Western Border Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strong whisper is former team mate of Brown's at Millicent & Penola premiership player Tim Bailey is going to put a roo's jumper in 08....this came from a pretty good source while he was sipping on pims and scoffing down prawns in the members area of adelaide oval during the recent test match...:D:p

Will be good for comp if West are on the rise. Don't be surprised to see a couple of Darwin boys in a Portland jumper.

Interesting reading in the NOOSA AFC website that it stated that with the coaching appointment of Wayne Fletcher to Noosa in the state league div 2 competition that he has attracted 'the services of several key senior players from the Mt Gambier region' and will be following him to the sunshine coast!!!

One wonders who those players are and it probably wont be last we here of the exodus north!!!?...

The sunshine coast will have a real south east feel about it as Caloundra which is in the state association div 1 (a tier below) is coached/assist coached by former Casteron/EastG/Penola & Kongorong player & coach Daniel Clark, who also has the services of a number of East & West Gambier players in Adam Marcus & Aaron Clarke.

Strong whisper is former team mate of Brown's at Millicent & Penola premiership player Tim Bailey is going to put a roo's jumper in 08....this came from a pretty good source while he was sipping on pims and scoffing down prawns in the members area of adelaide oval during the recent test match...:D:p
Very doubtful I heard he had retired along with quite a few other Penola boys also heard that Bryan Beinke could be a smokey for the Saints job interesting the Saints have left it so late what's the story behind that BIGANT !!!

Very doubtful I heard he had retired along with quite a few other Penola boys also heard that Bryan Beinke could be a smokey for the Saints job interesting the Saints have left it so late what's the story behind that BIGANT !!!

Steve Duldig is the Coach of Millicent and I feel will be a very good one. I think that they were after a high profile coach but talks fell through and Steve put his hand up.He`s very passionate about the club and want`s to develope the young Players over the next couple of years.

Funny you say that Roy....as i nearly fell over(not from drinking heavies in the members:D:p:thumbsu:) when i heard that in the Chappell bar!!!! it was the talk of tent city out the back by stumps on day 3.

They shot themselves in the foot the saints, the football commitee should be held responsible for them not naming a coach earlier.
When you announce with six rounds remaining in the previous 07 season that you will be not re-appointing your coach that gives you plenty of scope to 1.Advertise thru print/internet for coaching vacancies - which they did not do near xmas (to late!!)
As much as it's all about going thru a list of prospectives & contacts and ringing !!! you still have to advertise.
It's not as if Millicents in a position that it does'nt have to advertise...they have'nt come off back to back flags and expect players & coaches are going to be knocking down the doors to jump on board.
Whatever it costs to put in a add in the sunday mail for a month, clubs have got to do it whether it's $700 a month or $700 an edition you have to put money aside for advertisments as such if and when you need to cross that bridge.
Sure you got to watch where your money goes, but you don't be tight a rses about it!!
As much as Steve put his hand up...the club had no other choice but to appoint him.Good luck to him because he's got stuff all time to prepare for interesting year.
Good point but apparently the club did advertise in Adeliade papers but not locally and Steve has been doing all the pre-season work with the boys. And you are also right it does not give Steve much time to set up his team structures and game plans but he is a true professional and a man of great character, and I hope will get them up playing good football as we need sides like Millicent and West pushing all the top sides to make it a good season.

Good point but apparently the club did advertise in Adeliade papers but not locally and Steve has been doing all the pre-season work with the boys. And you are also right it does not give Steve much time to set up his team structures and game plans but he is a true professional and a man of great character, and I hope will get them up playing good football as we need sides like Millicent and West pushing all the top sides to make it a good season.
You are right PI', you might aswell throw in heywood into that bracket because thers nothing better than an even competion...for which it has'nt since i can remember!?

Digger will do a bloody good job as he will have full support of the playing group and is a born leader. I reckon the Saints have made things hard for themselves again as they should have appointed him at seasons end and got on with getting a good Assistant and some quality recruits that will stick around for a while. They will struggle but it may be a good oppurtunity for some kids to step up to the plate instead of being lost to the MSE as does usually happen with the Saints :eek::eek:

i honestly think Duldig is one of the best in the western boarder, but im not sure how he would go with coaching and playing his game. did nitschke put his hand up to take on the coaching role with his experience. not taking anything away from duldig, but i would rather see him in a role with not so much pressure because his a player i like to watch. not a bad bloke either i might add.

You are right PI', you might aswell throw in heywood into that bracket because thers nothing better than an even competion...for which it has'nt since i can remember!?
Yes you can include Heywood in that as well, and Hooker will have them very up and about this year and pushing a lot a sides with the young players he has and my spies tell me that he has them training well. Has anyone heard how East, North and South are travelling

Digger will do a bloody good job as he will have full support of the playing group and is a born leader. I reckon the Saints have made things hard for themselves again as they should have appointed him at seasons end and got on with getting a good Assistant and some quality recruits that will stick around for a while. They will struggle but it may be a good oppurtunity for some kids to step up to the plate instead of being lost to the MSE as does usually happen with the Saints :eek::eek:

I agree with ya there Royboy !! but their main focus when they we'nt about securing a new appointment was to get the best man for the job, i'm not saying Steve is the wrong man for the position what i'm saying is if they had there time all over again they should have done it more thoroughly.
It was different circumstances when lang was appointed two seasons ago because it was out of the clubs control.I'm sure if Steve wanted the job he would've put in for it not offered to him out of his control.

i honestly think Duldig is one of the best in the western boarder, but im not sure how he would go with coaching and playing his game. did nitschke put his hand up to take on the coaching role with his experience. not taking anything away from duldig, but i would rather see him in a role with not so much pressure because his a player i like to watch. not a bad bloke either i might add.
Not that i know of, Nitschke did'nt did'nt put his name in the ring...may thought that he had his time.
That will be interesting with digger as he was always one for putting representitive football highly whether it be WB or the SE zone sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting reading in the NOOSA AFC website that it stated that with the coaching appointment of Wayne Fletcher to Noosa in the state league div 2 competition that he has attracted 'the services of several key senior players from the Mt Gambier region' and will be following him to the sunshine coast!!!

One wonders who those players are and it probably wont be last we here of the exodus north!!!?...

The sunshine coast will have a real south east feel about it as Caloundra which is in the state association div 1 (a tier below) is coached/assist coached by former Casteron/EastG/Penola & Kongorong player & coach Daniel Clark, who also has the services of a number of East & West Gambier players in Adam Marcus & Aaron Clarke.

So is there any truth to this fact about a number of players from the mount following Fletcher to Noosa !!!?

Fair points maybe Dougy could be his bench coach that would take a bit of pressure of him or what about BIGANT maybe he could be Diggers right hand man :D:D

I heard from a source over your way BIGANT that there could be a Millicent flavour up in QLD with D Clarke this year any truth in the rumour.

Don't know Royboy, first i've heard of it.Will be interesting to see who goes to Caloundra or Noosa from down this way.

Yes you can include Heywood in that as well, and Hooker will have them very up and about this year and pushing a lot a sides with the young players he has and my spies tell me that he has them training well. Has anyone heard how East, North and South are travelling
But will Hooker have the quality around the young players. Gepp and Saunders rumoured to be heading to Portland.

Gepp and Saunders both been training with portland . the young boys hsve been burning it up down there which is good cause a few have to step up this year to replace some spots from the leaving players from last yr

Are Portland looking to replace Jefferies, Nieman, and Squire or are they hoping the young blokes come along? Ive heard Winnis was scouting around up in Darwin?

Are Portland looking to replace Jefferies, Nieman, and Squire or are they hoping the young blokes come along? Ive heard Winnis was scouting around up in Darwin?
Is Damian Squire playing on at Portland in 08 or has he retired fullstop !?
There's a name that Millicent should've atleast had a crack at...or is he a rough diamond !! a little to rough around the edges in the saints personality criteria !!!

Winis has been scouting around Darwin. Could see a couple from that way in a tigers jumper. Brother is up there(James Imbi). As players the three you mention above are hard to replace. All quality players. I imagine Winis will be after certain types to fill the gaps. The gap between Portland and the rest was big in 07. Other teams will have to step up as I cant see the tigers dropping off.

Is Damian Squire playing on at Portland in 08 or has he retired fullstop !?
There's a name that Millicent should've atleast had a crack at...or is he a rough diamond !! a little to rough around the edges in the saints personality criteria !!!
Squires not playing on at Portland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back