Status
Not open for further replies.
May 28, 2006
Sunshine
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sunshine Heights
Not much happening on here. Rock... are you locked in as coach for 2010?

Any other news on coaching appointments? (Glenorden, St Albans, West)?

Re: Western Region Football League Team (Part 4)

Not much happening on here. Rock... are you locked in as coach for 2010?

Any other news on coaching appointments? (Glenorden, St Albans, West)?

No, not locked in yet. I believe the club will advertise shortly, after losing 3 in a row the club may want change and i can understand why.
I am very proud of what we have achieved over the last 7 years hopefully i can continue as i did look forward to coaching without playing but if it's not to be, think i may have a year off.

No, not locked in yet. I believe the club will advertise shortly, after losing 3 in a row the club may want change and i can understand why.
I am very proud of what we have achieved over the last 7 years hopefully i can continue as i did look forward to coaching without playing but if it's not to be, think i may have a year off.

Rock you have said on here before that you are Port Colts forever and would play 2nds when the time came,thinking of elsewhere are you or nothing at all if you are not reappointed.

One question for you,how didn't that speedster from Werribee two's Jackel not get a game in the Grand Final,wasn't a case of playing mates again was it.from what i saw would have been very handy on a warm dry sunny day down at werribee.

Rock you have said on here before that you are Port Colts forever and would play 2nds when the time came,thinking of elsewhere are you or nothing at all if you are not reappointed.

One question for you,how didn't that speedster from Werribee two's Jackel not get a game in the Grand Final,wasn't a case of playing mates again was it.from what i saw would have been very handy on a warm dry sunny day down at werribee.

I will definately be playing two's at colts next year, but in the future may coach else where if the opportunity comes about.
I am colts through and through and have given more than anyone and still will, though i have never said i wouldn't coach any where else just not play.

Jackel would have definately been handy but the thing with that he never trained with us all year, along with him not feeling comfortable taking someones spot the leadership group along with myself didn't think it was the right thing either and i would make the same decision every single time. Premierships are important but the fabric of your club is more so.
Never picked mates or family for that matter ahead of anyone, as people in the know at the club would attest.

Unless the club are bringing in Kevin Sheedy I am not sure how they would find a coach with a better record:thumbsu:

Any news on the Sunshine job? I havn't even heard a whisper of anyone that may have applied?

Unless the club are bringing in Kevin Sheedy I am not sure how they would find a coach with a better record:thumbsu:

Any news on the Sunshine job? I havn't even heard a whisper of anyone that may have applied?

Maybe Ben Kelly....lol it's not like that though, just think some mite think a change could be good, and then again maybe they are happy for me to go on, it's just the club will advertise the position every year from now on.
Hopefully the club gets some keen and astute prospects, 7 years of me has probably wore thin on some.......

No whispers on the sunshine job...hahaha, i'm sure some names will start popping up soon.

Maybe Ben Kelly....lol it's not like that though, just think some mite think a change could be good, and then again maybe they are happy for me to go on, it's just the club will advertise the position every year from now on.
Hopefully the club gets some keen and astute prospects, 7 years of me has probably wore thin on some.......

No whispers on the sunshine job...hahaha, i'm sure some names will start popping up soon.

Heard a pretty strong whisper Callum Urch has applied and been given the thumbs up from all reports.

Has there been a decision on who is going to be in D1 next year?.

Gee that would be a fair get (playing wise) for Sunshine. He will certainly add a bit of what they are missing. I would imagine that he would be asking a fair bit and Sunshine have always said that they are not a high paying club so it may not be over the line.
In regards to the club that will fill the last spot in Div 1, it would be good if it could be announced sooner rather than later. If West stays up they will need all the time that they can get to start planning.

Reserves (playing or non playing)
Under 18, 16, 14, 12, 10
Written applications stating previous experience and personal details
Including, a contact telephone number should be addressed to
The Secretary
Sunshine Football Club
2 Greig Street
Sunshine Vic 3020
Or emailed to [EMAIL="info@sunshinekangaroos.com.au"]info@sunshinekangaroos.com.au[/EMAIL]
Applications for Senior/Reserves positions close Friday 25th September 2009.That is this Friday

Applications for under age positions close Friday 30th October 2009.

Applications close this week.

Gee that would be a fair get (playing wise) for Sunshine. He will certainly add a bit of what they are missing. I would imagine that he would be asking a fair bit and Sunshine have always said that they are not a high paying club so it may not be over the line.

In regards to the club that will fill the last spot in Div 1, it would be good if it could be announced sooner rather than later. If West stays up they will need all the time that they can get to start planning.

Heard Alam Williams (former Albion and Sunshine player - more recently the Albanvale coach) was a strong candidate who was being considered..
Unless the money is an issue, you would think Urch would be a certainty!

And training

I dont know Urch wot so ever, but is he a coach candidate? heard on here that committment could be questionable, and he loves to get on it and be one of the boys? if true the may have to change a bit. but as a player would be superb for the league and for Sunshine, just not so sure as a coach but who knows.

The Lancefield Football/Netball Club is a succesful family club affiliated in the Riddell District Football League. Season 2009 saw the club return to the top, with the senior team taking out the premiership.

We are currently seeking expressions of interest for season 2010 in the following positions:
  • Senior football coach
  • Reserves football coach
  • Under 18's football coach
Applications close Friday October 9, 2009.

Anybody with interest PM me for more details, or email the club at info@lancefieldfc.org.au

The Lancefield Football/Netball Club is a succesful family club affiliated in the Riddell District Football League. Season 2009 saw the club return to the top, with the senior team taking out the premiership.

We are currently seeking expressions of interest for season 2010 in the following positions:
  • Senior football coach
  • Reserves football coach
  • Under 18's football coach
Applications close Friday October 9, 2009.

Anybody with interest PM me for more details, or email the club at info@lancefieldfc.org.au

There you go Clarkey. If Port give you the flick theres always Lancefield. Just up the road. Lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There you go Clarkey. If Port give you the flick theres always Lancefield. Just up the road. Lol

I've got some slightly better offers than that mate.....lol
If i'm not coaching the colts i will more than likely take a year off coaching, and just have a kick in the two's at the colts, although you never know.

No chance on Urch to the Yellow Bellies.....
IMO would not play against Spotty or Colts... Has mates at both clubs....
Sunshine would not have enough coin to get him....
Would be making a killing a Darley....
And Yes... Can Party...

Interesting few weeks of footy trips ahead.

Sunshine Heights are off to Cairns Oct 8-12. I am led to beleive that Sunshine, Albion and Altona will also be there staying at the same place on the same weekend!!!

Could be an interesting weekend:eek::eek:

Sunshine Heights are off to Cairns Oct 8-12. I am led to beleive that Sunshine, Albion and Altona will also be there staying at the same place on the same weekend!!!

Colts will also be there, i'm pretty sure we are at Gilligans....is there were you are staying.....could be fun!!!!

should make it easy to pull one with some of them heads floating around

Rock/Cougar any you guys of to the boxing in Port tonite?
Port Melbournes own Kerry Palmer V New Zealand
and ex
Spotty Junior Travis Staron V Argentina.
plus World title fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back