committee with a long term view
a characters who are willing to have a go on and off the field

:rolleyes: you know what sad, is that you are all having ago at the heywood supporters. if we went thru history the damming thing would be when you try to but a premiership it generally fails. whenyou spend big money on players it generally fails. people dont play for the love of the game any more its all about the cash. hamilton will find out soon as they will do the same thing. if anyone is to blame it should be the Heywood committee, as for their recruits dont blame them (if i got offered that much i would take it too) they got paid to do a job.

winners this week portland and west

On a slighter positive note what a more intriguing finals series we have ahead in the WBfl, it could easily go to the two to three more experienced sides (South, Portland & North) in the five or it come down to the two lesser experienced finals contenders in Millicent and West.
Sunday night will show a clearer picture of all the little battles within the battles leading up to the 1st & 2nd semi finals next weekend.

On a slighter positive note what a more intriguing finals series we have ahead in the WBfl, it could easily go to the two to three more experienced sides (South, Portland & North) in the five or it come down to the two lesser experienced finals contenders in Millicent and West.
Sunday night will show a clearer picture of all the little battles within the battles leading up to the 1st & 2nd semi finals next weekend.

South vs ???? GF
Best team this year.

Give up trying KOBH.
You follow a shit club. Everyone in the league knows it and they are a laughing stock of the WBFL. Fighting over yourselves and you haven't even won a premiership... What a JOKE. :D
Come to a real club down the road. infact, i suspect the players who left to play there this year will be back to the mighty Portland footy Club.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
go the mighty TIGERS

decided to jump in and kick heywood when they are down cob!? if heywood are a joke...then how much of a JOKE was portland earlier this year WHEN WE BEAT YOU haha your a muppet

:eek: KOBH you tool how can you say south was the best side when the finished second behind millicent and equal with west. south now have to win 2 more games to make the GF and that just to make it and with 6 blokes over 30+ jeez that will be hard, you`re not giving millicent or west or portland any credit. heard from south player that they were beaten by a better side on sat and he thought they played their best footy in a month and still got beaten.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:eek: KOBH you tool how can you say south was the best side when the finished second behind millicent and equal with west. south now have to win 2 more games to make the GF and that just to make it and with 6 blokes over 30+ jeez that will be hard, you`re not giving millicent or west or portland any credit. heard from south player that they were beaten by a better side on sat and he thought they played their best footy in a month and still got beaten.:thumbsu:

portland and west must have played well on the weekend. i popped over the road to watch north against heywood last week and there were great. peaked to early? big question can west beat millicent this weekend. weather could tell the story?

Fair call, but I did write that before the weeknds games. It is easy to say otherwise after the fact, but I take it on board.
What is evident is how close and unpredictable the finals has and will be.

What about a merger of the WBFL and the SWFL, with a 2 divison relegation / promotion system? Say, 2 up, 2 down every year.

if wbfl folds then mounts side will join mdse our kntfl and vic side can join leagues over there, it will happen its just a matter of time

final winners south and west for this weeks games

i support east but have wondered all year what millicent have done wrong to avoid any credit. they have finished top and we are all waiting for them to fall over. we are all so concerned about wests "fairytale" but i think we've lost sight of what a struggle millicent has endured over the past 20 years. it would be amazing for the competition to see a saints v west grand final.

Brad tilley will be a massive loss (extremely underrated player) but surely they have to be half a chance as they are super fit and have recruited smartly.

rusty you old dog

what you have to remember about west is that they really only had a good side when MR R WHITE was in charge, they had better side when twomey was in charge but that was the start of souths run in 1990.
millicent has had some good sides but ran into south, north, east and a coupl of vic sides that stopped their run. give mill some credit yes they have done well to get there but if they dont win it now they wont in next couple of years due to their age, they have same age group as south but never had the side. they have some good juniors but they are a few years away. :D:D

yes a few fair points there wonka although They have defnitly flown under the radar and 1 finals appearance in 14 years is hardly successful. i think we all undervalue their season to date.

Alot of people will argue that their side is crippled by minor leagues but i doubt thered be too many more so than the millicent area. they lose players to tantanoola, mt burr, hatherleigh, robe, kalangadoo and even mount gambier as we have a few.

Interesting weekend coming up. many questions to be asked. 1 team is going to get a direct shot at glory after at least 25 years. that is amazing. lets hope they both get there

:thumbsu: yes fair call, the weather will play a big part and looking at the map its not far from coming. who ever win will luv the week of to freshen up.

but it would be nice to see both in there come 5.30pm we will know

well what a weekend we had rain on sat and sun shine sunday, West thru to first grand final in years, millicent looked slow and top heavy. they will need to improve vastly to beat south on sat. south beat a slow disinterested team in portland, and how they never manned up on copping was bad coaching.:cool:

thanks for the post on last weeks game will.
by the sounds of it millicent wont stand a chance against south this weekend then?
i guess it depends on who was worse against their respective opponents millicent or portland
what were west like will. they surely have to be favourites now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back