Western Region FL - Division One

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny O, according to the grilled source. Hoppers my have their praccy match at football victoria, apperently 3 key players that were happy to sign "juicy" contracts elsewhere and then reneged have hit a nerve at an edfl club. The club involved is not taking it lightly and are hell bent on challenging the change of mind. The huge demands that were meet by the club in order to secure the 3 new players to the club is an issue will not go away easily.

it appears that the coach that didnt get a b grade position at the club may have been the driving force behind the change of mind, might be sour grapes.

Personally im not in the inner sanctum of the club so can only go off what I hear and what i've heard is they had already signed a contract at Hoppers before signing one at A/West and had changed there minds and now want to honour their original contract with Hoppers, so i would think smart heads will preval in this instance. Would be pretty hard to have AFLVIC overturn a contract to a club that not one of the players want to play for you would think.

The thing I dont understand is they these guys dont realise that they have signed 2 contracts and they need to be made accountable. Why do they think they can go to the highest bidder after theu have put pen to paper at Hoppers, maybe a 1 week suspension or something like that will stop this crap from happening. Cause it is a total waste of time for both club adminsitrations.... like they all have heaps of time on their hands at this time of the year anyway.. these guys need to grow up - when you sign, you have signed full stop!!

The thing I dont understand is they these guys dont realise that they have signed 2 contracts and they need to be made accountable. Why do they think they can go to the highest bidder after theu have put pen to paper at Hoppers, maybe a 1 week suspension or something like that will stop this crap from happening. Cause it is a total waste of time for both club adminsitrations.... like they all have heaps of time on their hands at this time of the year anyway.. these guys need to grow up - when you sign, you have signed full stop!!

from the OUTSIDELOOKINGIN cant the club who signed these contracted players get into trouble for approaching the players that had an existing contract dont kno how it all works. agree it is time waisting for all involved i think we sore the same thing last year with Patak and Mcgee from Spotty and they were both told they could not leave spotty because they had a contract in place.

Very well done, great wrap up of pre-season form of players and clubs. Good to see some actual decent footy discussion on this particular thread.

Don't subscribe to your theory of tough times ahead for the Warriors though. There has been some high profile departures of the players you mentioned, aswell as Koutzamanis and Downey. But the new recruits and returns you mentioned are more than handy replacements with Murphy and Merrifield big inclusions from injury and work respectively, and Chris Latella is a fitness freak looking very sharp this pre-season. Young Justin Chircop looks promising again this year as he matures and leads a good group of U/18's coming through.

The retirement of the old warrior Adam Taylor is a loss, but Jason Butty's performance in last years winning qualifying final against Spotswood showed he can be a very formiddable key backman and defender Chris Brierty is looking like one of the fittest down at Hogans Rd this pre-season. And as Danny said, Koutzamanis played majority of last season in the early game and with new blood coming through, the roll of small forward can be covered.

I'd also like to say the comments towards Reece Miles playing for himself and undoing Altona's good work are a little harsh. Milsey has been known to pump his own tyres from time to time, but he plays for the team and registered more handballs than the majority, possibly all, of the on-ballers for HC last season. He is a good team man and was apart of last seasons leadership group nominated by the players. Will be a massive pick up for Altona. Huge engine, ball magnet and kicks goals. Best of luck to him.

I reckon as long as you have Bomba starting on the ball and staying on the ball for the full 120 mins anything is possible... easily the best footballer I have seen/played with/against in my lifetime! I am actually going to give him a buzz so he can show me how to kick like him, SUPERSTAR!

On a serious note, Milesy will be a massive loss. In my eyes he is in the top 8-10 mids in the comp and no matter what you say about him as a bloke he always had a crack and was a willing team member on the field, personally I felt we were a much better chance of getting the ball going forward and with a bit speed with him in the side rather than being out of the side. I think he will be a be great for Altona and instantly becomes there best player, which in a sense I think he will love.

Wel,well,well the jungle drums are beating that Jack Love has resigned or withdrawn his services on Tuesday after a crisis meeting was held by the playing group due to the fact that AFL vic and the wrfl have made it quite clear he will not be allowed to coach Port Colts, although it seems thats been the case for 3 or 4 months the penny finally dropped!

Also from this, there is a big push to get clarke back to the club it seems the decision makers are backpedaling on this issue.

Not 100% but can anyone confirm or deny this info, also who is likely to be the new coach at the colts?

Hey Peanut i see you are still listening to half truth's and getting excited about them.

Hey Peanut i see you are still listening to half truth's and getting excited about them.

Half truths?

a) Love has resigned - T/F (not Sure) Bloods please confirm or deny

b) Clarke was contacted to return - T/F - True

c) A crisis meeting has been held - T/F - True

d)its been known allover local footy that Love was never going to be coach for reasons mentioned yet the colts lived in denial? T/F True

Sounds like your backpedalling?

Half truths?

d)its been known allover local footy that Love was never going to be coach for reasons mentioned yet the colts lived in denial? T/F True

Not from anyone official, so untrue!!

Love did not resigned, just not allowed to coach and decided in the best interest not to pursue it, but will be around the club to help out
No crisis meeting, just a commite meeting that was already scheduled.
Well that's my understanding!!

Not from anyone official, so untrue!!

Love did not resigned, just not allowed to coach and decided in the best interest not to pursue it, but will be around the club to help out
No crisis meeting, just a commite meeting that was already scheduled.
Well that's my understanding!!

Well Peanut now you have finally heard the truth.

I have asked in a previous post why did the Colts not ensure from the league/AFL that Love could coach before appointing him or appoint him pending approval and have back up plan.

The club looks for very ordianary from outsider perspective in this appointment, and it seems to have loss a natural successor in Jacobs.

After watching in the last couple of GF's they were beaten by a fitter/better team, a new coach would not have made difference.

I have asked in a previous post why did the Colts not ensure from the league/AFL that Love could coach before appointing him or appoint him pending approval and have back up plan.

The club looks for very ordianary from outsider perspective in this appointment, and it seems to have loss a natural successor in Jacobs.

After watching in the last couple of GF's they were beaten by a fitter/better team, a new coach would not have made difference.

Firstly a new coach could make a team fitter ...if that's the reason we lost.
I disagree that spotty were the better team last year, on the day yes they were, fitter though i doubt it alot, we scored more goals against the wind, and played two players short for 15mins against a 6 goal breeze.

Half truths?

Peanuthead that's all you comment about - Love coaching or Clarke not coaching, what's the deal? I'm sure we will all find out when the decision is made but you seem very worried about this issue, it's the only issue you post about, i'm also interested in the outcome but not as much as you!

I disagree that spotty were the better team last year, on the day yes they were, fitter though i doubt it alot, we scored more goals against the wind, and played two players short for 15mins against a 6 goal breeze.[/QUOTE]

Not a lot of point wasting time on the GF’s they are consigned to history and Spotty have the flag.

If I was Port Colts supporter I would be concerned with the following with there coaching appointments as I said at the start of email which read as follows:

The club looks for very ordinary from an outsider perspective in this appointment, and it seems to have loss a natural successor in Jacobs.

Players are like horses doesn't take much to spook one and then next thing you know you have stampede towards to the door.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree that spotty were the better team last year, on the day yes they were, fitter though i doubt it alot, we scored more goals against the wind, and played two players short for 15mins against a 6 goal breeze.

Not a lot of point wasting time on the GF’s they are consigned to history and Spotty have the flag.

If I was Port Colts supporter I would be concerned with the following with there coaching appointments as I said at the start of email which read as follows:

The club looks for very ordinary from an outsider perspective in this appointment, and it seems to have loss a natural successor in Jacobs.

Players are like horses doesn't take much to spook one and then next thing you know you have stampede towards to the door.[/quote]

If i was you BAC i would more worried about my own backyard at Hoppers with Ezard taking over,wasn't he sacked mid year at Noble Park last year ??? and haven't many a Hoppers player been spooked simply by looking in the mirror,is it the Warriors or the Worriers.

And yes there alway's was a plan B,if Jack wasn't cleared and it has been followed so no drama's at the Colt's end.

Yes Jacob's may be a good coach but he had a better offer.

Players are like horses doesn't take much to spook one and then next thing you know you have stampede towards to the door.[/quote]

Cougar has said on here himself, that before being approached by Sunshine, that he had no aspirations nor even thought about coaching. How does this make him a natural successor?

As a sunshine supportor (during the footy season) I wish Cougar all the best and believe he will continue from where Tocka left off. Ihope colts get thingsx sorted, cause as much as I love to hate them, they have been the measuring stick of the comp for the last 5 or 6 years. If they were to struggle this year due to 1 poor management decision, it would not be good for the league in general,IMHO

I reckon as long as you have Bomba starting on the ball and staying on the ball for the full 120 mins anything is possible... easily the best footballer I have seen/played with/against in my lifetime! I am actually going to give him a buzz so he can show me how to kick like him, SUPERSTAR!

On a serious note, Milesy will be a massive loss. In my eyes he is in the top 8-10 mids in the comp and no matter what you say about him as a bloke he always had a crack and was a willing team member on the field, personally I felt we were a much better chance of getting the ball going forward and with a bit speed with him in the side rather than being out of the side. I think he will be a be great for Altona and instantly becomes there best player, which in a sense I think he will love.

Im sorry, but are you saying phibbs (bomba) from hoppers is the best you have played with?

Players are like horses doesn't take much to spook one and then next thing you know you have stampede towards to the door.

Cougar has said on here himself, that before being approached by Sunshine, that he had no aspirations nor even thought about coaching. How does this make him a natural successor?

As a sunshine supportor (during the footy season) I wish Cougar all the best and believe he will continue from where Tocka left off. Ihope colts get thingsx sorted, cause as much as I love to hate them, they have been the measuring stick of the comp for the last 5 or 6 years. If they were to struggle this year due to 1 poor management decision, it would not be good for the league in general,IMHO[/QUOTE]

Your kidding me surely, Jacobs would have jumped to coach the Colts. Surely he didnt wake one day and decide to coach and low and behold he got a job.

Jacobs would have been a natural at Port and a natural successor, I dont think Colts worked hard enough to get him.

What you are suggesting is that Sunshine appointed a coach who had no aspirations or thoughts to coach and suddenly he is your head coach the man tasked with teaching and aspiring others to perform.

If this way Port act in appointing a coach, need to think how they handle player contracts and negotiations..

Port should have done there due dilgence with Love, Love was directly involved/started a nasty incident in Cairns and brought disgrace on himself and his club and for my reason the Colts think he is the man who should be tasked with leading there club. What did they he was going to bring to the club? I suppose they thought he was the missing piece in there premiership jigsaw.

If he was there first pick, it doesnt say alot about the rest of the applicants for the job at Colts, surely the Colts could have found a more suitable from all of the leagues in Melbourne.

Im sorry, but are you saying phibbs (bomba) from hoppers is the best you have played with?

It's Phipps not Phibbs, I'm taking the piss but in all honesty he does go quite well the old uncle foss.

As a sunshine supportor (during the footy season) I wish Cougar all the best and believe he will continue from where Tocka left off. Ihope colts get thingsx sorted, cause as much as I love to hate them, they have been the measuring stick of the comp for the last 5 or 6 years. If they were to struggle this year due to 1 poor management decision, it would not be good for the league in general,IMHO

Your kidding me surely, Jacobs would have jumped to coach the Colts. Surely he didnt wake one day and decide to coach and low and behold he got a job.

Jacobs would have been a natural at Port and a natural successor, I dont think Colts worked hard enough to get him.

What you are suggesting is that Sunshine appointed a coach who had no aspirations or thoughts to coach and suddenly he is your head coach the man tasked with teaching and aspiring others to perform.

If this way Port act in appointing a coach, need to think how they handle player contracts and negotiations..

Port should have done there due dilgence with Love, Love was directly involved/started a nasty incident in Cairns and brought disgrace on himself and his club and for my reason the Colts think he is the man who should be tasked with leading there club. What did they he was going to bring to the club? I suppose they thought he was the missing piece in there premiership jigsaw.

If he was there first pick, it doesnt say alot about the rest of the applicants for the job at Colts, surely the Colts could have found a more suitable from all of the leagues in Melbourne.[/quote]

Are you illiterate or what?

go back and read a few posts before you make a bigger tool of yourself

I am merely stating facts, that have been previosly posted and an opinion on the future of Sunshine for the coming season.

I suppose the old addage comes to mind though..
opinions are like arse holes...
every one has one.......

It's Phipps not Phibbs, I'm taking the piss but in all honesty he does go quite well the old uncle foss.

Just the mere presence of the great man lifts players to incredible heights. There is no one as switched on and entusiastic on the field, as lean and as fit as a human could possibly achieve. Certainly one of the best and most influential players I have ever laid my eyes on, most definatly an honour to share the same club as the uncle haha.... Seriously he is a top player though, looking for a big year from Bomba this season!

If i was you BAC i would more worried about my own backyard at Hoppers with Ezard taking over,wasn't he sacked mid year at Noble Park last year ??? and haven't many a Hoppers player been spooked simply by looking in the mirror,is it the Warriors or the Worriers.

And yes there alway's was a plan B,if Jack wasn't cleared and it has been followed so no drama's at the Colt's end.

Yes Jacob's may be a good coach but he had a better offer.[/quote]

Bloods05, please tell me it isn't so, because i can't stop laughing if true.
Last nite at CQ someone told me that Port Colts new coach is that loud mouth supporter Boris, who is making the decisions down there?

Bloods05, please tell me it isn't so, because i can't stop laughing if true.
Last nite at CQ someone told me that Port Colts new coach is that loud mouth supporter Boris, who is making the decisions down there?[/quote]

Footydoctor,i think you may need to see a real doctor if you believed what you were told.

Yes Jacob's may be a good coach but he had a better offer.[/quote]

Don't think i'll be a very good coach if i'm only doing it coz i had a better offer.

There are many reasons for why i left but it was never solely based on money - in fact when asked how much i wanted to stay and coach i said half of what i had been offered to leave

If you think I only left coz i seen the $$ signs then you don't know me very well and/or don't think highly of my character

Don't think i'll be a very good coach if i'm only doing it coz i had a better offer.

There are many reasons for why i left but it was never solely based on money - in fact when asked how much i wanted to stay and coach i said half of what i had been offered to leave

If you think I only left coz i seen the $$ signs then you don't know me very well and/or don't think highly of my character[/quote]

Cougar nobody could blame you for taking the offer you have taken if the figure talked about is true,i for one certainly wouldnt but surely you are not saying other reasons would be disenchantment with the club you bled for and have many mates at ? You have said before Coaching wasnt a high priority when the offer was made and fwiw i think you were quite genuine when saying that,so would you have stayed at Port if it didnt arise or were you disappointed about how things were going ? By the way any news on the coaching front for the Colts from any of the boys ?

If you think I only left coz i seen the $$ signs then you don't know me very well and/or don't think highly of my character

Cougar nobody could blame you for taking the offer you have taken if the figure talked about is true,i for one certainly wouldnt but surely you are not saying other reasons would be disenchantment with the club you bled for and have many mates at ? You have said before Coaching wasnt a high priority when the offer was made and fwiw i think you were quite genuine when saying that,so would you have stayed at Port if it didnt arise or were you disappointed about how things were going ? By the way any news on the coaching front for the Colts from any of the boys ?[/quote]

I had always thought i was a chance to have a go at coaching after finishing playing but i had no intentions of doing it this early. I'm not going to lie and say money isn't involved and/or wasn't a factor but i had had 'better offers' before and had always stayed loyal to my club.

I certainly don't have a grudge or anything but when deciding if to leave and coach i had to dot every i and cross every t to make sure it was the right choice and I took my time making the call until I was certain. I'm not going to explain my reasons as i don't have to, my earlier post was merely saying I resent that people think I left only for money

If money was my sole motivation i would have left a long long time ago as i have never been paid big money to play footy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back