Western Bulldogs BigFooty Consensus Best 22 - now voting on interchange!

Which four players make up the interchange of our "best 22?"

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not many billy G fans, only 2 votes so far. Was he picked on potential in the coming years or to hopefully fill a hole that was made this off season by a few departing players? I hope he gets an early crack at holding a spot in our forward line. Seems like he has good skills, strong hands and has a bit of mongrel in him too.

I'd be pretty worried about the state of our list if someone we picked up in the rookie draft was instantly best 18.

He's not on Holidays, He's come to realise the quality of our forward line for 2018

Here he is in fetal position, sucking his thumb
View attachment 447636

It's not that bad, Dahl/Dickson/McLean/Picken are all proven quality, it's the talls who are unproven. Both were early picks and at the age they should start showing it at AFL level

I agree it’s not great but the Tigers isn’t much either

Last two years have shown anything is possible if you have the midfield
Fair point. Was quite bullish about our forward line going into this year. Stringer didn’t fire, Crameri didn’t start well then got injured. Cloke wasn’t the answer and Boyd didn’t take the steps forward we all hoped he might.

Maybe with much lower expectations going into next season I’ll be pleasantly surprised. Keen to see what Bailey Dale can do next year. Took a big step forward this year. Hoping for another in 2018.

Pardon the intrusion folks but thought I'd offer my views on the best 22 from an outsiders perspective. Feel free to pick apart as you wish and FYI I haven't done any voting in polls as requested.

FB: Easton Wood ~ Marcus Adams ~ Dale Morris
HB: Jason Johannisen ~ Jackson Trengove ~ Hayden Crozier
CEN: Bailey Dale ~ Tom Libertore ~ Jack Macrae
HF: Toby McLean ~ Tom Boyd ~ Luke Dahlhaus
FF: Liam Picken ~ Jack Redpath/ OR Josh Schache ~ Tory Dickson
R: Jordan Roughead ~ Marcus Bontempelli ~ Lachie Hunter
INT: Mitch Wallis ~ Clay Smith ~ Shane Biggs ~ Caleb Daniel

Pardon the intrusion folks but thought I'd offer my views on the best 22 from an outsiders perspective. Feel free to pick apart as you wish and FYI I haven't done any voting in polls as requested.

Apart from fitting Zaine Cordy in there forward or back (and it would be difficult to do so) probably one of the more sensible opposition best 22's I've read - and certainly better than actual paid journalist's opinions.

Not bad I'd probably switch Crozier and Biggs, with biggs starting and have Croz on bench, but purely because crozier is kind of an unknown for me, you may be more familiar with his abilities.

Only issue may be the bench, with all the talls on the field, and all mid-Hybrids (essentially) on the bench. I can't see that line up surviving as is for very long before a tall was rested and the others all played musical chairs to cover. Not to mention if one of them went down with an injury, Trengove may go to ruck seeing as Biggs can cover down back, but if it's Boyd, only one tall up fwd remains. Then again, Dale can be thrown forward too.

Pretty good line up though, team selection might be a nightmare this year if we have a better injury run for a change.

Out of interest why Hunter as rover, instead of Macrae, Wallis or McLean? I've seen that happen a lot in journalist best-22s all of a sudden too.

Out of interest why Hunter as rover, instead of Macrae, Wallis or McLean? I've seen that happen a lot in journalist best-22s all of a sudden too.

Easy to direct swap him to a wing with Macrae. Very effective outside with his skill by foot.

I do tend to follow the template from the AFL website and than add my own spin on stuff as I see it.

How the hell is Bailey Dale not one of the forward options? He would be virtually top of the list. I would start with Boyd, Redpath, Dale, Dickson, Dahlhaus and Picken. McLean should be there but I reckon he’s needed more in the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the hell is Bailey Dale not one of the forward options? He would be virtually top of the list. I would start with Boyd, Redpath, Dale, Dickson, Dahlhaus and Picken. McLean should be there but I reckon he’s needed more in the midfield.
Already in the team on the wing. Can't fill two spots...

Highest score of 2017 was 19.13 in round 19. vs Essendon.
Stringer didn't play that day, neither did Boyd.
Goal kickers were
JJ 4
Dickson 3
Bont 2
Webb 2
plus 8 other single goal scorers.
Took 16 marks inside 50. 53 inside 50's for the match.
Two weeks after that we had 65 inside 50s vs GWS and scored 7.15. And got thumped.
Too much emphasis is placed on who is playing forward, I am positive Bev is working more on quality accurate entries, locking the ball in and conversion efficiency.

Highest score of 2017 was 19.13 in round 19. vs Essendon.
Stringer didn't play that day, neither did Boyd.
Goal kickers were
JJ 4
Dickson 3
Bont 2
Webb 2
plus 8 other single goal scorers.
Took 16 marks inside 50. 53 inside 50's for the match.
Two weeks after that we had 65 inside 50s vs GWS and scored 7.15. And got thumped.
Too much emphasis is placed on who is playing forward, I am positive Bev is working more on quality accurate entries, locking the ball in and conversion efficiency.
As Bruce Lee said in the classic film "Enter the dragon"
"Boards don't hit back" in other words there is not
much point using teams with no defensive skills to
highlight your scoring potential. Sometimes you tend
to learn more from the truly horrible defeats.

Sorry all.

The forward line of BigFooty's consensus best 22 is as follows:

HF: L. Dahlhaus (87 votes) - J. Schache (81) - T. McLean (82)
FF: T. Dickson (74) - T. Boyd (104) - L. Picken (85)

Next in line were Jack Redpath (37), Clay Smith (31), Caleb Daniel (30), Josh Dunkley (25) and Zaine Cordy (13).

I'll get the poll changed for the interchange as soon as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Bulldogs BigFooty Consensus Best 22 - now voting on interchange!

Back