shuveradda

Team Captain
Feb 14, 2004
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
We all know about rhyce prismall and how highly he is rated for the upcoming draft but what are the chances of any of the other jets players.

Nathan black - quickish inside midfielder with good skills and attack at the footy, seemed to struggle a tad last year but was still invited to the metro side and looks like he'll make it in the team next year. have always thought thsi kid had afl potential and at 184 cms shows good height.

Will Sullivan - the development this kid has shown is tremendous, has gone from a bumbling fumbling beanpole to a reliable tap ruckman. Still needs to work on skills abit and awareness but looks to have great scope for improvement as he only the started the game 3-4 years ago.

The only other remote chance i can think for the jets would be chris latella.. what are your thoughts on this?

haha ahh, chris .. he is one of the biggest boys i have ever seen for his age. Is absolutely a monster.

Looks to not have much scope for improvement left but, is the most dedicated person on the track. Doesn't drink at all, goes to gym and is just totally focused for footy. Sort of an old school type as in he would of suceeded at the highest level probly about 15-20 years ago. Not saying he isn't athletic i just dont think that the clubs have that much interest in him for some reason or another.

I can't think of the wingman your thinking of total 90's? any other info on him..?

Prismall is a really interesting one. The reality is that no club saw fit to select him this year, not even with a pick in the 70s or 80s.

So is that just a case of bad luck, or do clubs think he has areas of his game that need to be improved sufficiently before they'll give him a shot?

We've seen it before where a fella is thought of as a good bottom aged prospect, no clubs selects him and then he goes around the next year and misses out on being drafted again. I'm not saying Prismall fits into that category but he'll still need to work damn hard next year to make sure he's "highly rated".

Prismall is a really interesting one. The reality is that no club saw fit to select him this year, not even with a pick in the 70s or 80s.

So is that just a case of bad luck, or do clubs think he has areas of his game that need to be improved sufficiently before they'll give him a shot?

We've seen it before where a fella is thought of as a good bottom aged prospect, no clubs selects him and then he goes around the next year and misses out on being drafted again. I'm not saying Prismall fits into that category but he'll still need to work damn hard next year to make sure he's "highly rated".

Footyman id like to hear your thoughts on prismalls game if you could?

I was thinking exactly what you saif after the draft, we've seen it happen to thomas redden and alan toovey so it is actually pretty possible what you are saying could be correct.

prismall, sullivan and black or the obvious ones. what about cartelli and latella?
also a few bottom agers from the jets, the stand outs from last year were banner, mckerracher, haby. all three of them played games last year in the 18's as 16 year olds. heard anything about them? mckerracher and haby are key position players and banner is a midfielder with a deadly kick. any thoughts on them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Jets prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Back