Club Focus Western Bulldogs 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

That is the issue though. Wouldnt bet a look in at most other teams.
Lol jog on. He's criminally underrated, a member of our leadership team, and having one of his best years.

If youre picking out blokes who wouldn't make most teams you'd be mentioning our pressure forwards and outside mids.

Lol jog on. He's criminally underrated, a member of our leadership team, and having one of his best years.

If youre picking out blokes who wouldn't make most teams you'd be mentioning our pressure forwards and outside mids.
I mean you delisted him and gave him a 1 year deal on the rookue list and the guy is your best small defender you have... I think that would be a issue no?

Trade Naughton lol FFS
1 mill a year for the 3rd guy you kick it to up forward isnt good business at all.

If Bulldogs were a basketball team theyd have Kyrie Irving playing centre and saying they shouldnt trade Kyrie Irving for a centre cos Kyrie is a real good clutch shooter.

The team balance means a big boy move needs to be made. The team simply wont win a flag with the current list makeup

1 mill a year for the 3rd guy you kick it to up forward isnt good business at all.

If Bulldogs were a basketball team theyd have Kyrie Irving playing centre and saying they shouldnt trade Kyrie Irving for a centre cos Kyrie is a real good clutch shooter.

The team balance means a big boy move needs to be made. The team simply wont win a flag with the current list makeup

Adam Sandler GIF by IFC

Yeah who wants to have to have three good forwards. Definitely exactly like playing Kyrie Irving at centre.

Adam Sandler GIF by IFC

Yeah who wants to have to have three good forwards. Definitely exactly like playing Kyrie Irving at centre.

No one wants 3 1 million dollar per year forwards. Its too much resources invested into 1 area. You need a good team, not a great forward line to win a flag

Im surprised a team that is 8th is so perfecrly set up and has absolutely zero need for improvements in them though. If I was to be this arrogant about my club id want to not be obliterated by Adelaide for example

No one wants 3 1 million dollar per year forwards. Its too much resources invested into 1 area. You need a good team, not a great forward line to win a flag

Im surprised a team that is 8th is so perfecrly set up and has absolutely zero need for improvements in them though. If I was to be this arrogant about my club id want to not be obliterated by Adelaide for example
Noone is saying we don't need a rejig. It's why Daniel and Macrae are out of favour. But trading Naughton or suggesting Duryea shouldn't be in the team are utterly dumb suggestions and suggest you don't watch us play. We need to upgrade our pressure forwards (Vandermeer, McNiel and potentially Garcia) and need another good outside mid (Poulter has come on a bit lately, but it's still a gap). We need a Duryea replacement as he's probably got 1 year left.

Naughton was clearly our best forward pre knee injury, and was rated the best forward in the league by Champion Data (not a great measure, but shows he is good).

Noone is saying we don't need a rejig. It's why Daniel and Macrae are out of favour. But trading Naughton or suggesting Duryea shouldn't be in the team are utterly dumb suggestions and suggest you don't watch us play. We need to upgrade our pressure forwards (Vandermeer, McNiel and potentially Garcia) and need another good outside mid (Poulter has come on a bit lately, but it's still a gap). We need a Duryea replacement as he's probably got 1 year left.

Naughton was clearly our best forward pre knee injury, and was rated the best forward in the league by Champion Data (not a great measure, but shows he is good).
Duryea is better then the players i mentioned before but that doesnt mean he is good. If he was truly good, you wouldnt have basically been 5 seconds away from ending his career last year.

So you want to rejig the team and do nothing to achieve this?

That sounds like a plan

I said Naughton is a absolute gun and worthy of a top 3 pick + more, but i think you get that top 3 pick and turn it into players you need, as opposed to sitting around, signing English and hoping things magically get better which seems to be the current line of thinking

How do you think you get better in 2024? It is a big year for you after all. Current belief from Doggies fans appears to be you just do the same and hope things get better next year from what I can see

We are not trading Aaron end of story so just stop with that stupid nonsense

We are not trading Aaron end of story so just stop with that stupid nonsense
I dont think you will either. Its a lack of courage to make the big move as opposed to nonesense. You would get a massive haul for a player who you have already replaced, with that being Sam Darcy

A few moves here and there and DOggies can set up a Hawthorn like dynasty of 5 years of dominance, I suspect Doggies dont do it cos they dont wanna hurt some peoples feelings however

Duryea is better then the players i mentioned before but that doesnt mean he is good. If he was truly good, you wouldnt have basically been 5 seconds away from ending his career last year.

So you want to rejig the team and do nothing to achieve this?
... and he's playing better footy this year than last year. Just because it's uncommon for players in their 30's to do this doesn't mean it's impossible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think you will either. Its a lack of courage to make the big move as opposed to nonesense. You would get a massive haul for a player who you have already replaced, with that being Sam Darcy

A few moves here and there and DOggies can set up a Hawthorn like dynasty of 5 years of dominance, I suspect Doggies dont do it cos they dont wanna hurt some peoples feelings however
This is just silly, come on mate.

And that means he shouldnt be upgraded on? He had 1 good year when he was 30 odd means he is untouchable?
Or you just assume given that he's had an injury-free year, and that his training standards and motivation remains the same, that he should play as well next year as he has this year? Old players almost always drop off because their body lets them down or because they lose the will to front up for yet another pre-season, not because there's some magic fairy pixie dust that gets sprinkled on them that makes them worse footballers after the age of 30.

We can improve, it’s just that your ideas are stupid.

We can improve, it’s just that your ideas are stupid.
How? You literally provided nothing as a alternative :D

Its a bit of a similar case as to when Hawthorn traded Trent Croad to Fremantle basically. They made a big move and created the best team of our lifetime. I think Doggies probably gotta look to do a similar move of some sort

Maybe its just letting English go only so Sam Darcy can spend more time rucking to help or something? At present this doesnt look the case. Looks like Bevo will just sign the same people and hope it works itself out which isnt the way to go

Closer then you think really.

Darcy/JUH is Franklin/Roughead all over again. Just gotta fill in the blanks around it
Except it's really not. There was only one year where Roughead played any meaningful minutes as a second ruck, and it was 2012. In their premiership seasons of 2013-15 he had less hit outs collectively than Darcy has had this year already.

Naughton/JUH is a better comparison as they actually play forward and primarily stay in the forward line.

Except it's really not. There was only one year where Roughead played any meaningful minutes as a second ruck, and it was 2012. In their premiership seasons of 2013-15 he had less hit outs collectively than Darcy has had this year already.

Naughton/JUH is a better comparison as they actually play forward and primarily stay in the forward line.
Darcy too good to waste as a 2nd ruck

I think you fans seriously underestimate him. He is the best young KP aroumd. You dont put a Ferrari in the ruck like that.

Maybe its just letting English go only so Sam Darcy can spend more time rucking to help or something? At present this doesnt look the case. Looks like Bevo will just sign the same people and hope it works itself out which isnt the way to go

I think you fans seriously underestimate him. He is the best young KP aroumd. You dont put a Ferrari in the ruck like that.

Back to back posts lol

Be that as it may, if you've formed an opinion on him based on what he's done to date, you can't dismiss what he's done to date as being a waste.

Stop wasting your own time mate, we aren't trading Naughton - and not doing so isn't cowardice. Prior to the injury to his knee earlier in the year that saw him miss a month, he was Champion Datas highest ranked key forward in the league. Our areas of need don't require trading out a key forward of his value.

Be that as it may, if you've formed an opinion on him based on what he's done to date, you can't dismiss what he's done to date as being a waste.

Stop wasting your own time mate, we aren't trading Naughton - and not doing so isn't cowardice. Prior to the injury to his knee earlier in the year that saw him miss a month, he was Champion Datas highest ranked key forward in the league. Our areas of need don't require trading out a key forward of his value.
What do they require then ? Magic ? Pick upe like Harmes/Bramble ain't going to fix it....

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus Western Bulldogs 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back