Game Day Western Derby XXXIX - Who's got the bigger Dong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Before I go any further, I have dedicated this small tribute to the umpires who officiated the West Coast V Carlton game last weekend.

up yours.gif

With that out of the way, lets move onto the game that stops the nation, (Lets face it we are propping up the rest of this useless country) the Western Derby!

Head to Head

West Coast 21 wins
Fremantle 17 wins

We still hold a slender lead over the purple flog muppets, thanks to the West Coast of old, who unlike the current bunch of soft front runners knew how to really terrorize a team.

Andrew Embley Hadukens a hapless Steven Dodd.

embley fresh airy.jpg

Unfortunately in recent years the Dorkers have had our measure, with our last Derby win coming in Round 9, 2012, back when we looked like we might actually challenge for some silverware. With upcoming stars such as Naitanui, Darling, Shuey and the all mighty Tom Swift, Eagles fans were excited, especially in the pants region.

Obligatory Tom Swift Photo

tom swift.jpg

How quickly things can change. In the space of 2 years we've gone from top four contenders, to Richmond like mediocrity.

Form Guide

Both teams have been shit. With the purple fairies being slightly less shit than us. The only reason why we still have a spot in the eight is because we beat up on the cellar dwellars in the first three rounds like a father beats a red headed step child. Spanked by Geelong, and losing to both Port and Carlscum due to a combination of wayward kicking and spectacularly bad umpiring, we go into this Derby with little form and still a number of key players out.

Freo on the other hand lost to LolNorf (Seriously Norf?) And the imploding Swans, who have the most expensive day care fee's of all time, requiring 1 million a year to look after Buddy. (And failing might I add) Their last win came against a PEDless Essendon.

Key Matchups

Eric Mackenzie vs The
Pavlova (Mathew Pavlich)

art-353-mackenzie-300x0.jpg

vs

pav.jpg

Eric is our number one defender and has shut down some of the best forwards in the game. Anytime Big Nose is deep forward, I expect the Big Easy to take him. Pav is a giant silly and looks dumb in purple, therefore Eric wins.

Josh Kennedy vs Pharlap (Luke McPharlin)

jken.jpg

vs

pharlap.jpg

After scoring the goal that sent the Socceroos to the 2014 World Cup, big JK has been moonlighting as an AFL full forward for the West Coast Eagles. Unfortunately for us he's been rubbish this year, struggling to work out that you score more points for your team if you kick it through the big sticks, instead of through the little ones. Hopefully he's got his radar tuned this week because we'll need him to kick a bag if we are to have any hope of winning. His opponent will be Pharlap, a dead horse who despite being sealed away in a glass cabinet, still manages to get on the park once a week and do a reasonable impression of an AFL footballer. Still, Jesus lookalike vs a dead horse, JK should get the chocolates here.

Luke AKA Shane AKA Mitchell AKA Muhammad AKA Mathew Priddis vs Big Footy

pridd.jpg

vs

angry mob.jpg

Week in, week out. Matt continues to do his thing, racking up possessions, sometimes giving them to his team mates, sometimes the opposition, who knows what he'll do next, I don't think even Matt knows. Regardless of his efforts, win, lose or draw. You just know there will be some spirited debate in the 37,000 threads that have been derailed into a Priddis discussion.

A typical Priddis debate

nerd fight.jpg

The Verdict

Freo on paper should win, they are the better team, with a midfield that should run rampant against our slow, midget brigade. So in all honesty I should be tipping them..

You know what though, **** that shit!

I'm sick of these purple blouse wearing poodle walkers, strutting around like they know a thing or two about winning. West Coast need to embrace the Us vs Them attitude. We need to play nasty, like the Eagles of old. I want to see blood, shitty, loser purple blood. These dishlickers from down the road think they own us, and frankly I'm done with it.

So West Coast by any amount, I don't care. All I want to see at the end of the game is the purple failboaters sent packing like the perennial also rans that they are.

EAD Freo.

Caaaarn West Coast!

Last edited:

had a few lolz, one of the better previews...gonna be closer than people think hopefully the boys show heart bigger than a pea this week

What really got up my goat in last year's GF was the amount of support Freo got over here in Victoria. Dockers supporters aren't just traitorous ex-WC supporters -- they're wannabe Pricktorians. Last time we beat Collingwood in Melbourne I barely escaped the MCG with my life. This year after the Dockers beat then at Etihad and the Pies supporters were "Hail fellow, well met." Maybe the Collingwood faithful have gone soft.

**** the Dockers. There's still only one true Western Australian team.

The Priddis summary was spot on :thumbsu:

And no, we are not winning this. When was the last time anybody actually went into a Derby with confidence? Even if we were first on the ladder and Lesbo's were 16th i'd still be tipping Fremantle. Mainly because our team is full of girls blouses not fighters, and will unsurprisingly wet their pants from the moment Freo put a bit of bump and pressure on.

Fremantle by 46pts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only things giving me confidence is the 9 day break. We might actually not look like wwe've run a marthon before the game this week...and the slim possibility Michael Barlow is back...
Clearly the team that successfully loses this match will be the team that most intensely embraces the suck and goes out there with a real determination to throw away any lead necessary in order to lose. Both teams are in it with a shot at losing, but we won't know until that Hallowed day which team is truly shite.

Yeah Freo will win this. Expect them to win the stoppages clearances and contested ball and us to squander our opportunities in front of goal leading to mass walkout of fans at 25 minute mark of final quarter as Eagles fans get angry at another display of mediocrity. Reverse psychology reverse psychology please win Eagles I have a Dockers flatmate.

Nice preview, but I think you'll find that it's west coast supporters who are more likely to own a poodle.

**** the Dockers. There's still only one true Western Australian team.
The Wildcats?

Bring in McGinnity to punch Ballantyne and Crowley in the face.

Dockers by dozens of points in a scrappy affair.
I think if McGinnity is half serious about extending his sub par AFL career this is all he has to do. Shit stir. Get in faces. Tell players he r*ped their mum. Hit them, niggle and antagonise. Be a more of a campaigner than Ryan Crowley.

Nice preview, but I think you'll find that it's west coast supporters who are more likely to own a poodle.

The Wildcats?
Staaaaaand Together, West Australia!

Suspect we're not likely to see any more national titles coming to WA this year, sadly ;)

Three will have to suffice! (Heat, Scorchers, Wildcats)

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Western Derby XXXIX - Who's got the bigger Dong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back