Western Region FL - Division One - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region FL - Division One - Part 2

Plz i would love the opportunity to play on NQR

Thought you would like that. I think Cougar has stopped playing players returning from long term injuries back in the 1s and so Ben Foley will be welcomed back through the 2s this week and most likely at full back. Mainly to get his match fitness back up with the ability to run straight as a backman on a smaller ground.

Thought you would like that. I think Cougar has stopped playing players returning from long term injuries back in the 1s and so Ben Foley will be welcomed back through the 2s this week and most likely at full back. Mainly to get his match fitness back up with the ability to run straight as a backman on a smaller ground.

I bet my life on it that if foley is fit to play this week he will be straight in the seniors and if he was fit and played two's it would be a dumb coaching move. I told the cougar players of foleys ability does not play ressies.

Bloomfield is a freak everytime i look at the results he has a bag to his name never seen him play can someone tell me a little bit about how he plays

Good outside player who is strong overhead. Very good skills. Hasn't set the world on fire when it comes to the real deal. Still pretty young though.

I bet my life on it that if foley is fit to play this week he will be straight in the seniors and if he was fit and played two's it would be a dumb coaching move. I told the cougar players of foleys ability does not play ressies.

I know you take this forum with a grain of salt Rock, but surely you could see i was taking the piss. Anyway hope it's not wet saturday, the arthritis may kick in and you may get stranded on 9.lol

I know you take this forum with a grain of salt Rock, but surely you could see i was taking the piss. Anyway hope it's not wet saturday, the arthritis may kick in and you may get stranded on 9.lol

Of course i do, just hope you also realise that i will be playing seniors not reserves, dissapointed i didn't get the chance last time to play against my old mate, so hopefully i get promoted after kicking a few last week!!!

A couple of big games this week....

Altona v Albion - tipping a draw if Altona can shut down Bloomfield
Glenorden v Spotswood - Spotty by ....
Colts v Sunshine - this could be a cracking game, small ground, Sunshine going down last week, colts coming off a big win over west.... Colts by 1 point
St Albans v Hoppers - Can St Albans bounce back after last week? I dont think so, Hoppers by 8 points
West v Sunshine Heights - After seeing Heights play against us last week and perform well I think they will be too good and have a very comfortable win - 79 points

A couple of big games this week....

Altona v Albion - tipping a draw if Altona can shut down Bloomfield
Glenorden v Spotswood - Spotty by ....
Colts v Sunshine - this could be a cracking game, small ground, Sunshine going down last week, colts coming off a big win over west.... Colts by 1 point
St Albans v Hoppers - Can St Albans bounce back after last week? I dont think so, Hoppers by 8 points
West v Sunshine Heights - After seeing Heights play against us last week and perform well I think they will be too good and have a very comfortable win - 79 points

Altona - Just seem to fit and to quick
Spotswood - No reason needed
Colts - Should be to good at home Sunshine look to be struggling atm
Hoppers - Just see them winning this tough game and making the 5
Sunshine Heights - Dont no why dont really care who wins this one

Altona - Just seem to fit and to quick
Spotswood - No reason needed
Colts - Should be to good at home Sunshine look to be struggling atm
Hoppers - Just see them winning this tough game and making the 5
Sunshine Heights - Dont no why dont really care who wins this one

Its the match of the round!!
How on Earth can the WRFL think Last vs 2nd Last will be a better match then 2vs4, 5vs6, 3vs7- all teams in the mix for finals(besides colts)....
If the WRFL is showcasing Heights vs West as the best match the league can produce this weekend, then i dont know what to think...

Altona to finish top 3 by beating Albion (17 points)
Spotty to tear apart Glenorden (251 points)
Sunshine to also finish top 3 by knocking of Colts (6 points)
St Albans to make the finals over Hoppers (24 points)
Heights to beat West in the best game of park footy that will be seen in many of years(60 points)

Its the match of the round!!
How on Earth can the WRFL think Last vs 2nd Last will be a better match then 2vs4, 5vs6, 3vs7- all teams in the mix for finals(besides colts)....
If the WRFL is showcasing Heights vs West as the best match the league can produce this weekend, then i dont know what to think...

Altona to finish top 3 by beating Albion (17 points)
Spotty to tear apart Glenorden (251 points)
Sunshine to also finish top 3 by knocking of Colts (6 points)
St Albans to make the finals over Hoppers (24 points)
Heights to beat West in the best game of park footy that will be seen in many of years(60 points)

I think you will find it is not that they think it is a better match than any other but it is because Heights have not yet been involved in a match of the round. I think it is only fair each club in division 1 is given the opportunity to showcase their team to the rest of the competition in a match of the round regardless of ladder positioning. I am sure the likes of spotswood and sunshine won't mind giving us a go for a week

I think you will find it is not that they think it is a better match than any other but it is because Heights have not yet been involved in a match of the round. I think it is only fair each club in division 1 is given the opportunity to showcase their team to the rest of the competition in a match of the round regardless of ladder positioning. I am sure the likes of spotswood and sunshine won't mind giving us a go for a week

When was Altonas match of the round?

When was Altonas match of the round?

I am pretty sure their first game against spotswood was match of the round. Maybe when the radio crew were having technical issues with their new broadcasting equipment. I am sure they will also get coverage during the finals.

Simple answer.$$$$$ These clubs do not want to and cannot compete with the big dollar clubs.It becomes a bottomless pit.Werribee should go upto C grade in the Ammo's which is a pretty good standard.Williamstown may go up as well if a few things go their way. Point Cook are finding their feet as a club and the Ammo's is the best environment for them for now. I know a lot of you guys won't agree, but a salary cap has to be considered if you want your competition to survive in the long term.Whilst the West continues to grow so does soccer which is the biggest threat in the next few years.Football Victoria needs to get off its backside and start spreading the word and some serious dollars in developing the game in the schools instead of spending millions in Sydney & Qld.I would rather have root canal than watch a game of soccer.

quite a good idea for williamstown, werribee and pointcook to get out of there league and into ours. $$$$ is not a problem wat so ever people play at werribee in the amos for diddly squat. Good idea though, the league shud deffently speak to football victoria of wateva the association is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

quite a good idea for williamstown, werribee and pointcook to get out of there league and into ours. $$$$ is not a problem wat so ever people play at werribee in the amos for diddly squat. Good idea though, the league shud deffently speak to football victoria of wateva the association is.

simple answer to all the problems, your only allowed 2/3/4/5?? outside players to your senior body, outside of them they have to be the kids who come thru ya juniors???? suburban rivalry is dead!!! not quite, but not far off it, yeah, keenan, u can be our centre half back:D

Well don Crackers 100 goals in 16 games awesome effort, especially with your kicking style!!
Interesting fact to see spotty have kicked 130 goals more than the next place side which is colts, in the points for colum....shows how much spotty dominate this competition.

Watched some of the Hoppers and Saints game yesterday. I must say that Hoppers looked terrible and i don't think you can blame the coach. Some of the players out there were well below what I would consider A grade standard (i know there have been injuries). The saints looked OK plenty of young guys and with some bigger more senior players can push in the near future. There was a fight in the third quarter that went for about 5 minutes (with no send offs??) so it was good to see the umpiring hasn't improved....

Watched some of the Hoppers and Saints game yesterday. I must say that Hoppers looked terrible and i don't think you can blame the coach. Some of the players out there were well below what I would consider A grade standard (i know there have been injuries). The saints looked OK plenty of young guys and with some bigger more senior players can push in the near future. There was a fight in the third quarter that went for about 5 minutes (with no send offs??) so it was good to see the umpiring hasn't improved....

i would have said it was a credit to the umpires that there wasn't a send off.

let boys be boys.

i would have said it was a credit to the umpires that there wasn't a send off.

let boys be boys.

Nobody got hurt but that sort of comment dates back to the late 80's. Its part of the reason that good players are hard to recruit and that the standard of footy has dropped away so badly in the last 5 years. Umpires still need to be in control of the game and they weren't at that stage.

Well don Crackers 100 goals in 16 games awesome effort, especially with your kicking style!!
Interesting fact to see spotty have kicked 130 goals more than the next place side which is colts, in the points for colum....shows how much spotty dominate this competition.

Is a great effort by the big fella he is a super star, I recken occa would have givin him more than 50% of those goals. Who was last bloke to kick 100 goals in 16 games in this competition?

There was a fight in the third quarter that went for about 5 minutes (with no send offs??) so it was good to see the umpiring hasn't improved....
I'd have more of an issue with the WRFL deciding that when there is a fight they will just throw the ball in the air and hope that fights will break up because the play has recommenced. So the play is going on at the same time as a fight is going on - what is the umpire watching??

few interesting results at the weekend..

Albion have done a great job to come back from being 2-4 early in season! with orden and heights to go they should be assured top 3 now..
great signs since the 2 brothers departed.. really given a chance for home grown kids to show there worth and the club is better for it!

Where does it leave altona and sunshine?? wheels seem to be falling off at kindersmith.. can altona really be a threat against the better sides. time will tell with 2 big games to go..
also proved colts are still a fair side and will be a shame to see them not in finals..

dont think spotty can be beat, but its great to know a new team will be in the GF this year! which in its own right will see that team feel they had a successfull year!

Some very interesting results from the w/end. Watched hoppers and the saints, who could well be back on track. Could colts still make it? Bit like the hawks i suppose. Sides looking over their shoulder if they do. Any reports from the w/end? A little birdy tells me Jacobs may as well have had a colts jumper on from all his turn overs.

Some very interesting results from the w/end. Watched hoppers and the saints, who could well be back on track. Could colts still make it? Bit like the hawks i suppose. Sides looking over their shoulder if they do. Any reports from the w/end? A little birdy tells me Jacobs may as well have had a colts jumper on from all his turn overs.

We where dissappointing against St Albans to say the least. The saints seemed more desperate after the smacking they got against Albion last week (Just shows really how much we are off the mark). The umpires have alot to answer for in this game but would not have affected the result but made it 3-4 goals closer seemed St. Albans where well looked after as per usual.
Not going to say I told you so but what is Sunshines record after the mid year brawl? The wheels may not have fallen off but are moving a hell of alot slower.

Well your little birdy has it wrong , from what i saw Sunshine seemed to be very timid and more than a few were not to keen on winning a contested ball and only lifted when the game opened up and they had space to run in.

Heard they had a few out but will really need to be more competitive if they are to go far in the finals which Spotswood will win by 10-15 goals anyway, i think the Grand Final crowd will be well down this year because most people will have better things to do than watch a one sided game drinking light beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back